Things that thrill or amuse you about Cantr.

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Wolfsong

Re: Things that thrill or amuse you about Cantr.

Postby Wolfsong » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:38 am

You can't domesticate dogs... yet. I imagine wolves are on the list eventually.
LittleSoul

Postby LittleSoul » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:26 am

I hope so. That would bring some really cool scenes into play.
Vega

Postby Vega » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:19 am

That of my chars needs a tamed wolf.
That needs a dog. Or a cat. Or a raccoon, it doesn't matter...
Quebec Lima Delta November
Something like a story
Wolfsong

Postby Wolfsong » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:58 am

They probably haven't been implemented yet because the larger predatory animals actually can do a fair amount of damage to other characters if used to attack. I suppose if they're too heavy to pick up/aren't configured to be weapons, that won't matter, though. I'd personally like to see the fail results from a few wolf domestication attempts - those things can pack a punch if you have a crappy character.
Genie
LO - Turkish/RD - Tailor

Postby Genie » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:21 pm

It is funny that sometimes Cantr has its own karma system and it works in the strange ways.
Long long ago, in a small and mostly peaceful town there was a problematic guy who caused some issues with a good neighbour. Just because town people still believe there is good in him they sent someone trusted to save him from the jail. Other town's leaders accepted letting him go and he would fill his punishment time in his own city. His people were worried about him and they planned a special ceremony to get rid of the bad in him and bringing the good back. Anyway this hasn't been possible because those neighbours had to pay a visit and even though they didn't answer his insults he kept talking behind a window in a closed building. One of the citizens got very angry and told him she's coming there if he doesn't stop talking.
At the end his manners got him killed. Things are normal and reasonable until here as such things can happen in many places in Cantria. What amused me is a short time worker in the town wrote a permanent false note about what happened there and he even tried to turn some people against them. He was working in another building when those things happened.
Anyway years passed and this note reached to where everythings started. Of course this old thing isn't so important since we have many other gossips now, but it made someone smile.
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
Edgar Allan Poe
Mafia Salad

Postby Mafia Salad » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:15 am

I got to see the Jelly Roller a while back. That made me happy. Although a marginally funny name on its own, it was the final result of a running joke that went back to the day my character Jelly Enjam spawned. And that makes it extra funny to me.
Fortune Cookie Says:
You should consider a career change, you'd make an excellent doormat.

[quote]1441-7: You skillfully kill a racoon using a broom.[/quote]
ObsessedWithCats

Postby ObsessedWithCats » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:38 pm

Boy Cantr sure has gotten entertainingly weird in the couple of months I've been gone XD Now I'm trying to resist creating a new character to demonstrate to myself that it's not just the 'peculiar geography' of the area :P
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:25 pm

Sounds like Omeo.
Not-so-sad panda
Tiamo

Postby Tiamo » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:34 pm

I love reading through the notes that are left in shipwrecks. They are telling some incredible stories.
I think ...
Mafia Salad

Postby Mafia Salad » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:36 am

It cracks me up that you can be in a town with 5 people for several in game years and nobody will know 2 of their names.
Fortune Cookie Says:

ObsessedWithCats

Postby ObsessedWithCats » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:22 pm

When that sadly sleepy looking spawntown wakes up and gives you half a million different opportunities to do something exciting with your character :D
the_antisocial_hermit

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:01 pm

It is amusing, puzzling and somewhat sad to be sitting on a longboat that once meant a lot to another character of mine many RL years ago.

Amusing and puzzling because I wonder how that little boat got to where it is now. It is very far from home.

Somewhat sad, because someone very dear to the old character had been laid to rest at sea from that boat, with a very emotional (especially for that character) declaration, yet it means less than nothing to the character currently using it.
Glitch! is dead! Long live Glitch!
Remember guys and gals, it's all Pretendy Fun Time Games!
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:37 pm

Maybe I've said this before but it's always cool to see characters wearing clothes made by your dead characters. If they're hand-me-downs, it makes me wonder how they got them, were they gifted or taken from a dead body.
Not-so-sad panda
Mafia Salad

Postby Mafia Salad » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:45 pm

It makes my day when someone put the time and effort into doing a great job role playing when there is only one or two other people in town or on the boat or wherever to see it. Seriously, thanks for caring enough about your character and my character to do that, even though you will likely never get an RP praise shout out or any other recognition.
Fortune Cookie Says:

Camel

Postby Camel » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:52 pm

Mafia Salad wrote:It makes my day when someone put the time and effort into doing a great job role playing when there is only one or two other people in town or on the boat or wherever to see it. Seriously, thanks for caring enough about your character and my character to do that, even though you will likely never get an RP praise shout out or any other recognition.

Agreed entirely, it really makes my day a bit brighter when there's just two, or three people around and they still put effort in for amazing role play. Shout out to each and every one of you, you're amazing!

Return to “General Discussion”