Thinking about quitting.....

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Millhouse

Re: Thinking about quitting.....

Postby Millhouse » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:20 pm

It sounds good on paper but... well let's just say a lot of things sound good until you actually try doing them in game. It's just hard to be optimistic.
Vanya

Postby Vanya » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:24 am

Millhouse wrote:It sounds good on paper but... well let's just say a lot of things sound good until you actually try doing them in game. It's just hard to be optimistic.

Oh, Millhouse MANASTORM. I was waiting for you. Actually because I love that name XD.

Well... you are right. But that makes a game interesting. Its difficulty. At least for me.
viktor

Postby viktor » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:20 am

recent changes have had a serious effect on half my characters, in a serious and very negative way. this game just got really hard to play period in many cases.... not in the "oh it's nice to have a challenge" way, but in the "^@#$%!^%# kill em off or what?!?!?!?" kinda way
BosBaBe

Postby BosBaBe » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:07 am

Vanya wrote:
BosBaBe wrote:I have quit before. And I'm seriously considering doing it again.
I just have a few characters really important, who are relied on... I don't know what to do. Recent wvents have just been too much though so even with how imporant they are, I've lost passion.
It doesn't help that the game Arx (someone introduced it to me on here, it's so wonderful) feels so much more welcoming.

No ofense intended but... For me, thats an inability for thinking out of the box. Come on!! Its a great oportunity to make something great!! No matter what, the communication CANT be so important. Or at least the radio communication.

You can always send a messenger and thrill till the messenger comes back. You can always rp about the global event. There is an entire industry that can be created behind this, and move some serious and interesting gears. Its not the death of communication, but a door that closes and forces people to move their butts and try to do something else, instead of stay there, sitting and using a radio.

You assume I'm talking about the radio. Sure it's a huge mess and I don't like the change, and think it's pretty awful we weren't consulted about this, but a lot of things are rubbing me the wrong way.
sherman
Public Relations Chair/Translator-Finnish (PR)

Postby sherman » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:11 am

It's true game needs major overhaul due certain issues it has and that doing so will also piss many people because we all are already used to use certain things like radio. So I think change was needed however... We would need more PR between players and staff
Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
-Erwin Rommel-
Vanya

Postby Vanya » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:17 pm

BosBaBe wrote:
Vanya wrote:
BosBaBe wrote:I have quit before. And I'm seriously considering doing it again.
I just have a few characters really important, who are relied on... I don't know what to do. Recent wvents have just been too much though so even with how imporant they are, I've lost passion.
It doesn't help that the game Arx (someone introduced it to me on here, it's so wonderful) feels so much more welcoming.

No ofense intended but... For me, thats an inability for thinking out of the box. Come on!! Its a great oportunity to make something great!! No matter what, the communication CANT be so important. Or at least the radio communication.

You can always send a messenger and thrill till the messenger comes back. You can always rp about the global event. There is an entire industry that can be created behind this, and move some serious and interesting gears. Its not the death of communication, but a door that closes and forces people to move their butts and try to do something else, instead of stay there, sitting and using a radio.

You assume I'm talking about the radio. Sure it's a huge mess and I don't like the change, and think it's pretty awful we weren't consulted about this, but a lot of things are rubbing me the wrong way.

And why don´t you come to the IRC channels and discuss it? Some players and I, as an example, are trying to resurrect the EZ, starting by its community. And pretty much we had a little success, starting to meet regularly in the EZ´s irc channel. And not just that!! We are also summoning, recalling, trying to make some old players to come back to the game and to the forums.

As a married woman I can say you something: Not talking about issues turns into an issue itself, and that makes the other issues grow bigger.
So... If you have something to say, say it. Here, or in an irc channel. Just go and say it. Discuss it. And with that I mean... Really discuss it. Make a group, express all of you your opinions.
If you ask me, I ve only saw 4, maybe 5, players saying something and setting their positions about this change. Where is the rest of the players?
Go out there and organize it. Silence is always taken as aceptance... Or just non existence.
Rmak

Postby Rmak » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:45 pm

How do you resurrect the Ez in irc ?
Quote Wolfsong:
They aren't playing children; they are playing mentally ill people.

:twisted: :roll: :lol: 8) :twisted:
Vanya

Postby Vanya » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:49 pm

Rmak wrote:How do you resurrect the Ez in irc ?

By EZ I mean "Español Zone" (*shrugs*... Thats how some mods and admins called it on irc...). "Spanish Zone" in english. Because... Spanish. Its the language I speak naturally :b.

So we are meeting in our own channel there (#cantr_hispano), and we are trying to make other people come there. Our language zone is in a clear decadence and going through a really bad time. Together, maybe, we can fight that and return our language group to some of its old glories.
sherman
Public Relations Chair/Translator-Finnish (PR)

Postby sherman » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:03 pm

Now if we only get the same in English Zone..
Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
-Erwin Rommel-
Wolfsong

Postby Wolfsong » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:08 pm

What, talking out of character and organising for your friends to come back and play with you?
Vanya

Postby Vanya » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:57 pm

Wolfsong wrote:What, talking out of character and organising for your friends to come back and play with you?

Nope. Or at least not precisely that, or not just that. In irc we talk about everything. Example: I pushed for 2 days the phrase "Sauron is a good guy" XD.
We discuss about Cantr, about the weather, about other games, about life... Just what the forum used to be for, but live. So you can know better other players in a live experience, and not just through posts.

If you ask me, its a really nice experience, and I would recommend it to everyone.
Mitch79

Postby Mitch79 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:52 pm

So I figured out that my list is way too long with all the real life matters going on with me right now. I find it difficult to even get in and play these days. I think my long list of charaters is probably a lot to do with that. I have decided I am not quitting the game. (Yes it was considered for a long while). But unfortunately I will be cutting my list down to the 5 characters that I actually do play or still have an interest in. I apologize to all the others that will be missing my other characters but unfortunately due to real life getting in the way, this is what I have to do.
Alladinsane

Postby Alladinsane » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:25 pm

This is not an attack on anyone, if you think it is you... then it probably is.

A famous wise man once said absolutely nothing!
MattWithoos

Postby MattWithoos » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:48 pm

:lol:
Mafia Salad

Postby Mafia Salad » Sun May 07, 2017 12:00 am

I'm going to be ducking out in the next few days. I've taken on some of the preaching responsibilities at my church which takes a lot of time and thought, and the busy season at work is in full force. I've only really kept up with one easy to play reactionary character since March anyhow.

I haven't the creative energy to spare to push my characters forward and I'd prefer to play them out with a touch of flavor instead of leaving sleepy bodies to feed until November or whenever I'll have time to really play again. Real life takes priority.
Fortune Cookie Says:
You should consider a career change, you'd make an excellent doormat.

[quote]1441-7: You skillfully kill a racoon using a broom.[/quote]

Return to “General Discussion”