Game changes - Announcements

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Greek
Programming Dept. Member/Translator-Polish

Re: Game changes - Announcements

Postby Greek » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:19 am

Soon we will have change in repair system. It doesn't touch requirements or time needed, but changes one aspect which will make object descriptions and project canceling possible.
You'll notice that repaired object doesn't disappear, it still is in your inventory. It means it can still be used. To make progress of repair project, this object must be near (on the ground in the same location or in inventory of character in the same location). It will finally be possible to cancel repair project to get partial result (if repaired object is near).
It won't affect current repair projects and they will be marked to distinguish old and new ones.
‘Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! You think we should try to get a decent mail service in the city. I think we should try to send letters anywhere in the world! Because if we fail, I’d rather fail really hugely’
Greek

Postby Greek » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:32 pm

We had short game lock to make a few things:
1. Repair system change. It was described in previous announcement. Old repair projects are called as "Old" or have three stars *** to indicate they are using old system.
2. Ticks and X-es on projects page. They inform you if you have proper tools to take part in the project. For repaired tools they inform if tool is near. It's still possible to join such project, but no progress will be made. Temporarily it doesn't work for adopting and slaughtering projects, because it need some additional changes.
3. Infinite projects on flowerpot bug should be now fixed.

Yes, we see these lags, but there's nothing we can do, at least for now :(

EDIT: Ah, I forgot to say. It's possible to tame pigs and wild boars.
‘Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! You think we should try to get a decent mail service in the city. I think we should try to send letters anywhere in the world! Because if we fail, I’d rather fail really hugely’
Greek

Postby Greek » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:14 pm

As a result of suggestion accepted on game forums, lighthouses will require fuel to work. It's cheap and main purpose is to turn off ligthouses in towns abandoned long ago. To make lighthouse work, you have to go inside and start a project on object (at least currently) called Light. Lighthouse will begin to work one hour after fulfilling project requirements. Lighthouse will still be visible if you are near enough (when it's possible to see its name) even if it's not lit. Change will happen in the following hours.

EDIT: It's implemented.
Pilot
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Pilot » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:22 am

New obsidian and jade items added to the game:

fancy obsidian pendant
obsidian ear spikes
obsidian bead necklace
carved jade pendant

EDIT: Wiki updates
http://wiki.cantr.net/index.php/Fancy_obsidian_pendant
http://wiki.cantr.net/index.php/Obsidian_ear_spikes
http://wiki.cantr.net/index.php/Obsidian_bead_necklace
http://wiki.cantr.net/index.php/Carved_jade_pendant
Greek

Postby Greek » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:25 pm

Today we had short game lock in order to make changes to the travel system.
They are required to introduce animal mounts in the future and the only visible change is possiblity of matching speed to somebody else when driving a vehicle. Please report any bug you encounter to us.
Greek

Postby Greek » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:11 pm

There was long persisting bug which made autorefresh on events page for some chars impossible. Now it should be fixed. Please report us if you still have any of such problems.
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:14 pm

We are now up and running on the new server!

You should notice a lot less lags, especially on the inventory and object pages of cluttered chars or places.

Please report anything out of the ordinary as soon as possible. Thanks!
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:49 pm

The new server runs on the UTC timezone which is one hour less than the time the old server ran on. This means that server "ticks" will happen one hour later than they used to. Read more about UTC here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coordinated_Universal_Time
Greek

Postby Greek » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:47 pm

Hello. Today I've made a small fix to 'Talk to all' ajax script.
Now, in case of any error which made speaking attempt unsuccessful, you'll be able to retrieve last typed message. To do it, press [escape] when the text field is active and empty.
Note: Don't refresh the page until you have your text back.

In addition, I've changed event auto refresh interval to 3 seconds.
If you don't see any of these changes, press ctrl+r when being on events page. Please report any problems concerning the changes on General Support forum.
Greek

Postby Greek » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:08 pm

Hello,
We are aware of existence of a bug, which sometimes allowed to use more resource gathering slots than available. Furthermore, this bug is already fixed.
In some locations, number of used slots may still exceed the limit, but I've decided to not touch that, as I don't know who should be removed from participation of resource gathering projects.
I believe that everything will soon be back to normal.

