Thinking about quitting.....

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

SekoETC

Re: Thinking about quitting.....

Postby SekoETC » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:33 am

It would be an accomplishment for me if I could go even one day without checking Cantr. Last I did that years ago when I was in the States and too busy to get on a computer. This morning I checked the forums and my email, then I noticed that CantrSpy says you have 11 characters lit up, and I realized I hadn't checked it yet like I normally do.
Not-so-sad panda
Mitch79

Postby Mitch79 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:49 am

I have noticed that I am not logging in like I used to as well. I know I considered quitting before, but I was still pretty active. As it is right now I don't find myself wanting to log in to check the game these days very often. And when I do it's a few older characters I bother with. I fear I may be getting close to breaking off from the game myself.
Undine

Postby Undine » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:48 pm

It seems like I've been debating hitting the X for the past week or so. When I first started playing, the game was full of amazing, dynamic, -alive- characters. And now, many of the players that I depended on for immersive roleplay are gone. Of course, there /are/ excellent players still in the game, but it just doesn't feel as magical anymore. The only thing keeping me from leaving is a single one of my characters that's involved in something. Who knows, maybe I'll just try to pass on their torch and then I'll go.
MonkeyPants4736

Postby MonkeyPants4736 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:38 pm

:(
Rmak

Postby Rmak » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:34 am

Yes it would be a shame to see you go.
Quote Wolfsong:
They aren't playing children; they are playing mentally ill people.

:twisted: :roll: :lol: 8) :twisted:
Genie
LO - Turkish/RD - Tailor

Postby Genie » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:26 am

You can never know when will your chars have different experiences and what will happen in the future. Several of mine did nothing for long time, they stayed alive because people fed them. I killed some hastily while they had potential and the ones I spawned in their places aren't any better than them, but life goes on. Cantr has wide possibilities. You can try having some changes or just let them sleep in a safety place, letting some violent chars kill them and making some players appreciate your not having attachments with your chars is another option. :wink:
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
Edgar Allan Poe
Crownless

Postby Crownless » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:55 am

Due to the Players Department, due to behaviour I am probably not 'allowed' to talk about. I will decide in the next few days if I'll hit the X.
Coloro che vincono, in qualunque modo vincono, mai non ne riportano vergogna.
Alutka

Postby Alutka » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:00 am

Huh, at least it seems that the PD is having fun... I pretty much resigned as well, I decided to keep just two chars of mine, and to be honest I am not even sure if it is worth it.
“Man sacrifices his health in order to make money.
Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. He is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”
Millhouse

Postby Millhouse » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:40 pm

I have been mulling over pushing the X for a couple of weeks. Depending on how the next few days play out, it might happen sooner rather than later.
sherman
Public Relations Chair/Translator-Finnish (PR)

Postby sherman » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:10 pm

So many again? That's so sad but if game isn't fun then you shall not play it
Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
-Erwin Rommel-
FiziKx

Postby FiziKx » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:20 pm

I might be signing off for good as well due to... reasons. I just don't have a desire to play the few remaining characters that I have anymore.
http://arcanot.myminicity.com/
http://fizikx.mybrute.com

Wolfsong

Postby Wolfsong » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:32 am

The game has been pretty quiet lately. I've gone almost 2 RL days without a single character lighting up.
Carrot Lord

Postby Carrot Lord » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:13 pm

I'm only keeping mine alive because I grow attached too easily. Otherwise it feels like a burden or a chore to log in nowadays.
You say: "*dramatically falls on the cot, curling up and screeching* *what is it doing is it crying what*"
destinysWalrus

Postby destinysWalrus » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:31 am

Not thinking of actually quitting, I still do enjoy the game overall too much to do that yet, but I begin to understand the sentiments of the people in this thread. One of my previously favorite characters, who I still had plans for, has become no longer fun to play. And yet I don't want to let go of her because I still have a bunch of plans and ideas for what I wanted to do with her. I'm conflicted, at best, but... I don't know how much longer I can keep her awake.
LittleSoul

Postby LittleSoul » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:32 pm

I'm also cutting down to about two or three. I made too many ambitious characters and just don't have time for them all, but I'm not quitting.

Return to “General Discussion”