Welcome, New Players! (or Welcome Back, Old Players!)

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

curious

Re: Welcome, New Players! (or Welcome Back, Old Players!)

Postby curious » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:45 pm

I am so tempted to reactivate my account, just to have a couple of chars that can potter about. I forget how long it's been but it's been a long time... I suspect a lot has changed.

...if it wasn't so addictive though.
Rmak

Postby Rmak » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:37 am

The only thing that changes is the player numbers drop.
Quote Wolfsong:
They aren't playing children; they are playing mentally ill people.

:twisted: :roll: :lol: 8) :twisted:
Bmot
Game Mechanics Chair / HR/PD Member

Postby Bmot » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:40 am

Soo, yeah, Hi all! I'm back :mrgreen:
Richard Dawkins wrote:We privileged few, who won the lottery of birth against all odds, how dare we whine at our inevitable return to that prior state from which the vast majority have never stirred?
the_antisocial_hermit

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:38 pm

Welcome back!
Glitch! is dead! Long live Glitch!
Remember guys and gals, it's all Pretendy Fun Time Games!
Yuna

Postby Yuna » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:03 am

Hey y'all! Newbie! Been on for like a month and omg I'm addicted!
Bmot
Game Mechanics Chair / HR/PD Member

Postby Bmot » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:28 am

Welcome to the green, Yuna! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Richard Dawkins wrote:We privileged few, who won the lottery of birth against all odds, how dare we whine at our inevitable return to that prior state from which the vast majority have never stirred?
Estaar

Postby Estaar » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:49 am

curious wrote:I am so tempted to reactivate my account, just to have a couple of chars that can potter about. I forget how long it's been but it's been a long time... I suspect a lot has changed.

...if it wasn't so addictive though.

I felt exactly like curious. So I came back as well.
Stranger in a strange land.
Yuna

Postby Yuna » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:14 am

So many old characters waking up! Keep em coming! Lol My young characters need a history lesson.
Lozner

Postby Lozner » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:15 pm

New to forums, but a little old to Cantr. I've been playing again for a few months now, and it's good to see this is as fun and addicting as usual!!
Rigel Kent

Postby Rigel Kent » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:20 am

Ah its good to be back! Been awhile.
I'm baaaaaack!
SleethUzama

Postby SleethUzama » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:22 am

Hello, Hello. I'm Sleeth, and I've been on and off Cantr for a number of years now. I've made some mistakes, and gotten rid of characters that I loved, and it broke my heart at times to the point where I didn't want to come back.

When relaying a story of Cantr to a friend, he convinced me to play again, and joined the game as well, I've met people here that I've come to know out of character, and it's sad to hear all the reasons they've quit the game, but it's usually the same few things.

Everyone has one character that is destined to die in the Klojt armory, it's a damned death trap. People aren't accepting of newspawns input, often writing it off as "you're too young to matter." Some just don't get any attention, or get scolded for trying to get it.

I'm glad to be back here and decided to become active on the forums because I want to reinforce the idea that we can change the way the game is to be better for new people. Newspawns will always be the games future, especially in game, and after creating another new runnif charafters, I have to say I don't care for half of them. There's no motivation to play them, to do anything.

Not here to rant, just thought I'd finally get a form of intro out there.
PaintedbyRoses

Postby PaintedbyRoses » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:47 am

Welcome back, Sleeth. We don't know each other, I just started in December, I think.

I'm really happy with the things you said. From reading the old forums I have gleaned a thing or two that I think were essential to Cantr in the days when it was thriving.

One of the main things that I think kept players in Cantr and made the game much more fun was that the players were friends with each other. Now, this may be happening now and I'm just not in on it but, in the olden days, there was a lot of activity on the forums where players got to know each other, had fun, fought, played games, flirted and basically formed a community.

I tried to revive that a little by posting a lot but I got tired of having so little success at getting others to post. The forums are so silent, it makes me sad. I think that, in the past, when new players looked at the forums, they would say, "Hey, that looks like a fun group. I want to join it." Now it's not that way anymore.

It think things in the game may have changed since you last played, though. I had a character who spawned in Klojt and I never saw anybody get put in the armory nor any newspawns mistreated or disrespected. If anything, older characters bend over backwards to greet newspawns, load them up with clothes and equipment, vehicles and homes. Everywhere, towns are desperate for new characters - at least in the English speaking areas.

It's hard for me to think of things my characters can do besides be super nice and friendly and run a business because everybody is super nice and friendly and run businesses. It's hard to find anything to push against or to accomplish.
curious

Postby curious » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:45 am

I don't know you either but welcome back anyway... the more the merrier.
I think you should lift this latter discussion to the 'why Cantr failed' thread... it has a bearing there, maybe.
cutecuddlydirewolf

Postby cutecuddlydirewolf » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:18 pm

SleethUzama wrote:Hello, Hello. I'm Sleeth, and I've been on and off Cantr for a number of years now. I've made some mistakes, and gotten rid of characters that I loved, and it broke my heart at times to the point where I didn't want to come back.

When relaying a story of Cantr to a friend, he convinced me to play again, and joined the game as well, I've met people here that I've come to know out of character, and it's sad to hear all the reasons they've quit the game, but it's usually the same few things.

Everyone has one character that is destined to die in the Klojt armory, it's a damned death trap. People aren't accepting of newspawns input, often writing it off as "you're too young to matter." Some just don't get any attention, or get scolded for trying to get it.

I'm glad to be back here and decided to become active on the forums because I want to reinforce the idea that we can change the way the game is to be better for new people. Newspawns will always be the games future, especially in game, and after creating another new runnif charafters, I have to say I don't care for half of them. There's no motivation to play them, to do anything.

Not here to rant, just thought I'd finally get a form of intro out there.

Hey, welcome back! It's good to have you with us again. :D And I totally agree.
Genie
LO - Turkish/RD - Tailor

Postby Genie » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:36 pm

Welcome back. I hope you enjoy your time and stay longer now.
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
Edgar Allan Poe

Return to “General Discussion”