The Dead Character Thread

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Hommer

Re: The Dead Character Thread

Postby Hommer » Thu May 18, 2017 2:00 am

Shakes head

He was a weird one never really spoke in big towns it scared him he met a guy with a van who picked him up and he drove around with him untill he got left he died of starvation due to depression from being left

Jhonny  Jones

This one spawned in the firecam republic there were many sleepers he wanted to bring firecam back to life with vaubian but when he died alla sudden when we were just going to start he went crazy and starting attacking everyone untull he got thrown in jail he starved and kept hurting himself untill he died

Seerana Aldiana

Not much to be said she roamed until she died

Guy
Cant remember much on this one
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

5211-1.20: You skillfully kill a hawk using a brand new screwdriver.
Hommer

Postby Hommer » Thu May 18, 2017 2:15 am

SekoETC wrote:Speaking of Omeo, did they ever found out what happened to Princess Meridian? It would be awful if they thought she stole the ship.

Can i answer this?
(\__/)

SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Thu May 18, 2017 1:21 pm

Someone sent me a PM earlier, so I got some light on the matter.
Not-so-sad panda
MattWithoos

Postby MattWithoos » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:41 am

I cleaned up some dull, dead-end characters who I just wasn't giving enough attention. Sorry if this affected anyone.

The Boring Ones (skip at your leisure)

Yuron - If anyone knew him, congrats. He just mined silver on Shai for like 10 years while I mulled over what to do with him. Ultimately, he was BORING! He had to go.

Spa Wen - Similar to above. Started out super super energetic, then I just lost interest. People kept him fed. He must've been nearly 40, maybe 35. BORING! He had to go.

Kate Kinhart - She started out with a big goal to build her own car from scratch, starting with nothing. She succeeded and after that I struggled to find a purpose for her. She tried revitalising Siom Forest South, making it a cultural hub. Renamed some buildings, and all that jazz. She made some really pretty cutlery and plates and mugs, hoping to sell them for a premium. Ultimately I hoped for her to become a big, cheerful, caring, kind, generous personality - one that everyone looked forward to seeing her when she rolled into town. But, meh. BORING! She had to go.

Viseryon - Spawned in Klojt after Caleb died. He was a pretty, egotistical, sarcastic, cheeky gay dude (projecting? :lol: ) who was made mega, mega rich by mining rubies. BORING! He had to go.

Erodius - I have no idea where he was. Some remote place. Anyway, he hated it there, and built himself a galleon. Once it was built, he really had nothing left to live for. Plus, I hate sailing OOCly. I don't have time for it. And... he was BORING! He had to go.

The Less-Boring Ones

Ajit - He was trusted early on by Nylla to have the keys to the town which was a great honour for him. He set out early on to build a truck. Spent 10 or more years away from his home, his town, which was hard on him. He loved that town. When he finally made it back he was joyous, but also envious of the newcomer who was wooing Nylla. Fortunately, she didn't trust him. The town slowly dwindled.

The hardest part about him was that the Players Department locked all the characters I wanted to kill off - and the last turn report I saw was Suna, someone he cared about, getting frustrated with his sleepiness (and telling him so) and storming off. Those will be the last words she says to him, until she finds his body. In hindsight I probably should have put him inside before he died, because that town really couldn't survive everything being looted. Oh well.

Karl May - Eh. What's there to say. He had a hard life on Burgeo or K-Island (not sure which, I think Burgeo). He was out in the wilds. He had an explorer join him in his lonely town. Together they spawned someone. The explorer died. Then Fifty spawned, and the spawn father died. That just left Karl Fifty for the next 10, maybe 20 years. They decided to leave the island, but found a town which they settled down in after some newspawns. Karl had tried breaking into a lone raker and Fifty betrayed him when the owners arrived. Karl hated Fifty for betraying him (Fifty did the morally right thing) and was planning to rob the town dry once he fully rigged his ship. Luckily, he died of a heart attack.

I feel bored writing this out. You can see why I axed them.

Anyway, I'm still around for the time being, down to like 5 characters that are actually interesting.
Hommer

Postby Hommer » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:15 am

Viseryon - Spawned in Klojt after Caleb died. He was a pretty, egotistical, sarcastic, cheeky gay dude (projecting? :lol: ) who was made mega, mega rich by mining rubies. BORING! He had to go.

