The Dead Character Thread

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

llcoolj11
Game Mechanics/Programming Dept. (Asp)

Re: The Dead Character Thread

Postby llcoolj11 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:04 am

Ok, this will be the first time I post the characters I had that died so far

John - 4793-5003
Pete Smith - 4850-5159
Bill Gates - 4878-5253
Perseus Johnson - 4895-5120
Michael - 4915-5145
Richard - 4916-5269
Ryan - 4925-5140
Paul Diamond - 4925-5270
Peter - 5273-5315
Paul Bryant - 5349-5495

Sadly, I don't even remember most of the towns that they spawned in
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:10 pm

Was Pete Smith in a town with another Pete?
Not-so-sad panda
llcoolj11

Postby llcoolj11 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:12 pm

Yeah, I think the town was Nraam
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:13 pm

Yeah, I played the other Pete.
Not-so-sad panda
llcoolj11

Postby llcoolj11 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:16 pm

Ah, well, good to meet you :D
llcoolj11

Postby llcoolj11 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:43 am

Hey, whoever played Scorsha Hawk from Akypor, if you see this, can you send me a message?
Shedevil

Postby Shedevil » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:47 am

Well, I hit the X a few weeks back and I'd guess by now most people know of their deaths. So time to give a final farewell to a few who may or may not have made a difference.

Stone Knight Salara Delphino - She loved her home once she found it. Spawned in San D'oria though she never felt that it was home for her. She left and walked until she found a family in the forest. For once she felt at peace and quickly adapted to the family life. She loved her sister Zoey to death and even at once after a particularly nasty wolf attack made Zoey promise to not bury her in the ground. Zoey promised though she pulled through the attack that left her scarred for life. However many more would mark her skin from the feral wolf packs that called the forest home. She loved many in her life though I'm not sure anymore more than Adrian, her mentor, as well as her son, Aed. Adrian's death was probably the final straw in her will to live and only stayed around afterwards as to not leave her brother Brayarb and Hayden alone. Their family grew however once more with a few more. Her son, Aed, however was her heart and soul. His death nearly did kill her.

Nevaeh - Her story is one that is hard to put to words, so perhaps I'll just say that to the player of Rady Gum, I am sorry. She did love Rady as a sister, but her heart died with Kins.

Taz Altomontis - Her story is a wild one. From the attacks on Doryiskom that scared her body and mind. Terrified of running into the woman who nearly killed her within the first few years of spawning. Following a ship captain and joining his crew after her first "heartbreak" at the hands of Shattershield. Then meeting her husband Lucian Altomontis in Klojt and ultimately leaving the crew to build her own ship with him. Sailing the world until he died on the shores of their newfound home. Wandering lost and confused until she landed back on the island she once said she'd never return to. She hopes even in death however that her birds are loved and taken care of.

Whitney - A pirate at best though she'd never tell you that. Her swords always within easy reach though she never used them to get what she wanted. She eventually gave up the life of the sea and pirate to start anew since she had everything she'd ever need in life.

Shae - A wildling scared of everything that moved. She'd find comfort only in the haystacks and with her "Lex".

Riley - A quiet worker with nothing but love towards her friends as she worked towards keeping the town in stock of hay.

Bunny - A mistake spawn that spawned in a quiet village. Once left alone she took what she needed to survive and left to find civilization.

Nikki - A woman out for blood. Perfect should she spawn among pirates. Quicker and stronger than most she could cut through you and laugh as you lay bleeding.

Alaya Rosenbury - Not much to really say about her except to her family, she's sorry for the way she left though she had no hint at ever returning. The sea just called her too much and she had been unhappy for quite some time though she'd never let that be known.

(I know there are a few other characters that are missing, I cannot for the life of me remember the names at the moment.
Oh look, another glorious morning… makes me SICK!
ManyVoices

Postby ManyVoices » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:35 pm

Definitely sorry to hear about the death of Salara.

I was excited about her character when she first came into the forest and my character Stone Knight Surf interacted with her. If you recall, he was Salara's initial mentor. I don't remember all the details, but I do remember thinking it best you join Adrian instead of staying with Surf (I think Salara liked the other forest better). I don't believe Salara had even become a knight yet when Surf died suddenly.

