The Dead Character Thread

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Mitch79

Re: The Dead Character Thread

Postby Mitch79 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:30 pm

Vesper and Addilyn. Soon to be one more to this list.
Neva

Postby Neva » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:27 am

Mitch79 wrote:Vesper and Addilyn. Soon to be one more to this list.

Why? I liked them both.
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:27 pm

I miss my old character Ivan Larsson (Swedish explorer/mapmaker) who must have died a year ago or so when I quit. Does anyone happen to know his last days in life? I can't even remember where I parked him before quitting... :)
Mitch79

Postby Mitch79 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:23 am

Neva wrote:

Why? I liked them both.

Because I have lost interest in the game and my list has grown shorter. I still have 5 currently that I put more time in and even those five are not as awake as they once were.

Vesper was fun, but I didn't have the time or the interest to play her like I should.
Addi was miserable. Her life turned out very differently than she thought and then I just had trouble keeping her awake.

I'm still struggling with the five I have left hoping to get my interest to return. Hopefully I'll get there.
T.E.Shandy

Postby T.E.Shandy » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:50 pm

This is slightly off topic, but in response to Mitch79 being slightly disinterested in the game, I'm so stoked Naedell is still around. I haven't played in a while, but she was always one of my (and my characters') favorites.
Yuna

Postby Yuna » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:46 am

T.E.Shandy wrote:This is slightly off topic, but in response to Mitch79 being slightly disinterested in the game, I'm so stoked Naedell is still around. I haven't played in a while, but she was always one of my (and my characters') favorites.

She's freaking awesome. Character praise is a good place for this.
Mitch79

Postby Mitch79 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:14 am

I'm glad some people still seem to like having her around. :S I was under the impression no one really cared for her being around anymore. So I guess I must be doing something right.
Estaar

Postby Estaar » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:41 pm

Mitch79 wrote:
Neva wrote:

Why? I liked them both.

Because I have lost interest in the game and my list has grown shorter. I still have 5 currently that I put more time in and even those five are not as awake as they once were.

Vesper was fun, but I didn't have the time or the interest to play her like I should.
Addi was miserable. Her life turned out very differently than she thought and then I just had trouble keeping her awake.

I'm still struggling with the five I have left hoping to get my interest to return. Hopefully I'll get there.

Can you give a context for Addilyn, please? I seem to remember her from previous playing, but I can't situate her at the moment.
Stranger in a strange land.
Vega

Postby Vega » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:56 pm

Mitch79 wrote:I'm glad some people still seem to like having her around. :S I was under the impression no one really cared for her being around anymore. So I guess I must be doing something right.

Naedell IS cool. That some chars don't like her doesn't mean AT ALL that the players behind don't :)
Quebec Lima Delta November
Something like a story
Slowness_Incarnate

Postby Slowness_Incarnate » Sat May 12, 2018 4:40 am

Omi - He had a long and unfulfilling life. Died just like it began and left all of his worldly possessions to the newly weds where he'd eventually settled .Spawned in Quillanoi 406 and died 5780 in Naron Desert.
Genie
LO - Turkish/RD - Tailor

Postby Genie » Sat May 12, 2018 5:23 pm

I suspect anyone remembers this dead char of mine and I don't think I will ever play another char puzzling me like her. Tenar Roxy spawned in 3966 - and died in 4943, she lived in Pleakur Shores mostly. She had strong personality in a way and her friends trusted her. But she was also a suicidal person and an escapist. Benjamin loved her and tried to protect her, their relationship had so many ups and downs because Tenar often lived at the edges so she broke his heart many times by running away and rejecting his love after saying she trusts him. It was too late when she finally got a steady mind and decided to live, his heart was already weakened. When he died, she killed herself by knowing this will break the promise she made for a little, sweet friend. If any of her friends her still alive I'm sorry for killing her, I hope they're having a good life IG.
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
Edgar Allan Poe
Millhouse

Postby Millhouse » Sat May 12, 2018 7:55 pm

Slowness_Incarnate wrote:Omi - He had a long and unfulfilling life. Died just like it began and left all of his worldly possessions to the newly weds where he'd eventually settled .Spawned in Quillanoi 406 and died 5780 in Naron Desert.

I think I met Omi once or twice. Congrats on having such a long run with him.
Shaudawn

Postby Shaudawn » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:01 am

Fard [Day 4437 to 5822, R.I.P.]

Raise a glass. Several days ago [2018-06-06, 23:42 (GMT) (5822-5.12)] a thing of beauty was destroyed. Fard is dead.

I have had characters die, but this one...this one hurt. Fard needs a proper eulogy. I wrote one for him that night, but it is rather long. To spare people, I won't post it here. Maybe on its own.

---

The origin of Fard: inspired by a brief minor character of the same name in Saga, by Brian K. Vaughn & Fiona Staples. Looks just like him, except my Fard had two eyes, not one. His first word, yelled out: "FARD!!!" There is a reason Clara cringed and face-palmed. Saga is brilliant and real writing. Please check it out or any other of Vaughn's works: Runaways or Y: The Last Man or Paper Girls. And, no, I'm not getting paid to say that. PS. Fard in boxer shorts yelling "FARD" - the fan drawing: if I can find it after I post this, I'll share. That's my Fard.

"This guy is HUGE! He's over seven foot tall. His hairy arms and legs look to be as thick as tree trunks, but it's not clear if it's muscle or fat. He's got a massive beer gut and man-boobs, he slouches, and his knuckles look like they're about to drag on the ground--the arms are long and his legs are rather stubby. His bald head is proportionally smaller, though, sitting on a neck almost as thick, and his black eyes are beady. His mouth only has a about half of his teeth--very sharp, ragged teeth, though.

The clothing he wears barely covers him. They all stretch tight and taut, pulling at the seams with bulges of flab poking out in several places. His fur cloak hangs more like a short cape that doesn't quite cover his back."
--Shaudawn

"We all know that art is not the truth, art is a lie that makes us realize the truth." --Picasso

"Another belief of mine: that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise. " --M. Atwood
Snowdrop

Postby Snowdrop » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:13 pm

:cry:

A couple of mine had met him, tis a shame :(
MonkeyPants4736

Postby MonkeyPants4736 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:22 pm

I loved meeting him and seeing his maps :D

Return to “General Discussion”