Yourself as a Cantrian

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

SekoETC

Yourself as a Cantrian

Postby SekoETC » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:52 pm

I think we had this discussion before but I can't be bothered to search for it. So what would your description be if you were a Cantrian, which clothes would you wear and what skills would you have?

She's in her twenties and looks very young. She's about 5-foot-3 and looks shapely with wide hips and thighs, a good-sized rack and a bit of a round belly. Her hair is brown and cut in an asymmetric style so that it's longer in the right side, shorter in the back and left. Her eyes are light brown, almost amber, and the right one looks slightly to the side instead of straight ahead. She has a small white scar on her right forearm and another one on her left shin, close to the knee. Closer inspection might reveal white scratch-marks on both forearms.

She's wearing:
iron-framed spectacles
cotton shirt
cotton shorts

Skills: skillful at cooking, efficient at tailoring, efficient at carpentry
Not-so-sad panda
kicking jay

Re: Yourself as a Cantrian

Postby kicking jay » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:46 pm

a man in his twenties

Before you is a young man who appears older than his age.
His voice is toneless and flat; he has a tendency to ramble between periods of silence. His hazel eyes, thickly browed, either gaze listlessly into the distance or flash from interest to interest. His jawline is strong and his nose is longer than average. Thick brown - almost black - hair, not long but in desperate need of a trim, covers his head: a thoughtless mess. His skin is tanned from sun, albeit irregularly. He is strong but not large. His hands are long; his shoulders, sloping; his waist, thin. His glasses are unwashed; his posture, horrific; his bouncing foot, hyperactive.
He is most often found in grey clothes too thick for the appropriate season - turtlenecks and thick slacks. He avoids shoes and is rarely seen without vivid football socks pulled up to the knee. He keeps his skin clean, his hair less so.
He is often bored, and he cracks his back habitually.

Bonus points for keeping it under the char limit.

E: skills
cooking - skilled
collecting - skilled
manufacturing tools - efficently
gardening - awkward
fishing - awkward
Last edited by kicking jay on Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chroma Key

Postby Chroma Key » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:08 pm

A woman in her thirties.
A petite (5'3), olive skinned slim woman with a youthful face, almond shaped honey coloured eyes, small lips naturally curved up in the corners (giving the impression that she's always about to smile) framed by deep dimples. A slight but bony bump on the bridge of her nose. Her shoulder length, very thick, dark brown hair is a mess of curls, with highlighted locks here and there. Her hands and feet are small and delicate, her step light and quick.

She wears:
Colourful, knee length, boho silk dress.
Leather sandals/embroidered canvas shoes (red trainers on the way to/from work).
Silver pearl ring with diamonds.
Pearl bracelets.
Pearl necklace.
Pink pearl earrings.
Silver locket.
Butterfly pendant with beads.
Half frame nerdy glasses.

Skills: Cooking - efficiently, gardening - novicely, carpentry - efficiently, collecting - expertly, manufacturing - awkwardly.
"She could make something sound stupid just by hearing it.”
"For a short moment there, you almost sounded human."
Genie
LO - Turkish/RD - Tailor

Postby Genie » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:01 pm

A woman in her thirties who appears younger than her age.
She stands for almost 5'7, her skin is fair and she has feminine features with slim waist and round hips. Her long hair is falling down from her shoulders with free waves , its colour is kind of a deep red which is more noticeable in the sun light. She has brown , soft looking eyes , her brows are naturally thin. Her face is oval shaped, her nose and mouth are small.

She often looks thoughtful , she usually carries some notes or herbs in her hands, she can be seen as talking to the plants and the animals.

She is wearing

A black , slighty loose cotton skirt reaching little below her knees. It has some silky looking , black embroideries in front , it is ending with a black velvet patch between two thick lines of decorative stitches .
A cotton , V necked , short sleeved , purplish shirt which is fitting her body . It has a moon picture in eclipse and a small star above it, both are connected with the white dots .
Leather, black , high sandals
At her right hand and arm a silver ring and bracelet with similar ,kind of knot pattern on them
At her left hand a shiny,black ring which is carved from thick glass and with two white stripes on it.
She has a silver, dragon pendant around her neck and she tends to play with that.

Skills : Cooking- Efficent- Collecting-Skilled - Gardening- Skilled- Carpentry- Efficient Tailoring- Novicely
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
Edgar Allan Poe
Otherside

Postby Otherside » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:33 pm

A man in his thirties.

