The time limit.

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Should the time limit be abolished?

Yes
47%
No
44%
Abstain
9%

Total votes: 93
The Hunter

Postby The Hunter » Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:22 pm

The question asked was about your thoughts on the time limit. Drew voted and gave his opinion. You may disagree with his vote and his reason, but lets try to be civil.

Ummm. True, but his vote was asked, not his opinion on "loosers" who play too much Cantr. Actually, I don't give a sh*t why ppl play Cantr, or any other MMORPG, game or whatsoever. I personally think it's a nice way to spend my time, at least
I'm not running around killing ppl or robbing banks. As long as ppl are not inflicting any harm on others (physically or verbally) I don't care what ppl do.

Drew, no one asked for your rant and no one wanted to hear it. I wish you luck harrassing old ladies or whatever you do in your spare time. Glad you exited the forums.

About the time limit: About 50 minutes extra per day would be nice, just to have some extra time for when a "special" event might happen. Unlimited time will make ppl talk about nothing even more than they do now i think. (Poor KF) :wink:

I think almost every player has a char with responsabilities and a busy life. That takes time and those 50 minutes extra should cover it.

(Hmmm. I wonder why Drew Zinkan is still browsing the forums. I thought he said h would leave... Tssss).
Life is fun. Play naked with Psycho-Pixie.

"Our enemies are resourceful and innovative".
"and so are we..."
They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and people"
"and neither do we"
~G.W Bush
sammigurl61190

Postby sammigurl61190 » Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:49 pm

I fear today will be the first time in months that I run out of time. The lag is to completely terrible today that I can't do anything. :evil:
David

Postby David » Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:06 am

"crocheting sweaters for trees"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You see I am a highly visual-verbal (hey, one of the reasons to be an Arch major right?, and a reason why I can play Cantr without crying about graphics) and a lot of times I see in the most vivid imagery what is written not just as a punchline but in actuallity (you can imagine how discusted I get when I read an average metro crime report and want to drop the paper) but when I read that I got the most absurd image sequence in my mind it is indescribable...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
new.vogue.nightmare

Postby new.vogue.nightmare » Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:39 am

I have to say, the lag has gotten worse since some of the new continents came into existence...I know that bodies and abandoned projects slow things down only a small bit, but have you seen the sheer INSANITY in almost all locations on those islands? Notable examples being Kwor, Karnon Forest, and Aki Paparia. There may be worse but I don't know of them.
Sicofonte wrote:SLURP, SLURP, SLURP...

<Kimidori> esperanto is sooooo sexy^^^^
sammigurl61190

Postby sammigurl61190 » Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:56 am

I know that notes, projects, and dead bodies all are part of the lag--but being down to 5 minutes now, when I can normally make 200 minutes last a whole day, is really pissing me off.
new.vogue.nightmare

Postby new.vogue.nightmare » Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:05 am

Cheer up--if all goes well (which it may not) you should have your minutes back in about four more hours :D

sammigurl61190

Postby sammigurl61190 » Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:14 am

But you see, that's just it. If. And I have a character who is on a boat, and the other person on it has no clue how to drive it or even what direction to go. :evil:

Not that I know very well since I just discovered that the map is screwed up...Image
sammigurl61190

Postby sammigurl61190 » Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:10 am

No!! I ran out of minutes!! And I have a character who needs to undock! Ahh!

I hate the time limit. :evil: :evil:
Lone Wolf

Postby Lone Wolf » Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:10 am

Personaly, I find no problem with the time limit. Although to increase it by a little bit to allow those who are on it for long periods of time isn't so bad, as long as it can be done with out causeing problems with the game.

As for Drew. Grow up. You talk about going to school and your sports and going to work. I am a long haul truck driver and find time to log in everyday and play the game for a while. Some times I run out of minutes when I'm layed over in some city, waiting to get a load. I have a life, and a very productive one.
I work on average about 10-13 hours a day. And I find time to log on. The way I see it, if a person wants to spend all day on their computer, that is their business, not yours. Besides who are you to judge someone? :twisted:

Anyways, Keep the time limit or take it off, what ever is best for the game. I'm sure they know what they are doing. They have done a great job so far. keep it up
Some are friends of the Wolf.....others are Dinner
new.vogue.nightmare

Postby new.vogue.nightmare » Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:21 pm

I notice that we get more yes votes whenever the minutes don't reset and people can't play. Just like today :evil:

jeslange

Postby jeslange » Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:40 pm

I'd like more time of course, but the limit has brought about what I consider to be good changes. This is coming from a player with 3 EXTREMELY active chars, and some less active ones in there too. Sometimes there's just not enough time in the day to do all ya want, which is the way of both the real world and the Cantr world. The only thing I might suggest is that if your char is attacked when you have less than...say 10 min, then perhaps 10 more could be added. This would represent the fact that you'd get up and fight back to save your life even if you'd had a very long and tiring day. Hmmm...it shouldn't be set to work if a char hits his or her self though :lol: , and should only work once per day.
sammigurl61190

Postby sammigurl61190 » Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:11 pm

*coughcoughMailyYummcoughcough* :lol:
Psycho Pixie

Postby Psycho Pixie » Wed Jan 21, 2004 1:36 am

i voted no, i dont want the time limit abolished. But I have to say this, if it is going to take 2 minutes for each page to load, they need to increase our time limit. with Cantr so slow, and with so many projects always going and so much RP happening in certain areas, it makes sense to just give the players more minutes.

i have only used all my minutes twice. I cant imagine needing much more.

yet again the Psycho Pixies 2 cents.
Here I am. BITE ME. or not, in fact, never mind, dont want some wacko taking me up on the offer. Only non wacko's may apply for bite allowance.. no garentee that you will be granted said allowance, but you can try.
kroner

Postby kroner » Wed Jan 21, 2004 1:38 am

maybe unfinished resource gathering projects should be deleted after a year.
DOOM!
Rappy

Postby Rappy » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:32 pm

i voted yes of course ;)
you dont know how many times i burn away those minutes :P especially when on school holidays. seriously, 3 and a bit hours is no where near enough time for me. i will spend an hour in bed on cantr when i wake up and then i only have 2 hours left for the rest of the day :x

Return to “General Discussion”