Thinking about quitting.....

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Rmak

Re: Thinking about quitting.....

Postby Rmak » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:44 pm

FiziKx wrote:I'm out. I've had enough of all of this. I have to wait for this unsubscribe timer thing to pass though because I didn't realize I could disable it, so that is annoying. I wish I could be out officially right this very moment. I am quite positive that I will never be returning, too, so yeah. Enjoy what is left of the game, everyone who still finds fun in it.

Shame Fizi but hopefully this means you have more free time
Quote Wolfsong:
They aren't playing children; they are playing mentally ill people.

:twisted: :roll: :lol: 8) :twisted:
Mitch79

Postby Mitch79 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:49 pm

I am not giving up yet. But I am dropping several characters. I believe my real life stress level has been definitely affecting my in game play.
Crownless

Postby Crownless » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:59 pm

Kyriel wrote:Last person out of Cantr, please turn out the lights.

I'm out too. Ciao!
Coloro che vincono, in qualunque modo vincono, mai non ne riportano vergogna.
Passcall

Postby Passcall » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:09 am

I'm out too!

The CR is so important that a lack of community and a negative vibe around the forums is justified. The fact that it is not allowed to ask who is the player of a char was for me a big push into the quit-camp. I think the "I Am ..." topic is next to be closed, because you can hint who you are and that is not allowed. It is ironic to see how this game is so extremely strict on the Capital Rule, while there are so little players. It is ironic because I think a big share of people are quitting because of the negative vibe that is created by the strict capital rule and the way the PD enacts it (especially round the 5000's, when some of the best players of the game resigned and a lot of significantly important characters died at once).
Rmak

Postby Rmak » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:42 am

Shame.

Who will eat the cookies now ?
Quote Wolfsong:

sherman
Public Relations Chair/Translator-Finnish (PR)

Postby sherman » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:17 am

That's sad to hear but you got a point sadly. I think new rules are coming but.. question is when... We really need to keep existing players on our game
Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
-Erwin Rommel-
Passcall

Postby Passcall » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:13 pm

Rmak wrote:Shame.

Who will eat the cookies now ?

My beloved friend has not had cookies in a long time, he was more into collecting stories the last years :P

sherman wrote:That's sad to hear but you got a point sadly. I think new rules are coming but.. question is when... We really need to keep existing players on our game

Yepp, but they have to hurry because numbers are decreasing!

I will post a dead character thingy in 4 days or so, CR and such :-)
Millhouse

Postby Millhouse » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:33 pm

I'm cutting down to just a few characters to see how that goes. Most of the ones I'm cutting are loners but apologies ahead of time to those around the ones that aren't.
Shedevil

Postby Shedevil » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:46 pm

I've decided for the moment to just slowly cut back on how many I play. I think part of the reason I was getting so bored playing besides all my issues in RL was because I was stretched across so many different characters that I couldn't keep up with ones who actually had busy lives. Reading each busy town became mundane and I just stopped. I'm sure I missed so much for that reason alone. So for those who know some of my recently passed I'm sorry, but shortly a few more will certainly follow. Just a matter of time until I figure out whose story is coming to a close.
Oh look, another glorious morning… makes me SICK!
pulkownikarnold

Postby pulkownikarnold » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:03 am

Passcall wrote:I'm out too!

I think the "I Am ..." topic is next to be closed, because you can hint who you are and that is not allowed.

Wait, what?

Since when that's forbidden? There is a full thread on the Polish subforum where people can publictly say which characters are their. Are we playing two different games?
Joshuamonkey
Owner/GAB Chair/HR Chair/ProgD

Postby Joshuamonkey » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:01 am

Saying who you are isn't forbidden (though it's something you have to be careful with). The thread was taken down because of indirect problems it was causing.
Joshuamonkey's Blog
http://doryiskom.myminicity.com/
https://writealyze.com
"Don't be afraid to be different, but be as good as you can be." - President James E. Faust
I'm LDS, play the cello, and run.
Wolfsong

Postby Wolfsong » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:05 am

Wasn't that exactly why the other thread was taken down? And people were warned against "dropping hints" about characters they played. Right? I can't find the exact post, but I'm pretty sure that was the reasoning given.
Rmak

Postby Rmak » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:16 am

Yep.
Quote Wolfsong:

Passcall

Postby Passcall » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:13 am

Joshuamonkey wrote:Saying who you are isn't forbidden (though it's something you have to be careful with). The thread was taken down because of indirect problems it was causing.

But because you closed the thread and it is not allowed to start a new one, it is kinda forbidden. The indirect problems were caused because people told who they were. in my view, by closing down the thread, you are just transporting this problem. Now, people need to be a bit more creative to find each other. This is exactly the kind of thing that does not help the game, but only annoys your players.
sherman
Public Relations Chair/Translator-Finnish (PR)

Postby sherman » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:25 am

Have to honestly say that if people want to play with their friends and organize stuff, they can do that easily with modern technology. We got Whatsapp, facebook, twitter, skype.. All sorts of ways to communicate outside the game. This is of course against rules but I just want to point out that rules maybe worked in 2004 when internet was fairly new thing but things have changed. I understand why that thread was closed but our game really needs to keep players and having community is part of that. And really, nowdays must people seem to like to socialize with people
Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
-Erwin Rommel-

Return to “General Discussion”