FAQ suggestions

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

The Hunter

Postby The Hunter » Sat Aug 16, 2003 1:10 pm

Well, how exactly does one pick a lock?

Yes, I'm another Newb.

The general things like farming for food, talking and pointing, etc are quite obvious. But how about explaining What a landing stage is for, or a lighthouse. What are the relative speeds of vehicles compared to each other. What certain tools are used for. Like Needles. For sewing what??? Is a stome hammer the same as a iron hammer? or does it have limitations. Or wears off faster? Although those could be fixed with tool descriptions. Idea?

Anyway, Game looks great, no matter how "simple" it looks.

And i see David goodwin is a Monty fan?
swymir

Postby swymir » Sat Aug 16, 2003 1:46 pm

Well most of those questions are meant not to be answered. You just have to build the tool then find out what it does. Even though our characters know how to build and harvest everything they don't know what it does until they have it. I'm not sure what some of the vechicles even are. If they are a boat or a car or what.
The Hunter

Postby The Hunter » Sat Aug 16, 2003 10:00 pm

You just have to build the tool then find out what it does. Even though our characters know how to build and harvest everything they don't know what it does until they have it.

You mean like: lets make a needle. I know how and with what materials to make them, yet i don't know what to use the for. or "lets build a van. Of it's purpose, I'm not sure or how fast it will go, but what the heck, let's build it anyway".
Its like: "Lets build the A-bomb en then see what it does"?
swymir

Postby swymir » Sat Aug 16, 2003 10:22 pm

Pretty much. I'm sure you can ask someone who has experience with the item about it, but lets say the person who made the van dies without telling anyone far away. Now no one knows how fast and how much weight a van can carry. I would say that's like losing the technology cause now you have to build one again to know it.
The Hunter

Postby The Hunter » Sun Aug 17, 2003 2:33 am

So the Van inventor would have to write a plan on " how to build a Van". Wouldnt he also write down the carachteristics of that van? And since we all "spawn" unexperienced, how would we know of such a plan. Some kind of instinct? Wouldn't it be better then if we could buy that plan or get it from another player? Just to make things more complicated i guess, LOL.

Anyway, I still havent found a use for Zinc or cotton for example. I cant find anything in the "build" menu that needs those resources. Or am i just blind? Nah, have 200% eyesight acc to the men in white coats. (don't ask me what they r called, optometrists?). Maybe pure ignorance??? LMAO...
Life is fun. Play naked with Psycho-Pixie.

"Our enemies are resourceful and innovative".
"and so are we..."
They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and people"
"and neither do we"
~G.W Bush
Rob Maule

Postby Rob Maule » Sun Aug 17, 2003 5:40 am

To figure out what your characters know about, just click the 'Build' button. All the projects in the 'Vehicle' menu are obviously means of travel. Same with others. And your character may not know what something is, but if they want to build something with a certain tool, they'll know they need it. But the whole thing is pretty much up to you.

To answer of few of your direct questions: Lighthouses have the same purpose as in real life. And needles will obviously be used for sewing, like you said. But I believe the ability to sew has not yet been programmed/implemented. You'll just have to make the right tools and wait for the day they do something. And objects do not currently have "wear and tear." But it's been discussed.
new.vogue.nightmare

Postby new.vogue.nightmare » Sun Aug 17, 2003 4:42 pm

Orion, Hunter and guide wrote:Anyway, I still havent found a use for Zinc or cotton for example.

No uses for cotton? Look a little closer...Maybe you should sleep on it, hm? :wink:
Sicofonte wrote:SLURP, SLURP, SLURP...

<Kimidori> esperanto is sooooo sexy^^^^
The Hunter

Postby The Hunter » Sun Aug 17, 2003 6:51 pm

No uses for cotton? Look a little closer...Maybe you should sleep on it, hm?

So u mean that if i bring u some cotton you'll sew a matrass for me? Be my guest. i'll even bring u the needles.Isnt that what sheep r for? for sleeping on?

By the way, make me some underwear while U R at it, Ive been wearing mine for ages now. It's time i got them cleaned.

"and so are we..."

"and neither do we"

~G.W Bush
Báng

Postby Báng » Sun Aug 17, 2003 6:53 pm

You sleep on sheep? Whatever floats your boat mate.
The Hunter

Postby The Hunter » Sun Aug 17, 2003 7:06 pm

Well, Sheep r growing hair allover their bodies. if u remove the sheep from its hair u got a naked sheep and "wool". On Wool it is that i sleep on... I dont want to know what they do with the sheep... ;-)

As to what floats my boat? Well, Archimedes's law I Guess? lol.
Last edited by The Hunter on Mon Aug 18, 2003 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"and so are we..."

"and neither do we"

~G.W Bush
Báng

Postby Báng » Sun Aug 17, 2003 7:10 pm

Good one.................... :P

Return to “General Discussion”