To The Player Who X'd

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

ObsessedWithCats

Re: To The Player Who X'd

Postby ObsessedWithCats » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:37 pm

I think we should just nuke the annoys/puzzles thread. :P Recently each time I think to post about something someone(s) do/did/does in there I'm like 'no, this won't make me or anyone feel good' and I delete my post and find something to say in a nicer thread.

Starting over has been really good for me but I don't know if that's forum related.
Marian

Postby Marian » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:52 pm

It's one thread on an entire forum. No one is required to read it or post in it, or take it at all seriously, and I know in many cases people just like to vent a little and move on. It's keeping little things that annoy bottled up until they become big things that lead to ragequits or bitterness over a browser game IRL.

Or at least I know the most frustrating thing for me about the game currently, and for a good long while now, have been things I'm not allowed to post about or discuss with anyone. It's human nature to want to vent sometimes and the thread provides a useful service as a pressure valve that way.

Besides, the forums have been pretty dead lately. Better people posting about small things that annoy them and potentially generating some discussion that way than nothing at all.
Alutka

Postby Alutka » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:29 pm

I think that I've finally brought myself to write a few things. I want to thank Moonflame for her amazing RP. I've met only one character of hers, Riika, and though the encouter was quite short, I still like to come back to it. She was one of the players who encouraged others to play.
People praise in here the Ice Sisters so much. But IMHO, they... well, they only let you -watch- they RP (as amusing and hilarious as it is) and it is really hard to interact with them.
While Riika was doing her best to encourage everybody to stand up to the game. I wish Moonflame didn't press the X, Riika was on a good way to create an amazing society. My char still misses her.

And also a small personal praise: Thank you Moonflame for patiently improving my English! :mrgreen:
“Man sacrifices his health in order to make money.
Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. He is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”
Moonflame

Postby Moonflame » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:06 pm

Come on, you know better than that. *People in here praise the Ice Sisters so much. *their RP. *creating. Slacker ;) I'll let the rest slide. You're very welcome.

Thank you for that praise, It's nice that you can see what I was doing and appreciated the bits of actual expressed Riika amongst her gabble towards the end there. You actually brought a lot of that out. Arguably, I would have enjoyed playing more if I'd been more self-serving and tried to involve fewer people. There's a difficult balance to find there.
"There are precious few at ease
with moral ambiguities
and so we act as though they don't exist"
Alutka

Postby Alutka » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:57 pm

Moonflame wrote:Come on, you know better than that. *People in here praise the Ice Sisters so much. *their RP. *creating. Slacker ;) I'll let the rest slide. You're very welcome.

Now, that is embarassing! :oops:

But you know I did that on purpose, don't you? I wanted to check if you would read my post. :P
Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. He is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”
Moonflame

Postby Moonflame » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:20 pm

Pff! Poles. I hope it was deliberate. I'm picking up on your wording, by the way. I want to say: Next is for me to learn Polish.
That is definitely not how I'd usually say it. Not that I'd usually say I want to learn a second language either.
"There are precious few at ease
with moral ambiguities
and so we act as though they don't exist"
Alutka

Postby Alutka » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:52 am

Another person X'd. Whoever you're were I want you to know, that your RP was amazing. I will miss the nature loving man, the one who could see and hear things. The green world will not be the same without you.
fireintherye

Postby fireintherye » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:56 am

I don't know if it's the same player or not, but I'll certainly miss the gentle farmer. The rp was astonishing and was one of the few things that made me excited to log in. I honestly don't know how to rp my character that was connected to him. So much of what she did was tied to him, and given her nature.... I'm not sure it's possible for her to continue. I've been playing for five months now, I think. And this person's rp was the best I've seen... such beautiful and sensitive emotes! The 'x' was quite sudden and jarred the whole town, but I'm sure the player had a good reason. I hope things for them are well in real life and that quitting was for good reasons only.
JAM

Postby JAM » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:45 pm

I'm shocked. Thank you for those words. I don't know if both were me but I think I can guess your characters from what you say. I enjoyed my earth-speaking farmer a lot. I know that I can't give anything away so all I can say is sorry to those that were in some way attached to mine. They were all great characters and I didn't make the decision as quickly as it felt. That 24hr timer had gone and ran out a few times and I definitely didn't want to leave any hated sleepers behind.

I often felt that I couldn't match the RP around me, especially my first one dimensional character that ended up travelling with the University! I quickly realized that I was out of my depth, but after that I always tried to add to and grow with the environments they were in.

The 'X' was because of the impact on my social life and it's Christmas. I wish I'd found this game 5 years ago. I may be back yet but not for a while, so thanks for the fun 2 months, this really is truly unique and I loved every minute of it. You should all cheer up and enjoy what you have, and are able to play.

Peace & Love.

J

Return to “General Discussion”