Goodbye, everyone

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

SekoETC

Re: Goodbye, everyone

Postby SekoETC » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:43 pm

That's the number of characters, the number of players looks even worse. For the first time ever since statistics were recorded, we're down below 600 players. So in about 20 days, over 200 people have quit. How is this possible? My guess is the inactive Portuguese accounts.
Not-so-sad panda
ObsessedWithCats

Postby ObsessedWithCats » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:59 pm

Yeah, it's the inactive Portuguese accounts in addition to the more meaningful losses of active players - you can see from the graph of players_by_language for language 13.
Xander

Postby Xander » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:33 pm

It's a shame to see you go, and you've played some great characters. Xander was a bit suspicious of Olivia at first, but he grew to like her and her friends.
prometheus

Postby prometheus » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:09 pm

And now they're all going. :(
"Thank my bottom and call me a biscuit."
sherman
Public Relations Chair/Translator-Finnish (PR)

Postby sherman » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:47 pm

Inactive or not that's still major loss and we should work to prevent anymore losses :/
Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
-Erwin Rommel-
Ignacius

Postby Ignacius » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:45 pm

Sherman, you're focused on the wrong thing. Right this moment, numbers don't matter as much; I think people need to sit back and ask why the game is losing really valuable players, and people who have been devoted to it for some time, who have made it a valuable game. Fix the problems forcing people away, or there's not going to be a game to recruit more numbers to.

Wiro, I didn't know many of your characters well, but I knew of a lot of them, and that says a lot for how much you added to the game. Even in my short time playing, you've made a real impact on a few of my characters. And the one that I knew best, Nora... I would never have imagine she was the same player as Elyos, or the others. Good luck with life, and everything, going forward!
Genie
LO - Turkish/RD - Tailor

Postby Genie » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:55 pm

Wiro, this is the second time you left Cantr and I am sorry about this. Even though I have known only half of this list my chars enjoyed interacting with yours. Cantr has its bad aspects at times, but it has a charm too. I bid you farewell just for now and I'll wait for your returning. Thank you for the good RP we had. :)
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
Edgar Allan Poe
Marian

Postby Marian » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:19 am

gah, quote is not edit.
Last edited by Marian on Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Marian

Postby Marian » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:19 am

Wiro, love you, love your chars. I'll have to write a longer post soon, the forum just ate the one I had. :/
Alladinsane

Postby Alladinsane » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:02 am

Best of luck to you in whatever endeavors you decide to pursue in life.

Your vivid imagination will be an asset to any organization you join.
A famous wise man once said absolutely nothing!
Moonflame

Postby Moonflame » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:07 pm

:cry:

If I wrote a song to dry your tears,
To say goodbye after all these years,
But I'd stolen it from Britney Spears,
Would you hold it against me?
"There are precious few at ease
with moral ambiguities
and so we act as though they don't exist"
Marian

Postby Marian » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:36 pm

Wiro, I almost don't know what to say here. I know you're not the one to blame, but you broke my heart, man. Three times over. :cry:

The fact that you could play Olives, Aubergine, Miss Angelou...freakin Elyos. :shock: When even one of them would be a full time job for most players. Anytime I was around any of them I'd be humbled and awed at the writing skill on display. (And I know I told you this the other day, so not to harp on it, but it absolutely blows me away that you taught yourself English as a second language. Sooo many native speakers should be weeping tears of shame right now...) Everything you had your character's say, every word and emote was a work of art. I have a file on my computer for everything hilarious Aubergine did or said. (So, everything I ever saw her say or do... :D:)

Elyos, none of mine knew well, but I knew exactly what he was up too. :P It was interesting, the two different opinions on the same subject he shared with two of my chars... And he was so, soooo gross! One of mine was enamored with the whole idea of the University and looked up to him so, so much, but the two times they met in person she was inwardly cringing and felt like she needed a shower afterwards. ( *smiles uncomfortably, suddenly remembering a cake crumb on his mouth's corner; lick lick lick*) :lol:

All of your characters I knew were iconic and such a major part in their communities, but Elyos...Elyos was civilization on Treefeather. That island will never recover. One thing that's constantly saddened me about this game is the apathy, how few even pretend to care about history, art, what others are doing and trying to create. The festival, and that library with 50 shelves was something my main character had been looking forward too almost her entire life...you spent, it had to be what, around a RL year working towards it? It's such a deep shame and a loss for everyone in the EZ it'll never come to fruition now the way it was meant to be... :(

I would've liked to have known Qhal. I saw his candle museum and of course anyone making custom items, furniture and providing some actual culture for their town and all that won major points from me--custom descs have been around so long, and are such a joy to make and to see, I'm still amazed at how few people bother--but it was two radio messages I heard later that were so like poetry they made me fall in love.

As for Angelou, that grimoire... Image Uh. Well at least someone finally figured out something interesting to do with Ceti...

And since you mentioned Aubergine's will, I hope you don't mind me sharing:

- put cream on my body, avren has to do it
- now wait so i slowly become less water and more aubergine
- wait more (more, more! 15+ years just leave on ground and wait)
- build display in magical library (not fake library avren built)
- when low weight put in display case
- fill with my BOOZE! my dying wish do it. preserve so gil can look always!!!

-with my life book FOREVER in the bookcase

also no funeral just lotta fukken booze, fireworks

- want a statue! in town so all see best fortune teller (want stand next to louisa)

- rule: no crying for more than TWO DAY or get sent to live in san dickia for punish
maybe i gone but magic is still there in you heart

when tell everyone on radio make sure say also that: though she may been small, she
was a medium.

is hilarious joke ... just like life

always laugh on the bright life of side *beer stains*

Thanks for making me laugh through the tears. :)

So, anyway. Wiro, again, I just want to say thank you for all the joy you've added to all our lives. Aubergine was the one I was personally in love with, but Elyos was representative to me in so many ways of everything that was good and right about this game and the potential it had that so few seemed interested in realizing, and with his loss it seems like on a number of levels the green world was thrown out of balance. I doubt the game will ever see someone pick up that torch, and shine so brightly again.

And of course all this not even going into your contributions in RD and on the forum. You were the only one making new items, and taking requests for making things customizable. With you gone and Greek soon too the game is going to stagnate. Understanding why you left, I can't even be sad anymore that you've left, except in that little part of my brain that still wants to insist all the fake green people are real. Your characters were too good for this tiny, dying webgame, and so are you.

P.S. Olives is getting laid to rest in the sweetest marble sarc. I saved the description, I'll PM you once I can get at it.
Chemosh

Postby Chemosh » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:03 pm

Looks like I never have to return that axe now. I only knew one of them but it makes me a bit sad to see so many characters dying.
Kyriel

Postby Kyriel » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:41 pm

And the world has lost some of its color. :cry:
viktor

Postby viktor » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:31 am

I've met 2 of your characters and definitely enjoyed them, I was shocked when I saw Elyos fall.
sure hope you return some day, your rp was a good addition to cantr.

Return to “General Discussion”