Funny or Interesting notes

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Marian

Re: Funny or Interesting notes

Postby Marian » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:34 am

Reading various really, really old notes, my characters and I both have gotten the impression that every third person back in the day was some kind of deranged powertripping psychopath.

There definitely was a different environment back in the day, with game mechanics that I suspect led to people being more casual about murder...I have theories too that a lot of it was colored by OOC reasons, bringing in lots of expectations and ideas about societies in the real world instead of developing them in a way that made sense for the Cantr one, but that may be opening a can of worms there.
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:24 am

Someone help me drag Marian please.
Read about my characters by following this link.
Marian

Postby Marian » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:49 pm

It was policy in a lot of places to murder sleepers and anyone who took more than a few days to introduce themselves. That is dumb and bad for your town, just like murdering people who gather something without permission.

And you can try to drag me if you want but I'm already dragging myself toward another thread.

Bah, fine, I'll go dig around for a funny note...
Marian

Postby Marian » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:29 pm

Someone found this in a library:

In my travels, one thing I`ve found is that your average person is shockingly
ignorant of the dangers posed by the world around them. In an effort to promote
safety through better awareness, I`ve prepared a short list of the various common
diseases and their causes.

1.) Animals, besides being violent and physically dangerous, secrete a toxic chemical
in their saliva that with enough exposure to the human bloodstream can shut down the
brain -- sometimes temporarily, sometimes permanently -- and cause one of the more
common strains of the sleeping-sickness. (This is a hunting technique that then
allows the animal to attack their unconscious prey at leisure, by preventing the
effected person from fighting back or seekign shelter.) Even animals that don`t
typically attack with their teeth can be a danger, as they often lick their paws or
hooves to spread the chemical.

2.) Bits of loose fur and dander, as well as dust and other small particles that
wind, animals, and even people constantly stir up when they move around, often
results in a persistant allergic reaction called the sneezing-sickness. In itself
this sickness can usually do nothing more than make a person exceptionally weary, but
it should never be taken lightly, because it spreads so quickly among a population
(as one person expells the offending particles and they are breathed in by another),
and many times isn`t just caused by innocent dust, but is actually a very mild form
or even a precursor of a much more dangerous disease, the spore-sickness.

3.) There are tiny invisible spores in the ground and in the air all around us. These
spores come from ungathered plants, trees, even wood and stone, and under the right
conditions make more resources, explaining why they never run out. There is
some evidence that animals and even newspawns grow from these spores as well!

However, when these spores are stirred up with the dust and activated by sunlight
before they`re ready, they can be breathed in. The most common spores, from resources
like stone and coal, are so unlike us that except in extreme cases they are simply
breathed out again. The spores from humans are identical to the makeup of our bodies,
and in most cases are easily absorbed. The spores from animals, however, and even
plants and trees, are just similar enough that they are able to latch onto our lungs,
but different enough that our bodies violently reject them, in the process inflaming
the lungs so that they press against the other organs, often causing heart attacks.

If these spores somehow get into the bloodstream and reach the brain, in rare cases
they are able to trigger bouts of madness. Newspawns and those with injuries seem to
be especially susceptible to this.

4.) Another, more common form of madness can result from the unfiltered rays of the
sun quite literally slow-cooking the brain. The most common symptoms of sun-sickness
are irrational, erratic behavior, difficulty speaking clearly, and difficulty
focusing. It is something suffered in varying degrees by a surprisingly large number
of people, but often goes undiagnosed due to its more subtle effects not completely
impairing a victim`s ability to function or causing the violent outbursts that
characterize spore-sickness.

So yes, the world is a frightening, unpredictable place. But perhaps you are asking,
is there anything that we, intelligent beings that we are, can do about all of this?

As most of the problems arise from animals, keeping their populations under strict
control can help, but the real answer is that while we haven`t yet figured out how to
counteract all the evils of the natural world, to a great degree we are able to
manage and avoid them by building our own, superior worlds out of wood and
stone and metal.

