Building Destruction

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Kyriel

Re: Building Destruction

Postby Kyriel » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:43 pm

I swear if they are able to, one of my characters might just snap and go on a crusade against mud huts...
Marian

Postby Marian » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:51 pm

Kyriel wrote:I swear if they are able to, one of my characters might just snap and go on a crusade against mud huts...

I've always felt that mud/grass/bone huts ought to fall apart pretty quickly on their own anyhow.

But the clutter in some towns amazes me. And I'm curious, historically speaking, at what point did people start getting more common sense about just using apartments instead of letting every dating couple throw up a huge building big enough to house thirty people in the front room alone, right in the middle of town?
Shedevil

Postby Shedevil » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:32 pm

I have one town in particular that only gave out apartments, that the citizens had to build themselves as it was a new idea. Had interest until the town itself started it's decline into the state it's in now. Only the town leaders and citizens who had lived there before the apartment complex was introduced have homes of their own. Makes no sense to build huge halls on white sandy beaches, right? ;)
Oh look, another glorious morning… makes me SICK!
viktor

Postby viktor » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:38 pm

10 pages a bit much for me to read through :lol: but I wanted to add my voice

I love the idea of finally being able to tear down room/buildings the thing is.. I feel it is best to have to remove everything from inside FIRST, buildings, people, notes, furniture machines locks, truly everything like as though you just finished building it...
this way an extensively built complex has to be removed deepest rooms first.

I feel this is the only true way to do this for a game like cantr. having to remove absolutely everything beforehand, removes all complaints about it being unfair. it's hard to complain about having to remove everything considering at this stage we can't tear down a building period so I really want to express the point of only dismantling something 100% empty just like when we want to dismantle a bike or unsaddle a horse. absolutely cleaned out first.

the only question remaining really.. is what happens to the rooms/buildings around it after it is gone?
if you take out room 3 does room 4 become room 3 , if not what if another room is built after
same with buildings outside.
again I really think if you take out say building 3.. that building 4 should be the new 3 as well as all higher numbered buildings reducing by 1 and let new structures be built like normal, at the end of the list.

I really have a hard time seeing it working best any other way.

Return to “General Discussion”