He stands at 5'10" with broad shoulders and an otherwise average frame, he has blue eyes and a mess of sandy blonde hair sticking up at various angles, he has a well kept beard, about 3 inches from his chin, his demeanour is relaxed and friendly though there's always a glint in his eye. He almost always has a warm smile and looks like he just stepped off a beach.

He wears:

Cotton polo shirt
Cargo shorts
Silver ring
Flip flops
You speak in every curling wave and sing in every violent breeze.
NostalgicMelody7

Postby NostalgicMelody7 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:39 pm

He is in his twenties and is expertly working on project 'Playing video games'. He seems to have average strength.

"He stands at 5'7" in height. His skin is lightly tanned, with a slight yellow tint to it. While the upper half of his body is not toned and lacks body hair, the lower half features powerful, muscular legs that are covered in black hair. His light brown hair is cut shorter on the sides, and longer on the top, and it comes into a sort of widow's peak above his hazel eyes. His face is rather feminine, with smooth cheeks and a pointed chin. His voice is generally soft and higher pitched than that of most men, but when he sings, his voice is that of a bass."

He is wearing:
Skinny Jeans
Cotton Shirt
Cotton Vest
Leather Shoes

Skills:
Burying - Expert :D
Video Gaming - Expert
Singing - Skillful
Writing - Skillful
Cooking - Efficient
Gardening - Efficient
Any other skill that could be useful in Cantr - Awkward
Bmot
Game Mechanics Chair / HR/PD Member

Postby Bmot » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:59 pm

Oh, I like this thread :)

He is in his twenties and is working on project 'Resting on Couch'. He seems to have average strength.

Standing at an average Dutch height, his natural shape is broad, though his figure is plumped and rounded a bit. His hair is dark and curly, and combed back mostly so it stays out of his face. He can often be seen running a hand through his hair. He has speaking, greenish eyes, with a wide nose between them. His face often shows facial hair of a few days. He is never seen in trousers shorter than over-the-knee length. His skin is lightly tanned, though the parts covered by clothing are clearly lined out and tanned less.

He wears:

- cotton shirt - A black, basic, plain shirt with short sleeves is worn over the chest.
- sportswatch - A black, rubber covered watch with a rubber band is strapped around the left wrist.
- denim trousers - Long trousers with straight legs, made of denim.
- canvas sneakers - A casual pair of blue, rubber-soled shoes made of a lightweight canvas and laced over the instep.

You can see him holding:
- a brand new knife
- a new pair of sunglasses

Skills:
Cooking - efficiently
Carpeting - efficiently
Gardening - awkwardly

Well, that's it :P

Chroma Key wrote:Colourful, knee length, boho silk dress.
Leather sandals/embroidered canvas shoes (red trainers on the way to/from work).
Silver pearl ring with diamonds.
Pearl bracelets.
Pearl necklace.
Pink pearl earrings.
Silver locket.
Butterfly pendant with beads.
Half frame nerdy glasses.

Whoo :) Someone likes her pearls :P
Richard Dawkins wrote:We privileged few, who won the lottery of birth against all odds, how dare we whine at our inevitable return to that prior state from which the vast majority have never stirred?
ObsessedWithCats

Postby ObsessedWithCats » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:13 pm

So this would require a minor liberty with the initial creation process but...

They are in their twenties and skilfully working on project 'procrastinating (not doing the washing up)'. They seem to be of average strength.

They look young and fairly slim, 5'6" tall when standing straight with skinny arms. Their eyes are a boring grey-ish kind of blue and their hair is medium-brown, curly, armpit-length, slightly frizzy and tied back in a low, tight ponytail. Their ears are very small and stick out at a greater angle than is normal - the right one is curled over at the top. Their face is covered in freckles and acne-scars. Sitting or standing at rest their right shoulder is higher than their left and they will often, with no apparent prompting, suddenly correct their posture. They are fidgety and often seem to be lost in thought.

They wear:
Cotton shirt
Denim trousers
Canvas sneakers

Skills:
Cooking - skilled
Gardening - novice
Tailoring - efficient
Collecting - skilled
(Apparently a walking skill was once considered? I'd be expert at that :P)
kicking jay

Postby kicking jay » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:28 pm

Bmot wrote:average Dutch height

Sooo, super tall? :P

ObsessedWithCats wrote:(Apparently a walking skill was once considered? I'd be expert at that :P)

Same, yeah. I'd like to see this in game.
Cdls

Postby Cdls » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:44 pm

kicking jay wrote:

And totally OOC, reporting!

