Things that thrill or amuse you about Cantr.

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Marian

Re: Things that thrill or amuse you about Cantr.

Postby Marian » Tue May 05, 2015 3:49 pm

I really can't tell whether I should be amused or annoyed that events have transpired to turn my meek little workshop drone into one of my more interesting characters .

....or, well, more interesting character to check. They're still pretty boring themselves, I just have to wake them up a lot more often now.
Rebma

Postby Rebma » Thu May 21, 2015 9:29 am

It's not that I don't think you Polish folk are having a nice respectable conversation, it might in fact be lack of sleep, but... I feel like one of you just called the other one macaroni and I can't stop laughing.
kronos wrote:like a nice trim is totally fine. short, neat. I don't want to be fighting through the forests of fangorn and expecting treebeard to come and show me the way in
Slowness_Incarnate

Postby Slowness_Incarnate » Thu May 21, 2015 3:25 pm

Rebma wrote:It's not that I don't think you Polish folk are having a nice respectable conversation, it might in fact be lack of sleep, but... I feel like one of you just called the other one macaroni and I can't stop laughing.

I am guilty of trying to translate some of the conversations too, and I have run into some hilarious translations. I only translate them because I am nosy, and I don't RP knowing what was said. But...at one point I used it and character A said to character B (this is from an overheard whisper by the way ) "He smell of dung, and taste even worse." I don't think it was intended to be that way, but it was hilarious at the time.
Rebma

Postby Rebma » Fri May 22, 2015 9:21 am

Well, I wasn't using a translator. I was just sort of skimming seeing if I could get the gist of any of it (I can with some languages) and yeah.

Also, idk, I wouldn't be surprised if they actually meant it. I've been to a few polish settlements and when I run the translator, they're always doing some crazy ass shit. If you think they're not, try seeing if they'll emote in English for you because I am telling you I die laughing everytime I end up with a certain group.

I wish I could speak polish so I could convey my amusement in the correct fashion, lol.
kronos wrote:like a nice trim is totally fine. short, neat. I don't want to be fighting through the forests of fangorn and expecting treebeard to come and show me the way in
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Fri May 22, 2015 4:09 pm

When I receive a response to something I forgot I said. Too many things are ignored by sleepy people, so I really appreciate those that never miss a thing even if they aren't that wakeful.
Read about my characters by following this link.
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Mon May 25, 2015 4:54 pm

Today, I looked at an old map of the Dutch region. Suddenly, I realised that one dot (there were a hundred) alone had several years worth of history that I was part of. Can you imagine being the God of Cantr and looking down at the world, being able to zoom in on any of the thousands of locations to listen in on the conversations people are having? I'm dying of curiosity.
Genie
LO - Turkish/RD - Tailor

Postby Genie » Mon May 25, 2015 7:52 pm

It always amuses me to see how often characters have their own minds and players can reflect their different sides. Even my own chars surprise me at times with their strange habits and sometimes dullness, no matter how hard I try I just get a "meh" from them.
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
Edgar Allan Poe
freiana

Postby freiana » Wed May 27, 2015 3:41 pm

I can get so thrilled by the insane coincidences that happen in this game. How the hell did he spawn there (again)?!?
Don't remember where I was - I realized life was a game - The more seriously I took things - The harder the rules became
Undine

Postby Undine » Wed May 27, 2015 8:55 pm

I normally dislike references to pop culture in Cantr, but when it's done in an extremely subtle way, I absolutely love it.
Sirius in Reniov Forest East, I see now what you did there. :lol:
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Sat May 30, 2015 10:15 pm

Finding original copies of notes you wrote six years ago. It's surreal and makes you realise this is a unique game we're playing.
Marian

Postby Marian » Sat May 30, 2015 11:38 pm

*Wiro wrote:Finding original copies of notes you wrote six years ago. It's surreal and makes you realise this is a unique game we're playing.

I ran across something like that awhile back. Funny thing is, it had been so long I was halfway through the note going 'This seems vaguely familiar...?' before it even clicked that I'd been the one to write it.

I should probably have my chars write more in the hopes their notes will turn up some day while a future char is rummaging through a trash envelope, but diaries get time consuming, fast.
Marian

Postby Marian » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:29 pm

Such a small thing, but I always get a rush whenever I can get a group of people coordinated enough to work on one huge project. Watching that percentage number get faster at blazing fast (by Cantrian standards...) speed, such a nice feeling. And so rare not to have someone insisting they need to repair their bone needle or whatever instead.

Also, to have something for the 'amusement' category too, you know Cantr has really changed when a twenty-something can start criticizing and openly lecturing a town leader and the issue gets talked out instead of immediately ending in a one way trip to a prison cell.... :lol:
hyrle

Postby hyrle » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:53 am

Marian wrote:Also, to have something for the 'amusement' category too, you know Cantr has really changed when a twenty-something can start criticizing and openly lecturing a town leader and the issue gets talked out instead of immediately ending in a one way trip to a prison cell.... :lol:

That might also have something to do with the personality of the leader character. There's still plenty of dictator leaders in Cantr, but there are others who are more democratic.
Slowness_Incarnate

Postby Slowness_Incarnate » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:28 am

It amazes me that the last person who stole from one of my character's towns...actually didn't wind up dead.
AshBee
Game Mechanics Member

Postby AshBee » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:39 am

Slowness_Incarnate wrote:It amazes me that the last person who stole from one of my character's towns...actually didn't wind up dead.

I had a character once years and years ago in game who was bored of the situation she was in. She was sailing with two others who always slept and so she decided to ditch them and take their boat and everything they shared. One of them wasn't as asleep as she had thought and so came with a smaller boat docking to her. I sat there and thought well, I knew it was a gamble and now she's dead. She had no strength or skill so easily could have been manipulated by him. Well the person she was stealing from called her a mean name, took no more than 1/3 of the items and put them on his original boat and left. He didn't hit her, he didn't try to sail the boat back to the harbour. He didn't do anything really in hindsight. In face he left her with a boat -he- stole from the town that he had docked to her that was full of stuff so he gave her more than he took.

I just had to sit and laugh at the situation. I was surprised she got away with it so easily!

Return to “General Discussion”