Things that thrill or amuse you about Cantr.

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Rmak

Re: Things that thrill or amuse you about Cantr.

Postby Rmak » Mon May 09, 2016 1:42 am

Knowing that all that honey I found (well found in a locked room in the middle of nowhere) was the product of mechanic exploitation.

I should rename myself Winnie the Pooh.
Quote Wolfsong:
They aren't playing children; they are playing mentally ill people.

:twisted: :roll: :lol: 8) :twisted:
Alutka

Postby Alutka » Tue May 10, 2016 6:50 am

Every time Cantr gives me an adrenaline rush I can't decide if it is a reason to love this game or rather to hate it. It defnitely is something that thrills me. Thrills me 'to the marrow of my bones'.

Jos, I swear, instead of founding the game by donations you should start selling some special extra strong coffee for Cantrians.
“Man sacrifices his health in order to make money.
Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. He is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”
Money

Postby Money » Tue May 10, 2016 3:25 pm

Alutka wrote:Every time Cantr gives me an adrenaline rush I can't decide if it is a reason to love this game or rather to hate it. It defnitely is something that thrills me. Thrills me 'to the marrow of my bones'.

Jos, I swear, instead of founding the game by donations you should start selling some special extra strong coffee for Cantrians.

Cantr 3 is actually being built around micro transactions.

Edit: accidentally wrote built twice
Last edited by Money on Tue May 10, 2016 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greek
Programming Dept. Member/Translator-Polish

Postby Greek » Tue May 10, 2016 4:44 pm

Money wrote:
Alutka wrote:Every time Cantr gives me an adrenaline rush I can't decide if it is a reason to love this game or rather to hate it. It defnitely is something that thrills me. Thrills me 'to the marrow of my bones'.

Cantr 3 is actually built built around micro transactions.

Where is it?
‘Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! You think we should try to get a decent mail service in the city. I think we should try to send letters anywhere in the world! Because if we fail, I’d rather fail really hugely’
Money

Postby Money » Tue May 10, 2016 11:45 pm

Greek wrote:
Money wrote:

Cantr 3 is actually being built around micro transactions.

Where is it?

In my dreams unfortunately, though in the case of a Cantr 3 based on micro transactions definitely my nightmares.

I can see it now "Pay 1 dollar and receive a labour rate boost for the next 100 cantr days! The same old Cantr but half the waiting!".
returner

Postby returner » Wed May 11, 2016 7:03 am

I made a similar joke on IRC (yes you should all be on IRC, it's a party in there that you're missing out on) :lol:

Offer a "shotgun" for $19.95 - one license purchase provides ALL your characters with a shotgun! 50% chance of missing, 100% chance of insta-killing!

Or for $89.95 you can get the Rocket Launcher 2000, which destroys buildings of your choosing - putting everyone inside into an NDS state and injuring 50% of the townfolk!

And for only $0.99 you can skip your character to the next tick! Buy the Tick Pack which comes with 100 tick skips for just $79.99! You'll save $19.01 and that effectively gives all 15 of your characters 6 fantastic attempts at killing every townmember!

Don't forget - you can also buy permanent upgrades! Never get tired again with the "Caffeine Addict" add-on pack. Prevents any action from making you tired for just $149.95. Or maybe you'd like "Mr. Invincible", making one of your characters totally immune from death! Play an Elf-like character now for just $299.95.

Oh boy just give me GAB access now and I'll make everyone's dreams come true. :twisted: :mrgreen:
This account is no longer active - please send any PMs to my new one.
Slowness_Incarnate

Postby Slowness_Incarnate » Thu May 12, 2016 3:32 pm

I am getting so many funny looks for laughing out of nowhere. :mrgreen:
the_antisocial_hermit

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Thu May 19, 2016 5:04 pm

It amused me that my second character this time around spawned in the same town as my very first ever character in the 7- or 800-somethings. I also had a character in the 1100's that spawned there when I came back to the game the second time, though it spent less time there than the first, due to a job with a local company at the time. Things certainly have changed over the years.
Glitch! is dead! Long live Glitch!
Remember guys and gals, it's all Pretendy Fun Time Games!
Mafia Salad

Postby Mafia Salad » Tue May 31, 2016 2:37 am

Finding evidence of your characters from a decade earlier. Im sure most of you who returned had a bit of a feel good moment when you realized your characters were not forgotten, but left some impact on this digital world. I didn't really expect many if any of mine to, since none lived past their mid 30's or attained any real leadership.

Oddly enough it was my character who never once met another character, not even the day he spawned, who's evidence I found first. Poor lonely Sagev Sal.
Fortune Cookie Says:
You should consider a career change, you'd make an excellent doormat.

[quote]1441-7: You skillfully kill a racoon using a broom.[/quote]
MattWithoos

Postby MattWithoos » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:23 am

The effort people put into custom descriptions. They just bring the world alive and give so much opportunity for roleplay. It's a positive vicious cycle!
Wolfsong

Postby Wolfsong » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:21 am

I have a throwaway semi-sleeper that sometimes is my most amusing character to play, because of the handicaps I impose on myself when playing this particular PC.
nateflory

Postby nateflory » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:51 pm

Those characters that set plans in motion, and then many days later, events wrap around the others involved, and the plans go a bit differently than you-the-player expected, but still make you smile because it's kinda awesome. :)

Also, as said before, having a vaguely uninspired character get an idea or find a niche and be brought to Life in your mind, and make him/her/itself a lot of fun, unexpectedly! :D

Yay Cantr!
---------------------------------
"Nature may reach the same result in many ways." - Nikola Tesla
"Dare to be naïve". - "Unity is plural and, at minimum, is two." - Bucky Fuller
AshBee
Game Mechanics Member

Postby AshBee » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:10 am

I love how Cantr is so much more than a game. It can become real with all kinds of real emotions wrapped up into it. It makes me laugh, and cry, and ball up my fists in frustration and much much more. The characters become like real people who you consider like your friends. I am grateful for all of the players who continue to engage themselves (even when I am not very good at it) to bring this world to life.
LittleSoul

Postby LittleSoul » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:04 pm

AdLab wrote:I love how Cantr is so much more than a game. It can become real with all kinds of real emotions wrapped up into it. It makes me laugh, and cry, and ball up my fists in frustration and much much more. The characters become like real people who you consider like your friends. I am grateful for all of the players who continue to engage themselves (even when I am not very good at it) to bring this world to life.

Seconded.
Wolfsong

Postby Wolfsong » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:17 pm

Godamnnit, Doryiskom.

Return to “General Discussion”