Animals domestication - finally there!

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Millhouse

Re: Animals domestication - finally there!

Postby Millhouse » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:57 am

viktor wrote:
Greek wrote:
viktor wrote:other question... I did try keeping animals.. produce animals indoors, kept fattened for a long time.. but they were never worth any product(they were not kept to be pets, they were for butchering, but ate and ate to no avail), it was not possible to milk or sheer them as that menu was not available and they never fattened up to be worth butchering, just wondering if this will change or if they will only be worth collection/butchering outside/raised outdoors?

Animals can be breed only outside. Most of options would need to be implemented from scratch to make them work for animal objects and there's no reason to make a change like that.

sorry, I should clarify.
I didn't mean to breed them indoors only to produce goods like more of their meats wool, eggs milk
for example, I tried putting an animal indoors for a few years I kept checking fattened the whole time
but every time I checked to butcher.. I would always get low meat so I would just not butcher and wait and wait.
eventually I couldn't keep wasting the feed so I sent them out again so they could yield very high meat
I was wondering if I can ever get very high meat amount from butchering an animal raised indoors?
I never tried having a loose animal outdoors for a year to see if that would work.. do they have to be raised for a while in a pack to become very high meat? or just outdoors?

They have to be in a pack to increase meat or other renewables (eggs, milk, wool etc) It's explained in posts in this thread, you just kind of have to go back a few pages.

On that subject, I was wondering if certain animals were supposed to take much longer than others to increase meat? Because I am caring for this one particular pack of animals and wow I've never seen it take this long to go from below average to very high. I hope that translates into there being more meat.
Siphersh

Postby Siphersh » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:56 am

How do I feed my tamed hawk? I have a grass basket, some meat feed, what should I do with them to feed the hawk?
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:57 am

Put the meat feed in the grass basket and keep the grass basket in your inventory if you're holding the hawk, or on the ground/floor of the same place where the hawk is if it's on the ground/floor.
Not-so-sad panda
Millhouse

Postby Millhouse » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:18 pm

I've tried to find out in game this answer but it's really difficult to test so here goes. Does having more animals in a pack increase the amount of raws that you get when collecting? For example if I have 1 sheep in a pack and collect wool will it be less that if there are 3 sheep when I start collecting? (assume that each time the level of wool is "very high")
Siphersh

Postby Siphersh » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:59 am

SekoETC wrote:Put the meat feed in the grass basket and keep the grass basket in your inventory if you're holding the hawk, or on the ground/floor of the same place where the hawk is if it's on the ground/floor.

Thank you, it worked :)
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:59 am

Millhouse wrote:I've tried to find out in game this answer but it's really difficult to test so here goes. Does having more animals in a pack increase the amount of raws that you get when collecting? For example if I have 1 sheep in a pack and collect wool will it be less that if there are 3 sheep when I start collecting? (assume that each time the level of wool is "very high")

Yes.
Not-so-sad panda
Rogir

Postby Rogir » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:31 pm

Question: is there a way to get a steed on a ship? I know a tame animal can be dragged like any object, but you need about four characters to do so. When you are on/in your steed, you usually can't see other buildings and vehicles, so I wonder how it would work. Would be very nice for my explorer to get a ferry to the next island.
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Postby Snickie » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:44 pm

There is. I've seen it happen. Don't know how but I think steeds are programmed to be more trusting than other domesticated animals - the owner can drag them on their own, but if anyone else tries it takes 4 or more characters, or something like that.
Rebma

Postby Rebma » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:06 pm

Snickie wrote:There is. I've seen it happen. Don't know how but I think steeds are programmed to be more trusting than other domesticated animals - the owner can drag them on their own, but if anyone else tries it takes 4 or more characters, or something like that.

I swear I helped a character move a camel, their camel, onto a ship.
kronos wrote:like a nice trim is totally fine. short, neat. I don't want to be fighting through the forests of fangorn and expecting treebeard to come and show me the way in
the_antisocial_hermit

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:35 pm

Rebma wrote:
Snickie wrote:There is. I've seen it happen. Don't know how but I think steeds are programmed to be more trusting than other domesticated animals - the owner can drag them on their own, but if anyone else tries it takes 4 or more characters, or something like that.

I've done this several times as well, across a variety of steeds.
Glitch! is dead! Long live Glitch!
Remember guys and gals, it's all Pretendy Fun Time Games!
Tiamo

Postby Tiamo » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:42 pm

Rogir wrote:Question: is there a way to get a steed on a ship? I know a tame animal can be dragged like any object, but you need about four characters to do so. When you are on/in your steed, you usually can't see other buildings and vehicles, so I wonder how it would work. Would be very nice for my explorer to get a ferry to the next island.

To be able to move a steed to a ship it has to be unsaddled. The owner can then, under the right circumstances, move (drag) it all alone.
The steed will use the space of about 2 people, so be certain the ship has enough space left!
I think ...
Rogir

Postby Rogir » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:53 pm

Rebma wrote:

Well, camels are noted in real life for being very stubborn.

Tiamo wrote:To be able to move a steed to a ship it has to be unsaddled. The owner can then, under the right circumstances, move (drag) it all alone.
The steed will use the space of about 2 people, so be certain the ship has enough space left!

So if I understand correctly, first the vehicle has to be turned into an object by unsaddling it, than the animal can be moved by one character, but only if it's loyal to that character.
And then of course at the other side you would have to resaddle your steed. Doable, but not something to do too often.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:02 pm

Not everybody can singlehandedly drag an animal that is loyal to them, it requires a certain amount of strength. But two people should be enough, as long as one of them is the owner.
Not-so-sad panda
Millhouse

Postby Millhouse » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:23 pm

You also need a wheelbarrow or improved wheelbarrow to hope to be able to move large steeds by yourself.

IIRC characters get a 4x dragging bonus on their loyal steeds. With the largest steeds weighing 150 kilos you'd have to be able to drag 37.5 kilos of normal weight on your own without a wheelbarrow in order to drag a loyal steed. That's something I think only the strongest characters can do.
Slowness_Incarnate

Postby Slowness_Incarnate » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:33 am

So weird..is there some kind of odd increase on hay consumption for buffalo? I've had three buffalo eat 780 hay total in about a day.

Return to “General Discussion”