So, it was really neat when I returned to the forest with my new character Kleed to see Salara as a knight, and senior member of the family. Now the roles were reversed, Salara the mentor, and Kleed the initiate. Salara was already getting a little sleepy by this point, but it was great to hear her stories of years gone by, and her experiences as a knight.

Welcome to life after Cantr, the question now is will you still stalk the forums ... like some of us who quit. :)
Shedevil

Postby Shedevil » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:27 am

Aryn Kellan - She always wanted to help people. Soon after she spawned she became a trainee under Raaj to become a doctor. Her earliest memories of any sort of help on her own would probably scare most people away from being a doctor but she was not going to let that stop her. She fell in love with Raaj and spent most of her life by his side until he passed so suddenly. Taking over leading San D’Oria was never in her mind but she did it for Raaj, knowing he would have wanted her to. Then Rain spawned, a curly headed little boy who stole her heart. Quickly adopting him as her son she made her life new on being there for him as well as a visiting girl named Lily. Aryn was probably the hardest to let go by far.
Oh look, another glorious morning… makes me SICK!
Arval

Postby Arval » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:37 am

Shedevil wrote:Aryn Kellan - She always wanted to help people. Soon after she spawned she became a trainee under Raaj to become a doctor. Her earliest memories of any sort of help on her own would probably scare most people away from being a doctor but she was not going to let that stop her. She fell in love with Raaj and spent most of her life by his side until he passed so suddenly. Taking over leading San D’Oria was never in her mind but she did it for Raaj, knowing he would have wanted her to. Then Rain spawned, a curly headed little boy who stole her heart. Quickly adopting him as her son she made her life new on being there for him as well as a visiting girl named Lily. Aryn was probably the hardest to let go by far.

*salutes in great respect*
sherman
Public Relations Chair/Translator-Finnish (PR)

Postby sherman » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:29 am

You were a great player and had great characters :) It was fun to interact with your chars
Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
-Erwin Rommel-
Alladinsane

Re: Thinking about quitting.....

Postby Alladinsane » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:55 am

Nearly 8 years and I finally x'd out. I do plan to return.

I know its self-serving, but I will list a few chars. Most already knew it so there will be few surprises.
Some of the chars I interacted with were easy to fall in love with, some were a fulfillment of fantasies in real life. I would like to commend so many of you for bringing so much joy through the pictures you were able to pain. Tpb a few really have some talent and its been a privilege to try and keep up with you. I hope you all enjoy a Merry Christmas and take the holiday time to spend with family and loved ones.

For the last time this year: Be well!

Simon Seals- He was once the "evil emperor of the hills and mountains of Dhung". A marital mistake on my part ruined his life there and he chased far to the south. He fell in love again and lived his days with another beautiful woman in the south of cantr island... one of my original 3, he lived to a ripe age. Add your own joke there.

Wesley Turner- (Westerner?)... Probably my favorite even though his life was a bit sedate at the end. His life was filled with a few great relationships and it ended with one of the best... an unintended "hook-up" ended with a long and strong relationship that TPB really treasured. The grumpy old lady (different char was one of the better played chars I ever met... but unfortunately you don't win best player unless you are in a huge city from my experience).. she is one of the greats. Lots of easy to love chars were in his life, thanks to you all!

Russell VI (Virus!)- He was a King in Scareb Haunt before leaving to take over a polish town with the aid of their king at the time. His hearing impaired wife died on him and he spent over 20 years lost in the forest and mountains between there there and scarab haunt... no maps existed for that area. He found a wooden cart and used it to travel... slooow, but at least it held lots of food. Eventually he made it back and lived a blessed life before falling in love and taking a boat all over. Another death and he was not the same.

Reven Tal- it was making fun of the way that Al Sharpton presented himself. A world traveler who circled the "globe" (which it is not!) several times and spent his final days just existing.