A building or enclosed vehicle is something that every person should have in order to
periodically escape harmful exposure to the elements, and of course the more time you
spend inside it the safer you are. If you simply have no choice and for some reason
must be outdoors, it improves your chances a small amount to wear protective
clothing, but even if every inch of your skin is covered, don`t allow yourself to
become complacent! Every moment you are outside is a moment you`re putting yourself
in danger.

-Vola Delva Talpidae

SUDDENLY IT ALL MAKES SENSE
Marian

Postby Marian » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:04 pm

Bottom up.

3468-2.10: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "*a quacking sound can be heard* Quack!!
Quack!!! *wings flapping noise* This is the ghost of Puddle Duck taking over your
radio waves. I just want to say, you are way off about Baaak, those people are so bad
I was just dying to get away from there. Quacka, Quacka!!!! Get it?!!!"

3468-2.09: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "Sounds like to me the young man saw an
opportunity with some risks and decided to take them. Things worked out in his favor,
I'm not gonna rain on his parade. If Baaak has a government it's their job to handle
it. It's not like Baaak would really care about anybody elses problems on the island
if were anybody else. Maybe Baaak should have been more proactive and broken those
ship locks earlier. "

3468-2.09: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "If anyone in baak hills west is
listening please ask Sam to send someone for assistence"

3468-2.08: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "This is Pandora, I'm not in Baaak but I
know the good people there, and for you to suggest that they are just putting up some
kind of crock, shows that you have no respect for their loss or their need of
assistance, so yes you can be blunt all you want but if you don't know the situation
stop making baseless accusations and get off the line."

3468-2.08: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "Why don't you throw yourselves in jail
first and then we'll bring the other guy to keep you company. You can all serve the
same sentence for "stealing" a dead guy's boat. Somebody can come along later to let
you all out, hopefully by then you'll all big prison buddies and can live happily
ever after. *laughter can be heard* "

3468-2.08: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "Can I be blunt? You are asking for
help. But being rude. Very rude. To everyone. If you want help answer proper
questions when asked and do not scream or be rude. "

3468-2.07: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "If you don't know Puddle Duck and you
don't know the situtaion and you're not going to help just shut the hell up "

3468-2.05: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "Sounds like to me you're all taking
boats that didn't originally belong to you as well. People don't break into boats
that they build. Seems like he did no more than the rest of you are currently doing,
claiming some dead person's boat. "

3468-1.32: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "This guy took advantage of a horrible
tragedy. Both Puddle and Jasmin are dead. It would be really helpful to catch this
guy that took advantage of our grief."

3468-1.31: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "This is Vaughn, new smith of Baaak. Has
anybody seen that ship? We're trying to break some locks so we can go after the
guy."

3468-1.31: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "Than don't kill, detain him . If it's a
baaak boat and they have none than he's guilty if not he's free."

3468-1.30: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "Damn it, not Puddle Duck, I liked that
guy."

3468-1.29: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "Then why not answer a single question?
I am not the only one thinking it either clearly. It is not adding up. No town wants
to kill some poor trader or something. "

3468-1.29: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "So much death...Mojo and Payne Nocenti
of Pok Desert West have passed as well. I met Puddle once, and I don't think those
under him would make up lies about a thief, the town of Baaak is a wonderfully nice
place and deserves a better reputation then that"

3468-1.28: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "Puddle Duck of Baaak"

3468-1.28: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "Which Puddle?"

3468-1.28: You say into radio Extended Range Radio Transmitter at freq. 100: "Which
Puddle?"

3468-1.27: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "P p puddle dead ! Noo! It can't be !"

3468-1.23: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "Yes Puddle is dead. "

3468-1.23: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "Just somebody that they want dead or to
bring back and lock away for the rest of his life because he had a falling out with
leader. "

3468-1.23: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "Yeah or somebody that left on bad terms
with some of the townspeople for whatever reason, unrelated to any actual crime. "

3468-1.23: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "*a slight tremor in the female voice.*
Is...is Puddle dead?"

