Players, just a thought

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Báng

Postby Báng » Wed Aug 27, 2003 11:23 am

Seriously though, only a game, calm down. And you'v just said you are going to break the capital rule by getting your friends and taking down cities, so your screwd now anyway. I don't know what bad experience you had, or do I really care because it wouldn't have just happened to you, many others would have got the same treatment. This game isn't about one player and their idea's, so lighten up.
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Wed Aug 27, 2003 11:23 am

This is a real life simulation, some places in real life are oppressive like that, and some aren't.

I'm guessing you're the guy in Quillanoi last night who was ranting about that kind of thing?
Thomas Pickert
Programmer Emeritus

Postby Thomas Pickert » Wed Aug 27, 2003 11:34 am

g1asswa1ker wrote:... so I'll get my friends and will slowly but surely wipe eahc city out one by one...

Please note, that this is a violation of the Capital Rule. Also note, that Cantr is meant to experiment with all different kinds of political systems.
If someone should be "pissed off" about that, then it's your characters. If you as a person are pssied off about it, then you might not have understood the idea behind Cantr.

And lastly, please watch your language a little. This forum maintained a friendly tone until now, and it will stay that way.
The Hunter

Postby The Hunter » Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:14 pm

Please note, that this is a violation of the Capital Rule. Also note, that Cantr is meant to experiment with all different kinds of political systems.

I agree. rally make;s things interesting.

Living in harmony and peace somehow gets boring after a while.
Nothing wrong like a good dictature or mad rulers. Lets u wonder when the revolution is going to happen. action
Life is fun. Play naked with Psycho-Pixie.

"Our enemies are resourceful and innovative".
"and so are we..."
They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and people"
"and neither do we"
~G.W Bush
Meh

Postby Meh » Wed Aug 27, 2003 5:36 pm

:shock:
Last edited by Meh on Thu Aug 28, 2003 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
swymir

Postby swymir » Wed Aug 27, 2003 6:59 pm

Nothing is keeping you from taking down Lad, but I'm surprised how many people choose to rant and rave about it instead of just leaving. If you hate an area so much Alenz Hills isn't that far from Lad head that way you can pretty much do anything you want there.
Pirog

Postby Pirog » Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:10 pm

Some IS trying to wipe out Lad...or at least Naron.

One of my characters was on his way to Lad to give them notice, but when he saw his friend murdered he flipped out, killed some people he had never seen before and ran out in the desert screaming :lol:
The Hunter

Postby The Hunter » Thu Aug 28, 2003 2:29 am

So that was u Pirog? who's "Jinh"?

Well, he killed two. damn killer. then looted the bodies. He just arrived and started shooting at people.

Was that really necessary?

And that "running off screaming" was correct yeah. Something abt raccoons? :shock:

"and so are we..."

"and neither do we"

~G.W Bush
ephiroll

Postby ephiroll » Thu Aug 28, 2003 2:49 am

Pirog wrote:Some IS trying to wipe out Lad...or at least Naron.

One of my characters was on his way to Lad to give them notice, but when he saw his friend murdered he flipped out, killed some people he had never seen before and ran out in the desert screaming :lol:

:twisted: ...Alexi's old advisor is searching for the subjects of a few reports he's seen...he's somewhat unhappy :wink:
http://www.ephiroll.com
Jeremiah 'Jerry' Donaldson
Pirog

Postby Pirog » Thu Aug 28, 2003 1:34 pm

Orion>

It's a long story :)

That whole area is crazy.
The outpost of Naron was/is about to get wiped out, and he ran towards Lad to alert the guards there.

When he reaches the forest he sees people engaged in combat.
When he looks around he sees the mutilated corpse of his friend Jinh, and on her body a note about the forest being cursed, causing people to go crazy and killing eachother.

The fact that some of you were allready fighting, and the others idly working without seeming bothered by the piles of dead bodies just made him flip...and since he is terrified of the forest and can't go back to Naron...the desert is his only way out.
The Hunter

Postby The Hunter » Thu Aug 28, 2003 2:08 pm

Trouble is... There's no way out! You gotta prepare to meet your end. My char. is heavier armed and your arrows don't bother me.

Anyway, Body count in that place now has increased to 24.(!)
The woods there really makes people go mad! :twisted:

Something's defenatly going to happen there!

edit The newbie's guide say's something like" PLEASE NOTE: If your idea of a good time is to leave a trail of corpses behind you, Cantr II is not the game for you. "

LMAO

"and so are we..."