Studebaker Hawke- Drifte around before finally taking over the petrol delivery business on cantr island. He never had any serious competition that lasted and became fabulously rich. He and his partner were on a last run, intending to take to a ship he found after the great tragedy in Basillica. Oh well.

Percy- A metrosexual in Hofran... tried to convince some that he was gay and it worked for a while, but he met and fell for a special person who did not share the same feelings at first, patience won out.

Glenda James- I made her by accident, but it turned out well and she met a man who did not seem to enjoy being a man.

Pauline- A hybrid of Paula Dean and my rl mother in law- She had a lot of opinions on matters that were not her business. Klojt was perfect for her.

Luther Sangster- a few rednecks I had worked with (they were proud of that label!) in machine shops inspired him... played lousy guitar and sang. One of the luckiest men around!

Mark - Got involved with a unique house in Klojt... I wish I had done better there, he had some great idea's for serving mixed drinks, his specialty was a Teregotha Iced Tea, but I had a few other idea's for mixtures that I thought about bouncing off of RD, but the idea was probably unworkable.

Zevon - Sioms surfer dude... I didn't finish the design.

All of the characters that so many of you played were what made this such a joy. A few are probably happy... I love those people too.

Merry Christmas and I'll see you again soon.
A famous wise man once said absolutely nothing!
Hommer

Postby Hommer » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:56 pm

Well i didint think i would have to do this again for awhile.

Heres the new list of dead.

Ratger Hammer-Fist Sunborn 5327 5571
He was a fun char to play will miss inteacting with ratger gots gas buisness and all the friendships he made.

Elvin Rammerhand 5327 5596
Another un char that ended up taking up my old chars buisness and falling i love and getting his heart broken im pre sure thats what drove him to death.

Captain The Nameless One 5392 5634
...this was my most emotional char death to me and im so sorry luna with my promises i made you but this chars death was unreversable but i wont get into that.

Will Nish 5392 5575
Demigod of nishdom that failed when his father died with all the resources so he starved to death nkthing really special about this guy

Orvar Silverblood 5327 5583
Just another none special char i accidentky let him die i feel bad he made uldric have life again and i was so greatfull to be in a special family so old and wise.

Qwyincy 5327 5570
Nothing special died in a lakeside town fishing.

Himmler 5327 5452
Nothing special he went crazy hering voices about a women called mother and got chased for a year while he smacked his chasers with a dung fork.

I feel bad for tjose that liked my chars and were influenced by them these were my first long term chars most of these but i have others alive so ill see you in game ....
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

5211-1.20: You skillfully kill a hawk using a brand new screwdriver.
Hommer

Postby Hommer » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:59 pm

[quote="Shedevil"]Well, I hit the X a few weeks back and I'd guess by now most people know of their deaths. So time to give a final farewell to a few who may or may not have made a difference.

Stone Knight Salara Delphino - She loved her home once she found it. Spawned in San D'oria though she never felt that it was home for her. She left and walked until she found a family in the forest. For once she felt at peace and quickly adapted to the family life. She loved her sister Zoey to death and even at once after a particularly nasty wolf attack made Zoey promise to not bury her in the ground. Zoey promised though she pulled through the attack that left her scarred for life. However many more would mark her skin from the feral wolf packs that called the forest home. She loved many in her life though I'm not sure anymore more than Adrian, her mentor, as well as her son, Aed. Adrian's death was probably the final straw in her will to live and only stayed around afterwards as to not leave her brother Brayarb and Hayden alone. Their family grew however once more with a few more. Her son, Aed, however was her heart and soul. His death nearly did kill her.

This broke my chars heart if it wasnt for hee he wouldent be alive she will be truley missed by him
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

5211-1.20: You skillfully kill a hawk using a brand new screwdriver.
Alladinsane

Postby Alladinsane » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:15 pm

I forgot to add:

Atlas Clarke

Lived most of his life as a hermit until he was rescued by a ship.... on that boat he met the love of his life. They found a map of a remote region and thought it might be a great place to settle down forever. He died while I was vacationing, ambushed and finished off in their paradise.
A famous wise man once said absolutely nothing!

Return to “General Discussion”