Illl miss this guy
(\__/)

MattWithoos

Postby MattWithoos » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:34 am

I'll miss your character - I think I know who you played. Sorry for Viseryon trying to start drama... :lol: :lol: Hope your character is doing well without... her... :lol:
MattWithoos

Postby MattWithoos » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:31 am

Aaand here come the rest:

Queen Joyce
From humble beginnings as a mentally handicapped person to the co-founder / rekindler of the Blojt Commonwealth, Joyce was always my side character but one of my favourites. She developed progressively over time, a trait only Caleb had. She stuck to her guns, was a staunch vegetarian, loved animals, never wore leather, and always promoted peace.

The most enjoyable time I had with her was the great escape from Dragonloft. She stole an owl (because she found it pretty) and was captured in Dragonloft. They rebuilt the key to her car but stole the petrol. So, in the dead of "night", she snuck out of the kitchen she was forced to slave away in, hunted for petrol, and sped out of there like a bat out of hell.

She worked with Captain Flywheel to reinvigorate the Blojt area by reclaiming the Blojt Royalty and Blojt Commonwealth. As one of the few people left who spawned from a (apparently) long line of Royals (though not being one herself), she had a rightful claim to the throne (or so she thought), and several towns were brought back to life in the region as a result. To be completely fair, Captain Flywheel and others did most of the work.

Now the baton is passed to others, and I only hope they carry it until I return to Cantr again!

Jin Jin

A great example of the dangers of the radio, Jin Jin was portrayed incorrectly as a murder and monster. She felt like she was running out of options and hitched a ride with a couple of charismatic sailors.

They turned out to be the Ice Sisters, murdering and eating people in front of her.

She tried to join in on the festivities but it was a real struggle for her. She just couldn't do it.

They screwed her over and dumped her in Klojt. Thereafter she attached herself to Coventina, who showed her some kindness (after a LONG time of pursuasion - and near starvation!). They worked together investigating a plot to kill Coventina. When Coventina died, the raker was bestowed to Jin Jin and she swore to find the Ice Sisters - she'd spend her whole life trying to find them or die trying.

She never did.

Harold Shultz

One of my favourite characters; a massive pacifist, super chilled, loved hanging out in his forest and was a bit agoraphobic. Deeply honorable, deeply proud, he would stand by his friends through thick and thin.

He almost sided with (arguably) the wrong side during a near-conflict between Alenz Hills (?) and The Shield (a regional force). It was like a revolution or something. Both sides were very kind to Harold and tried to sway him to their side through big gifts. Ultimately the conflict simmered down and Harold returned to his dull life.

He always offered newspawns the opportunity to leave as the Forest was haunted and induced sleeping sickness in everyone. He offered them vehicles, tools, weapons and resources to start a fantastic life. He felt it was his duty after growing up so poor and struggling to find time to cook food and expand. He'll miss the friends who "understood" the lifestyle and stuck with him in the forest. Surprisingly, there were a few.

Syrio Senschel
Just a newspawn who somehow hit 30 all of a sudden. He made wine, and was going to proclaim himself the best wine maker in the world. He cut himself once and it dripped into the alcohol. After that he thought that could be a great way to give some wines an earthy, iron-y flavor. He didn't leave any notes about this so no one will ever know the wine was tainted!

Zaala
She lived her entire 60 years in the mountains near Omeo. She LOVED it there. It was cold, freezing even, but she made a beautiful life there and was pretty wealthy considering how lonely she was. I doubt anyone would know her unless they remember her when she trekked down to Omeo for supplies once every decade.

Well, that's it for my characters, I now no longer play! :lol:
Millhouse

Postby Millhouse » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:14 pm

Congrats on having such differing characters. I wouldn't have guessed Caleb, Joyce and Jin Jin were all the same player. I think the only other of yours I had met was Kate Kincaid. I was fairly certain that Jin Jin had a past before the whole Ice Sisters thing. Unless it was a completely different madwoman in the Djorf/Baaak area. Maybe you were victim of identity theft. Or maybe there's more to her than you're willing to admit :D
Mafia Salad

Postby Mafia Salad » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:17 am

It was a pleasure playing with Joyce. May you bring as much life to reality as you have to the green world.
Fortune Cookie Says:
You should consider a career change, you'd make an excellent doormat.