3468-1.22: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "Your bet? It's really a long shot... I
think it sounds like a prank! Or an angry ex-girlfriend!"

3468-1.22: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "Well, I suppose this is as good of a
time as any to advertise radio sales. If you don't want to miss a single second of
all this exciting conversation while traveling, visit T&T Automotive for all your
vehicle radio needs! We have full kits ready for installation! Visit either of our
locations in Blojt Forest East or Mirovash!"

3468-1.22: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "My bet is Baaak lost its leaders and
some punk kid ran off with all the keys they were carrying when they died. Including
all the keys to all the boats."

3468-1.22: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "I have been to Baaak, Spirit of Yshl is
a Baaak boat. There were many ships there, and many people when I was there. I ask
for more proof before I will lock any one up."

3468-1.21: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "Does not sound that empty. You are
there arent you. "

3468-1.21: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "Is Baaak one of those towns, then? Is
it one of the abandoned towns with a few inhabitants? Stop acting like you know
everything. "

3468-1.21: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "ARE YOU ALL FUCKING IDIOTS? HOW MANY
PORT TOWNS HAVE YOU BEEN TO? THERE ARE PORT TOWNS ALL OVER THAT ARE COMPLETELY
ABANDONED OR ONLY HAVE A FEW INHABITANTS AND BARELY ANY SHIPS. STOP ASSUMING YOU KNOW
EVERYTHING ABOUT EVERYTHING!!"

3468-1.20: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "And why would you think it's ok to just
"go locking people up"? Where you abused when you were younger and now you've become
a sadist? Yes, that's it isn't it?"

3468-1.20: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "Yea. What did he steal? Why? From whom.
And why in a port town are there no other ships. Or keys for that matter. Something
is not adding up. "

3468-1.20: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "Even if the person is to be detained,
he won't stay that way in my town unless you can bring some solid evidence,
witnesses, whatever that he stole those things. "

3468-1.20: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "Well we also can't go -not- locking
someone up just because -you- say.. So there."

3468-1.19: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "I think better yet, no proof has been
offered to support there is a thief. You can't just yell so and so is on a certain
ship, they are a thief lock them. You need to explain yourself better. We can't just
go around locking up random people because somebody else said so. "

3468-1.19: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "The ship was their only one, they have
no other vehicles."

3468-1.17: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "Baaak? Can you please explain why can't
you follow the thief?"

3468-1.16: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "In these times, not all towns have
unlimited vehicles. Some have been stripped clean. New settlers arrive in a town and
their boat is all they have. It's perfectly reasonable."

3468-1.15: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "Is there anyways we can get more info
on the thief. It just seems. I don't know. Odd. I would think a town would have keys
to smaller ships and what not. And more info. Not just stolen ship help! "

3468-1.15: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "I prefer not to be cursed at on the
radio, especially when I have not done anything deserving to be cursed at for."

3468-1.14: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "Actually I've never heard her say that
once, and whoever is speaking could do well to get off somewhere else"

3468-1.13: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "She speaks what she wants to for
example Fuck That means U"

3468-1.10: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "Oh sorry about that. What language does
Haap speak exactly?"

3468-1.10: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "If you've never heard Haap talk, you
really should just shut up yourself, she's saying she has or is on a ship."

3468-1.10: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "She's saying she say the ship"

3468-1.09: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "While I am happy that you can poop, I
request that you keep that sort of thing off the radio..."

3468-1.07: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "*a happy and joyous voice is heard,
squealing* Haap shit! Haap shit!"

3468-0.10: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "It's a long story regarding the boats
and telling it will not help catch him. Neither will telling anything else he stole,
but if anyone sees or stops that ship, please let us know. That will help a great
deal. Thank you."

3468-0.09: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "I wish you luck. "

3468-0.09: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "You are a coastal town...Why do you
lack boats? Thats not good. But if he lands he will be caught I am sure..any idea
what he stole? "

3468-0.09: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "The thief is heading North-East from
Baaak, and no we do not have a way to catch him at the moment or we would already be
doing that. Thank you, anyone, for any assistance you can give us in apprehending
him. You will be rewarded."

