Favourite custom descriptions

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Marian

Re: Favourite custom descriptions

Postby Marian » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:41 pm

SumBum wrote:The blatant copy/paste of descriptions is reportable though, I think.

I've actually considered having a character copy a design from a note they have and try to pass it off as their own. :P. But in this case it's copying it straight from the forum, and claiming to be using materials they don't have access to, and that's so incredibly lame.
SumBum

Postby SumBum » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:27 pm

Marian wrote:
SumBum wrote:The blatant copy/paste of descriptions is reportable though, I think.

I've actually considered having a character copy a design from a note they have and try to pass it off as their own. :P. But in this case it's copying it straight from the forum, and claiming to be using materials they don't have access to, and that's so incredibly lame.

I think that's a different scenario. What you're talking about is something done ICly. Your char saw something and wanted to copy it. I think that's completely legit. People take credit for things that aren't theirs all the time. :P

It's the OOC copy/paste that I would report. Like a player seeing something with one of their chars and copying it to another of their chars who didn't see it in-game, or seeing something on the forum and copying it.
I don't know karate, but I know KA-RAZY!! - James Brown
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:29 pm

Wanna buy some totally real L&L?
Read about my characters by following this link.
prometheus

Postby prometheus » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:52 am

SekoETC wrote:primitive fur cloak - This cloak is made entirely out of rat skins, spaced evenly and with the tails still intact, pointing downwards.

My char may have seen this guy, or someone using an almost entirely copied description (although they managed to use the phrase 'rat asses', so points for creativity there?) and she thought he looked like a weasel. It never occurred to me that he couldn't have had actual rat hides/fur.
Marian

Postby Marian » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:20 am

copper ring - It appears someone mounted two saggy, copper breasts on this ring.
Friar Briar

Postby Friar Briar » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:04 pm

a brand new small drum - A small drum that's been painted black white lightning bolts on the sides and a bloody red pentagram inscribed in a circle on the skin. When struck, it resonates with a deep and sinister timbre.

a brand new triangle - A thick chrome triangle held by a thin piece of dark red string. A high voltage copper wire dangles from one corner and is attached to a portable radio amplifier. Waving around the triangle produces a spooky theremin like effect. When struck, the beast emits a ear-piercing screech followed by a eerie hum.

a brand new jembe drum - A small drum shaped like an upside down bell. The bowl has been carved to look like a grinning skull with the top sliced off, and the skin on top has been painted with a gross cross-section of a brain. Small sparks of flame sit in the eye sockets. When played, it gives off a deep, ominous boom.

a brand new bone rattle - This rattle is a large femur with an animal skull mounted on top. Smaller skulls impaled by vicious spikes hang from strings underneath, and they clatter evilly when the rattle is shaken.

wooden chopsticks - A oversized pair of chopsticks which have been fashioned into an ornate pair of drumsticks. They have been painted black and end in tiny skulls. Each stick has a word carved into the the sides of the handles: "TOTALLY" and "METAL".

Using the word "theremin" in a description thrills the English teacher in me to the bone. I love when I learn new vocab from a fellow player. Beautiful! :twisted:
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:37 am

Totally metal!
Read about my characters by following this link.
Kyriel

Postby Kyriel » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:27 pm

From anonymous:

diamond tipped scepter - A long golden handle supports an ornate top - the wings of a great eagle rise ab⍚ve its uplifted head. Two large diamonds are glittering, piercing eyes. The end is tipped in a silver orb.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:04 pm

He is in his forties.

"Young man in his thirties with dark green eyes. He has long and prematurely greyed salt-and-pepper hair which grows down to his mid chest. He is of well below average height, about 4'8". He has unusual looking visage: a striking underbite, a small nose, quite narrow lipped, normal ears with attached ear lobes, and square shaped face. A large port-wine stain can be seen on his left lower neck, appearing to continue below the collar of his jacket and tunic. He has a slim to average build. "

He wears:

silk necktie - A wide band of red silk fabric is worn around the neck, tied in anintricate knot close to the throat, it is decorated with embroidery of multicoloured flowers, and disappears below the woolen vest.
blazer - Formal appearing wool tail-coat, dyed vividly red, with fine multicolored thread embroidery on the torso, cuff and chin high collar depicting flowers, with bone buttons dyed in a slightly darker red without lapels. It hangs open at the front, and is not designed to close. Lined in dull yellow.
formal wool vest - A rakish vest made of thick wool dyed in a shiny silver colour, detailed with a decorative leaf pattern in slightly lighter silverIt is fastened snuggly around the torso with polished tortoiseshell buttons, and lined in dull yellow.
long sleeved cotton shirt - A magnolia white cotton garment with sleeves that overflow over the wrist ending in moderately sized frills. The collar is high and almost touching his chin.
tortoiseshell ring - a thick band of polished tortoiseshell around one finger
wool leggings - A distinctive pair of knit wool dress breeches, dull yellow incolour, closely hugging the contours of the pelvis and legs to 5cm below the knees where a tassle hangs on either side; the knit is tight and they appear warm.
silk stockings - a sheer layer of fine silk covering the legs from the toes up to mid-thigh. The smooth fabric clings to every curve
leather shoes - A fine pair of shiny black leather shoes without laces, a turnedleather tongue hangs over the dorsum of the foot decorated with brocade work. The soles are thin and flat, adding to lift to the wearers height.

The description is obviously generated with that randomizer I wrote, so it's always fun to see some people found it useful. The clothing is nice, although they probably copypasted from a note and the line breaks didn't convert into spaces. I cringe when I see that happen. It happened to Coventina once and it bugged me every time I saw the item in question, but I didn't feel like fixing it because it would've taken so long.
Not-so-sad panda
the_antisocial_hermit

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:31 pm

I've had that happen. I cringe every time I think about it or see it, too, but yea, it's way too much time to fix a single space. I was so disappointed though after already spending so long to make the item. :( In my mind it feels like a hem that's come loose or something.

Maybe someday I'll get around to fixing it.
Glitch! is dead! Long live Glitch!
Remember guys and gals, it's all Pretendy Fun Time Games!

Return to “General Discussion”