8) :lol:
Bmot

Postby Bmot » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:45 pm

kicking jay wrote:

Sooo, super tall?

Meh, 1,80 meters :P. I'm on my phone, so you can figure out the conversion yourself :P
Richard Dawkins wrote:We privileged few, who won the lottery of birth against all odds, how dare we whine at our inevitable return to that prior state from which the vast majority have never stirred?
Bmot

Postby Bmot » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:46 pm

Cdls wrote:
kicking jay wrote:

And totally OOC, reporting!

8) :lol:

The sunglasses and watch might be slightly ooc as well :P
Chroma Key

Postby Chroma Key » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:48 pm

Bmot wrote:Standing at an average Dutch height...

I did guess your height right!! :wink:

Bmot wrote:Whoo :) Someone likes her pearls :P

They are very special to me for several reasons... And my daughter is named after them, too. 8)
"She could make something sound stupid just by hearing it.”
"For a short moment there, you almost sounded human."
BosBaBe

Postby BosBaBe » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:59 pm

Oh boy. xD

She is in her twenties and awkwardly working on 'Not looking weird'.

She stands at an average height of 5'5'', with pale lightly freckled skin. She seems weaker than average, and she has a pear shaped, slightly chubby form, with wide milk maid hips and ample breasts. It seems like she was fatter once, but she's lost some weight since her clothes fit rather loosely. Her legs are long and shapely despite her weight, probably formed from exercise. She has a roundish face with large, pale blue eyes, overly long lashes, pale lips and dimples that form easily when she smiles. Her hair is a total mess of thick, bushy brown hair, with curls and waves tumbling down her back all the way to her lower back. Long bangs frame her face and often get in the way. She often seems shy and socially awkward, standing off to the side with her arms folded. But the moment someone talks to her or includes her, she bursts into a fit of words, rambling in a sheepish fashion. But despite that she makes jokes often, and her smiles are wide and warm despite her awkward appearance.

She wears:
Thigh Length Boots: A pair of black thigh high boots, stopping just above the knees. They have tall full platform heels, and a single buckle and strap at each ankle. They're zipped up at the sides. They hug close to the wearers legs, and the thick heels provide ample balance.
Cotton tights: Black cotton tights, pulled up to the waist. They fit slightly loosely, like they're too big for her.
Cotton Dress: A comfortable, royal blue cotton dress, with mid length sleeves that reach just past her elbows, hugging her arms and shoulders. It fits tightly around her chest and has a high neckline, the circular neckline stopping just below her collarbone. The dress flares out from beneath her bust and flows down in a wide skirt, stopping high on her thighs. The slightly heavy material only flares a little, but it accentuates her hips and bust. It seems a little too big for her recently, loose at the front and back. It sways as she walks, and the outfit seems simple but stylish.
Light silver topaz necklace: A London blue topaz, cut into an oval shape and set on a ornate silver base. It's relatively small, and is suspended on a thin, delicate silver chain.
Sapphire floral ring: A small, delicate silver floral ring with a thin band. A small, oval cut and rounded Star Sapphire is placed in the middle, with smaller circular diamonds surrounding it like petals, making the ring appear to be an ornate flower. The gems shine and reflect the light in facets, but the star sapphire is the most spectacular, producing a light blue, shining star across its surface when the light touches it.
Silver locket: A large heart shaped locket with the words 'I love you' engraved into it. It opens up to reveal a note inside, and she wears it above the topaz necklace, close to her neck.

As for my skills, I'm not sure, but Animal Domestication, Fighting and Cooking would be my expert skills. And art and writing if they were skills. And my weapon would be a crossbow or composite recurve bow depending on mood, along with a dagger. (for slaughtering Drama Llama's to cook some Drama Llama Pie)

I was brutally honest with this xD and the outfit described it the one I'm wearing right now. I don't think I would mind making myself in Cantr, but would feel too weird.

(so many spelling errors and edits fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu)
kicking jay

Postby kicking jay » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:12 am

BosBaBe wrote: She often seems shy and socially awkward, standing off to the side with her arms folded. But the moment someone talks to her or includes her, she bursts into a fit of words, rambling in a sheepish fashion. But despite that she makes jokes often, and her smiles are wide and warm despite her awkward appearance.

Holy crap this is exactly myself.

Return to “General Discussion”