3468-0.07: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "Which way is the stolen ship headed?"

3468-0.06: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "Do you have you know a dingy? A extra
key? Or maybe a fast ship to follow? "

3468-0.03: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "ATTENTION: A thief just left Baaak in
the ship - Spirit of Yshl. It is NOT his ship. He is a young man in his twenties
calling himself Fred. Repeat - he has -stolen- the ship and a lot of important things
after robbing the body of a dead woman. Baaak needs your help immediately - please."
Genie
LO - Turkish/RD - Tailor

Postby Genie » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:42 pm

This is an old drawing, I wonder who did.
"The thing"
"I was running from it then I was here"
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
Edgar Allan Poe
Marian

Postby Marian » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:10 pm

Genie wrote:This is an old drawing, I wonder who did.
"The thing"
"I was running from it then I was here"

I vaguely remember this one. Ran across it a long, long time ago. No idea who made it, but I remember being confused/amused by the random apple core.
joo

Postby joo » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:07 pm

They're running from a murderous apple core, obviously.
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:42 am

Note titled "What I did."
I had sex with two virgin women that were lovers, I taught them all about it and then
they decided to freak out caused some Drama and well that's why I am in here
really...For having sex because I was a bit of a maniac.

Typical. :lol:

This was part of some old laws:
9.) Attention span and reading comprehension test. Are you still reading this? Do you
comprehend it? If you`re still here, congrats. Whisper to Shona or another deputy to
let them know that you`re not just skipping through this like a pigeon on a sugar
high and get a day`s worth of the local resource of your choice for free.

Ancient note about one of my old characters. I don't recall her being a thief, but it's the same area and timing so it has to be. She lived a peaceful life ... or so I thought.
I, Lilith Fugaza, was minding my own business on one happy sun-filled afternoon when
this woman showed up here in Zhift Hills South. I'd met her before but I can't for
the life of me remember where.
She tried to molest me. Then she stalks into my house where she does god only knows
what to my husband then falls asleep. Finally she wakes up again and leaves. She was
gone by the time I got back outside. Apparently, she had gone into Fugaza's Abode,
which I kindly opened to the public according to his last will and testament. I had
stored all manner of things in there for the needy people that come along, from food
to weapons and tools to clothing. She took it all, every last bit. Even the collected
stories I had set aside in there.
She took all the notes off the ground, our laws, our maps, everything...

Her name was Courage.
If she ever comes back here, she'll find out just how much courage she lacks...
She is now an enemy of this town and is to be killed on sight.

Signed,
Lilith Fugaza

On this day of 2443, let it be known that Courage has returned to Zhift Hills West.
She has returned all of the things that she stole. She is to be hereby forgiven and
is welcome in Zhift Hills West in the future.

What I like most about old notes is that there's a 50% chance that a note starting with 'dear [local government/town leader]' is a sarcastic complaint about getting locked up for not reading the laws. :lol:
Marian

Postby Marian » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:39 am

*Wiro wrote:
This was part of some old laws:
9.) Attention span and reading comprehension test. Are you still reading this? Do you
comprehend it? If you`re still here, congrats. Whisper to Shona or another deputy to
let them know that you`re not just skipping through this like a pigeon on a sugar
high and get a day`s worth of the local resource of your choice for free.

Just made my day knowing something Shona wrote is still floating around. :D
Wolfsong

Postby Wolfsong » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:42 am

I saw the Cherubin (the ship from the maps!) sailing about once, and that character of mine then decided to rename her ship the Cherubin's Lament and tried to follow it (with the intention of taking it over, eventually, with her crew.)

Alas, got lost and fell asleep instead.
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:32 pm

People in Cantr are weird... these are just two excerpts of larger events.

2603-7.32: You say: "*hits him right in the ass*"
2603-7.32: You skillfully hurt Damien using a steel battle axe, who loses 29 percent
strength.

