Game changes - Announcements

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Greek
Programming Dept. Member/Translator-Polish

Re: GAME IS UNAVAILABLE

Postby Greek » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:10 am

It's no longer possible to immediately cancel new lock picking projects. It was exploited by creating lock picking projects for own buildings and canceling it when attackers make progress in the project. Now lock picking can be canceled after 20 days. If you have accidentally created such project and want it deleted faster - contact support.
‘Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! You think we should try to get a decent mail service in the city. I think we should try to send letters anywhere in the world! Because if we fail, I’d rather fail really hugely’
Greek

Re: Game changes - Announcements

Postby Greek » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:31 am

Today we've implemented CSS skin system.
What's that?
Until now it was impossible to change Cantr appearance (unless you used some external plugins). Now it's possible to select one of available skins on the settings -> interface page. Currently there are three skins available: classic (default), green (more green than classic), gray (useful when you play Cantr at work ;)). You can also create YOUR OWN skin by pasting own css code to "custom skin" text area. If you don't know how to do it then better leave box unchecked.
Above skins list there are three new options. The second one is: Force classic skin for reading notes. I recommend to have it always enabled, because all notes in the game were created to work with classic skin. The option automatically switches skin to classic when reading/editing a note. Using another skin with that option disabled can make notes hard to read (of course it can't damage original content).

General rule is: all notes MUST be written to work with the classic skin. It's not required to have them work for different ones.
If you don't disable recommended option then you don't have to worry about it.
‘Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! You think we should try to get a decent mail service in the city. I think we should try to send letters anywhere in the world! Because if we fail, I’d rather fail really hugely’
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:18 am

We have three (or four) new object types. Stone and marble sacrophagi are indoor containers which can hold up to 64 kilograms, so you can store a body inside. Just a reminder: bodies stored in containers don't lose weight. Third item is obsidian spear, useful especially for hunting. Fourth is a semi-finished product: obsidian spear head.

More details here:
http://wiki.cantr.net/index.php/Obsidian_spear
http://wiki.cantr.net/index.php/Stone_sarcophagus
http://wiki.cantr.net/index.php/Marble_sarcophagus
Greek

Postby Greek » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:38 pm

Objects and inventory pages should now work a bit faster. Please report us if anything works wrong.
Theda
Administrator Emeritus/PD/Personnel Officer

Postby Theda » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:31 pm

I would like to extend a warm welcome to Kendo, our newest GAB member as Chair of the Public Relations Department.

Her experience in this area is impressive and we are all looking forward to work with her in this new phase.

From my part, I just want to thank everyone for your support, your efforts and your work. My experience in the Public Relations Department has been rewarding and exciting and I hope to keep working with everyone in my new career as Chair of the Administrative Support Department.
"Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides."
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am

A clothing item that has been disabled for eons is now available.

http://wiki.cantr.net/index.php/Leather_biker_jacket
Greek

Postby Greek » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:32 pm

Near death state for heavily wounded characters will be soon available in the game. It's not in the game yet, we'll inform you about that in another message.

Details can be read here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24709
Greek

Postby Greek » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:50 am

Near death state is there!
Feel free to test it ;) and report anything strange AS SOON AS POSSIBLE to give us possibility to fix it.
But first make sure it's a bug, not a feature. Details can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24709
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:08 pm

Six new poisons are now live on the apothecary table. They'll be added to the wiki soon.

Poisons that cause damage to rise to 100% will send your character into the near-death state at the die tick.
Poisons that cause hunger to rise to 100% will cause your characters to starve to death at the die tick (no NDS!)
Poisons that cause fatigue are not fatal.

Enjoy!
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:16 am

Check out this wiki page for a more detailed explanation of poisons http://wiki.cantr.net/index.php/Poison .
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:11 pm

Energy restoratives have been reinstated, albeit at much lower levels.
Milk can now be eaten.
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:16 pm

All hostility values for animals have now been assigned. Enjoy.
Greek

Postby Greek » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:36 pm

Animals domestication is there! It's already possible to build troughs, haystacks and tools used for maintaining animals. Twenty four animal types will become domesticable in a matter of minutes. Details can be read there: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24808
System is very complicated, so be ready for bugs and other stuff.
And remember: Not all domesticated animals are the same, and some animals are not profitable for some raws. Spend time and resources domesticating them at your own risk.
Pilot
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Pilot » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:58 am

New jewelry item http://wiki.cantr.net/index.php/Pearl_drop_earrings

Special thanks to Sanchez for the english grammar construction. Enjoy! :)
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:17 am

Radio equipment will soon be able to be disassembled. Secure your radios if you don't want someone to walk off with them.

Return to “General Discussion”