By the way I'd like to inform that we have some new clothes in the game: simple hemp shirt, simple hemp pants, cotton loin cloth, long cotton loin cloth, cotton pirong.
They are meant especially for not wealthy characters and all are developed by Seko.
Greek

Postby Greek » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:44 pm

Hello.
Be prepared for a short game lock between 19:50 and 20:00 UTC. (in 10-20 minutes).

We'll make some animal system changes, so please look on your domesticated animals when game will be unlocked again and report any bugs immediately.
Greek

Postby Greek » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:18 pm

Hello.
We made a really big change which affects normal walking between buildings/vehicles in a location. In fact, it changes almost nothing, so please report any strange behaviour immediately.
As a result, the only visible change will be possibility of moving between buildings without canceling participation in a project. It will be done automatically when you leave a location.

Thanks for your patience.
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:26 am

In case you didn't know...

It is now possible to add resources from the ground directly on a project. I'm not sure if this was announced in some other way, but personally I love it, and use it a lot.
Greek

Postby Greek » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:22 am

Now dragging system is in the game now.

1. It's possible to drag parts of piles.
2. It's required to be in dragging's initial or final location to participate in dragging.
3. It's required to be in victim's initial location to start dragging.

These changes were just refactoring to keep the same functionality with new code.

Be prepared for much more changes, because there are many good accepted dragging suggestions, which were impossible to implement in the past.
Greek

Postby Greek » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:35 pm

(probably) Today there will be a game lock to introduce javascript improvements of objects&inventory pages.
It will affect: taking, dropping, giving, dragging, using raws for a project, repairing.

They are fully optional and can be turned off on interface settings page.
Please note there's also an option of turning off javascript elements for mobile devices, because I'm pretty sure this new stuff won't work on, for example, opera mini.
It's important to know that these changes are just to make object manipulation faster. Javascript won't automatically synchronize changes on object pages done by other characters. To see them, you still have to refresh the page.

Why amount area is visible not only for resources? It's not a bug, it's a feature. Amount input is automatically focused, so you can easily confirm action by hitting ENTER.

Short tutorial - how to make life easier:
1. dragging and taking
Clicking "drop" results in immediately dropping an item. For resources it shows menu where you can insert amount to drop.
Clicking "drop" or "take" when CTRL key is pressed immediately drops or takes maximum possible amount.
Important - character inventory weight is not synchronized with the server, just estimated from performed actions. If somebody gives us something heavy then objects page won't notice it and will inform us that we can carry more than real space left. To make information up-to-date you have to refresh the page.

2. giving and dragging
Clicking on the button shows menu with list of near locations or people. If you give many objects, one after another, then last receiver is selected automatically. Same for dragging.
Giving can be even faster. You can give one item to other character, then click "give" button with CTRL pressed, it will give maximum available amount of object to the last receiver.
Last receiver/dragging goal is stored until you leave/refresh the page.

3. storing objects
Works both on inventory and objects page. It shows the list of storages. You can see how much space is left and its description. Containers with custom description will have an asterisk "*" at the end of the name. There will be a tooltip when you hover it. Well, at least on most of browsers... :P I know some browsers don't support tooltips for dropdown menus. Please report if you use one of them, so I'll learn how serious the issue is. If it is then I'll look for more universal solution.
Picture: (partially in Polish, but I hope it's clear)

4. using raws for a project
Works both on inventory and objects page. Shows a list of projects for which you can add resource and amount needed. Currently works only for resources, but I'm going to expand it later.

5. repair
It's possible to start repair projects quickly.
Clicking on repair button shows menu which asks for repair time. Clicking the button with CTRL pressed will lead to starting repair with as many hours as possible.

Return to “General Discussion”