2604-0.26: You say: "*Jams it right in there* There we go"
2604-0.26: You give 1 grams of bananas to Filthy Mutt.
Marian

Postby Marian » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:25 pm

[TOWN] is the capital of The Republic.

The Republic has always existed and it's the will of this government to keep it that
way.

The lands of The Republic are described on the note "Cantr Island and The Four
Kingdoms".

It's part of The Republic: [TOWN], [TOWN] Forest and [TOWN] Desert.

These laws are established taking in mind The Republic is a military region. Our
boundaries will be defended against all threats and the only way we can keep the
integrity of The Republic is through a strong army and navy. [TOWN] has been
constantly fustigated by foul attacks on the past, which is why our strategy is based
on a strong Army and Navy.

Having this fact as our main goal, the government of [TOWN] and The Republic is held
by one individual alone. This person's title is Governor of The Republic of [TOWN] and
Commander of The [TOWN]ian Army. This means that both the military powers as well as
the civilian powers is held by this person.

Although this may seem too dictatorial, too harsh to every citizen, the underlying
politics is of peace and non-aggression treaties with the entire region have been
upheld. Some of those treaties can be seen next to these laws so everyone can see
this is true. The same happens with [TOWN]ians: they are free as individuals and they
can live their lives as they want as long as they obey the Laws which are described
down below.

You, citizen, newcomer or new spawn, are advised to follow these laws. If you fail
to do so, expect harsh treatment from The Governor, which has also the judicial
power.

1) Violence:

No one should attempt unprovoked violence against another. (Verbal or physical
violence)

2) Theft:

Do not attempt to steal.
Everything on this town is owned by The Governor. If you need anything just
ask.

3) Hunting:

Hunting is allowed. But even so, if you need food, just ask. Our Granary is locked
for protection but the food is for everyone.

4) Machinery:

Machinery cannot be built or used by anyone. If you need to do so, ask.

5) Weapons and Tools:

It’s not allowed to build weapons or tools here. Only if you have permission of
The Governor.

6) Buildings:

We don’t recognize private property. Everything in this town belongs to The
Governor. If you want to build, you must have the acceptance of The Governor.
After building and if you decide to lock the building, you must give a copy of the
key to The Governor.

7) Travellers:

We consider a sign of good faith new people to announce their names and business
when arriving to our town. If a person wants to become a citizen of our town, he must
just say he wants to be a citizen.

8) New Spawns:

It is considered an act of good faith if you announce yourself as soon as you are
born.
If you need food, just ask.

9) Jobs:

The most important activity in [TOWN] is the military. We welcome anyone wanting to
pursuit the military path. The recruit goes through 5 lessons at the end of which he
becomes a rookie and will receive wooden weapons. Only after a well succeeded solo
mission he will become a experienced warrior. By then he will receive iron and steel
weaponry.

Anyone not finding the military way suitable can ask if there are open spots for
other jobs.

Failing to these Laws and Rules

If any of these basic laws are to be broken, expect one or several of these
consequences from The Governor:

a) You will be given a worded warning.
b) You will be given a worded and imprisonment to face a trial.
c) You will face a trial where The Governor is the supreme judge and will
pronounce a sentence.

If you have any questions about anything, please direct your enquires to The
Governor. In case The Governor is not available, The Second in Command should be
contacted. Presently to this date this person is James Henry.

Day 2914,
Governor of The Republic of [TOWN] and Commander of The [TOWN]ian Army,

Eurytion

This is hilarious to me on many levels. Not the least of which is the fact that when I had a char there within the last year or two and it was still the most current law note.

Very glad this is a culture that's been steadily fading away these last few IG decades.
iavatus

Postby iavatus » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:30 pm

Marian wrote:

8) New Spawns

Further proof that newspawns are special and awesome. Even the emotes agree!
Marian

Postby Marian » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:32 pm

iavatus wrote:
Marian wrote:

8) New Spawns

Further proof that newspawns are special and awesome. Even the emotes agree!

He probably stole those sunglasses.

Return to “General Discussion”