"and neither do we"

~G.W Bush
Pirog

Postby Pirog » Thu Aug 28, 2003 5:48 pm

Yeah, well...the most reasonable choice doesn't mean much to poor Dugall right now... :lol:
west

Postby west » Fri Aug 29, 2003 4:22 am

what this topic used to be about is random unsubscriptions.
i was involuntarily unsubscribed while on vacation (ironically, the day i got back) so that accounts for like 8 of the unsub. deaths.

alas. i've got some new characters and dastardly plots cooking tho...gotta love.
I'm not dead; I'm dormant.
g1asswa1ker

OOC knowledge between characters or other players

Postby g1asswa1ker » Sun Aug 31, 2003 12:48 pm

I did not say I would use OOC knowledge between characters or other players i only stated that I as a player has a goal and my characters will most likely have the same mind set. Also a side note I have not gone crying to admin to remove any of my characters. Most if alive are still living in there cells. If you fools would go and check your prisons once and a while and mybe leave some damnable food around maybe prison would be fine. Also another note you guys talking about noran in the present text are commiting a capital rule offense (between player OOC knowledge) :) and yes there are places in the world like that, But most of you long term players have conquerd most of the lands and have established empires leaving little choice for new players but to become thugs. I say a big reason you have so many players leaving is their is very little safe havens against such things. And as for going to Alenz my character would be to new and inexperencd of the world to know of such places! As for my part I have been trying to get new players into the game. My wife was a player but she isn't as patitient as I am and has left the game I have yet to convince her to come back. My buddy he still in the game and he agrees with me but wants to add that we are not asking for the individuel world to revolve around our charactors just to give some breathing room for new characters and new players. I am working on another friend in getting a account but she thinks she type the email wrong or something got lost in a crack because she has not recieved her account info.
Lastly, I'm sorry for my outburst but when I get upset I lose my sense of reason alittle so I blew off so steam
Somehow you strayed and lost your way,
and now there'll be no time to play,
no time for joy,
no time for friends
- not even time to make amends.
You are too naïve if you do believe life is innocent laughter and fun.
Thomas Pickert
Programmer Emeritus

Postby Thomas Pickert » Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:37 pm

Thanks for your efforts to get new players for Cantr. That's pretty much appreciated, as it will keep the game interesting and will also provide a wider range of different personalities in Cantr.

One small comment, though, which is not personally directed at you, but one thing you wrote inspired me to make a statement.

Every once in a while, I read statements like 'you lose so many players because of this and that'. I remember a player who I had to address about such a statement, back when we had to introduce the time limit. He even went farther and made a statement like 'I will take care that more and more players leave Cantr if you don't dorp the time limit.' and 'Many players, all with leading characters have already unsubscribed because of this.'

Both statements were lies, and obviously only meant to create trouble among our players. On a side note, it is interesting, how this particular player is still playing. ;)

During the last 30 days, only 13 players unsubscribed, while our number of players went up from 307 to 318. Some of the players unsubscribed only, because they got a mail from the PD (Players Department), which generally shouldn't be a reason to unsubscribe.

So, we are not losing players, our database of players is actually growing. Some people (like your wife, for example) indeed don't have enough patience for Cantr's slow paced environment. But that's a question of taste and nothing we could anything about.

But, again, your efforts to bring more players to Cantr are much appreciated. The more people who get to take a look at Cantr, the more will get hooked up.

Very last paragraph: Please refrain from calling people fools or like names. Again, some governments are meant to be oppressive. That also includes letting prisoners rot in their cells without telling them for how long they will stay in there. Some won't even give a reason for the imprisonment. Some governments do that out of pure cruelty, others look at it as some kind of test, to see how a potential resident deals with a stressy and unjust situation. Many players in Cantr have developped very intrigueing procedures to let their powerful characters find out about the true nature of other characters. Not every hit with a sabre means that your character is about to be killed.

You are granted a maximum number of 15 characters, to still have enough to do, even when 5 of your characters might have gotten arrested. Judging from what I've heard from other players, 10 characters can still easily use up the whole 200 minutes of your time limit. Besides, during my whole career as a player of Cantr, I never managed to have more than 2 characters at a time locked up. And I think, only about 3 or 4 of my characters got killed.

Return to “General Discussion”