[quote]1441-7: You skillfully kill a racoon using a broom.[/quote]
Naranjita

Postby Naranjita » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:03 pm

Ops, seems I finally forgot about my account time enough for my chars to die. I don't realize how fast time goes by lately... I wasn't very active last months anyway, but I wanted to give a sense of closure to some char's stories and finally couldn't find the chance or the mood.

I'm specially sorry for Bert Donaghy. He deserved a better death. Damn, something noisy! And I also regret, as a snob-ish player, not to have the notes in order when a char dies. So, sorry folks! Bert died of sleepy sickness, keeping the keys and useful stuff like I always swore I'd never do, and that bugs me. I told myself 'give the keys away, give the keys away...' many times, but never found a good day to login. Real life keeps me toootally busy, in a good way! :D

I wanted to praise the players who contributed to the farm roleplay, it may be simple, but I enjoyed this char -a lot-. Mina, Gabby, Eric!, Vallie, Alouette and Violet... Aw, Lanelle and Kerri, Pan, Wes and all the rest... Sigh, it's a bittersweet taste. Well, sorry for the disruptive sleepy call, and hope you all keep having fun in the green world!
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"
ManyVoices

Postby ManyVoices » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:59 pm

Though I'm not playing, I'm sad to hear of your Omeo character's death. I know she wasn't active in a long time, but you know she was important to my character when she spawned. When I came back to the game, I was disappointed that she slept since I had another character in Omeo.

Bravo on the art work you added to the game as well.
Alladinsane

Postby Alladinsane » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:32 pm

I am sorry to see you go Naranjita!

Bert was a joy as was that whole town. I only visited on occasion, but always enjoyed your rp.
I hope life brings good health and happiness to you and your loved ones.

Ally
A famous wise man once said absolutely nothing!
Hommer

Postby Hommer » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:45 pm

MattWithoos wrote:I'll miss your character - I think I know who you played. Sorry for Viseryon trying to start drama... :lol: :lol: Hope your character is doing well without... her... :lol:

Haha yeah if only you knew what has been happening since then
(\__/)

Hommer

Postby Hommer » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:45 pm

MattWithoos wrote:I'll miss your character - I think I know who you played. Sorry for Viseryon trying to start drama... :lol: :lol: Hope your character is doing well without... her... :lol:

Haha yeah if only you knew what has been happening since then
(\__/)

Finch

Postby Finch » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:53 am

Jasper White

My first ever character, and much the reason why I didn't unsub when my other characters pitched fits :D He was a melodramatic, self-centred diva, who had the biggest superiority complex I'd ever created, but he was absolutely my favourite. Or, rather, the characters around him were.

He was originally supposed to be a serial killer, which would have been easy, considering that in the first few years of his life, he was handed a raker which was packed with weapons and supplies :wink: I moved him to Treefeather in the hope I could create a bit of a stir, but then he met Louisa.

Louisa was the sweetest and most genuine little thing, and as soon as they met, there wasn't any hope of him leaving her. She was so unique and bold, and so forward in her interest in Jasper, that she simply couldn't be overlooked :D He couldn't resist her flirting, and before long, they just fell together.

Their relationship was so wholesome, with Louisa being so independent in her thriving business of L&L Designs, and Jasper being so infatuated by that. He was such a narcissist, but when it came to Louisa, he would drop everything to help her; She was his Queen :D Their wedding was the event of the season, with people travelling from all the way across the island to attend. It was literally just a week of celebrations, and is still one of my favourite Cantrian memories.

After Louisa died, Jasper sort of just floated around aimlessly for the next 30 years. He met his fate when he fell asleep for too long and got lost, winding up on the coasts of Fu. Unbeknownst to me, some Polish wanker docked to his ship and hacked him to bits with an axe, which I think was a really lacklustre end to Jasper's story. I'm still kicking myself over leaving him out there.

Anyway, thanks for everyone who helped make Jasper my favourite character, specifically Libby, Shaudawn, and obviously Louisa. He was great, and I'm going to miss him sorely.
The human version of the one hundred emoji

Return to “General Discussion”