Thinking about quitting.....

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Jaxon

Re: Thinking about quitting.....

Postby Jaxon » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:56 am

The players for years have asked for change and have spoken with hitting their X's. I stopped logging in due to boredom and when I finally logged in after 5 days, I realized not one interesting thing occurred while I was gone.

Something needs to be done to wake this game up, or it will continue to fall ever more asleep. I've been wondering whether this slow burn out is intentional. Cantr over the years may be viewed as more of an obligation than a game, especially to those heavily invested.
Genie
LO - Turkish/RD - Tailor

Postby Genie » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:26 pm

Strangely I notice some sleeper chars live very long time, but the ones die from the heart attack are very often belong to good players with popular characters.
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
Edgar Allan Poe
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:10 pm

Honestly, I'd rather more people had the decency to quit instead of just lingering about for years and turning their characters trivial. I remember it happened to a lot of old player's characters in the past like Oasis and Sunni Daez. They hung around so long without playing that people were bitter their characters were sleeping on keys. When my characters die, I want people to go "Oh no, X was so amazing, I'm so sad they're gone, I thought they'd be here forever", instead of "It's about bloody time they kicked the bucket".
Not-so-sad panda
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:42 pm

In my case it was the need to still log in now and then to manage my responsibilities, though I quit playing my chars. So they were sleeping for a long time.
Shedevil

Postby Shedevil » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:59 am

With all of the health issues and cancer scare I've had over the past few months I've steadily lost interest in playing. I try to keep some active but even then I only remember to even check on the green world every couple of days or so.
That being said I have a few loose ends to tie up in game but after that I do think it's the X for me.
Oh look, another glorious morning… makes me SICK!
sherman
Public Relations Chair/Translator-Finnish (PR)

Postby sherman » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:10 am

Games are supposed to be for fun and such things like that will surely kill interest to play :/ I do hope you will get better soon and health issues will go away.

In any case you have some great chars and it's been nice to have you here ^^
Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
-Erwin Rommel-
Alladinsane

Postby Alladinsane » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:02 pm

Forget the game SheDevil; please get well in the way you and the professionals you place your trust in, think is best.

Sometimes we just need a little break to take care of the things that matter most.

Love and prayers are being sent your way,
Never discount the power of either.
A famous wise man once said absolutely nothing!
Genie
LO - Turkish/RD - Tailor

Postby Genie » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:38 pm

Get well soon and come back to us in a better form. I'll send good vibes to your way.
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
Edgar Allan Poe
Wolfsong

Postby Wolfsong » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:17 am

Going into caretaker mode, killing off all but about 4 characters. Maybe 3.
Mitch79

Postby Mitch79 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:42 am

After tonight, so much closer, if not already there. Apologies if my characters start randomly dropping like flies.
FiziKx

Postby FiziKx » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:46 pm

I'm out. I've had enough of all of this. I have to wait for this unsubscribe timer thing to pass though because I didn't realize I could disable it, so that is annoying. I wish I could be out officially right this very moment. I am quite positive that I will never be returning, too, so yeah. Enjoy what is left of the game, everyone who still finds fun in it.
http://arcanot.myminicity.com/
http://fizikx.mybrute.com

Kyriel

Postby Kyriel » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:02 pm

Last person out of Cantr, please turn out the lights.
Joshuamonkey
Owner/GAB Chair/HR Chair/ProgD

Postby Joshuamonkey » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:42 pm

It's okay. My fire never goes out.
I would be sorry to see you go though.
Joshuamonkey's Blog
http://doryiskom.myminicity.com/
https://writealyze.com
"Don't be afraid to be different, but be as good as you can be." - President James E. Faust
I'm LDS, play the cello, and run.
nateflory

Postby nateflory » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:47 pm

Joshuamonkey wrote:It's okay. My fire never goes out.
I would be sorry to see you go though.

But even if no one is in town, the Lights are always in the Lighthouses. True-true! :)
(some of us, I imagine will stay forever, until the servers melt when the sun expands to red giant stage though...) :P
---------------------------------
"Nature may reach the same result in many ways." - Nikola Tesla
"Dare to be naïve". - "Unity is plural and, at minimum, is two." - Bucky Fuller
Marian

Postby Marian » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:02 pm

FiziKx wrote:I'm out. I've had enough of all of this. I have to wait for this unsubscribe timer thing to pass though because I didn't realize I could disable it, so that is annoying. I wish I could be out officially right this very moment. I am quite positive that I will never be returning, too, so yeah. Enjoy what is left of the game, everyone who still finds fun in it.

Sorry to hear that Fizi. :( Basically the same thing I told wiro after he quit though, you're a creative and talented person and as much of a blow for the game world this is, there's better ways to spend your time and love and energy aside from holding a tiny webgame's hand for its last dying gasps. (Or snorting lines of coke off its stiffening corpse, whichever... :wink: ) Sometimes you just have to pull the plug. I know with the green out of your system you'll get out there and make things that will last, and I wish you the very best.

Amazing though, thinking back on just the last...year? Less than a year, really. How many wonderfully and creatively RPed characters have been lost to the world forever. It's got to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 30, and that's just the really high profile ones I can think of, or the ones that got forum mentions. Realistically more like double or triple that number, plus all the quieter side characters any players quitting or scaling back would've had that are sometimes the most necessary for running a town.

I guess that's just the direction things have been heading in for awhile, but it really does seem like being immersed in the RP and loving the game too much is in itself a death sentence. We used to have a bit of a revolving door thing going on in this community, but when people quit lately it always seems like in a 'had enough and never coming back' kind of way. :(

Anyway, don't know if you'll see this, but I guess I'll PM you on the Epoch board. (I've been told the Cantr reddit is a good place for ex players to hang out too, but it seemed pretty dead last I checked so idk.) And to those of you with PMs sitting in my inbox, I'm sorry! :oops: I really only check the site once a month or so now. :D I'll get some responses out ASAP, but my data's out for the month and wifi isn't being too cooperative right now...

Return to “General Discussion”