The Dead Character Thread

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

muidoido

Re: The Dead Character Thread

Postby muidoido » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:58 pm

Nice story! :shock:
Wolfsong

Postby Wolfsong » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:09 pm

Finch wrote:Jasper White

My first ever character, and much the reason why I didn't unsub when my other characters pitched fits :D He was a melodramatic, self-centred diva, who had the biggest superiority complex I'd ever created, but he was absolutely my favourite. Or, rather, the characters around him were.

He was originally supposed to be a serial killer, which would have been easy, considering that in the first few years of his life, he was handed a raker which was packed with weapons and supplies :wink: I moved him to Treefeather in the hope I could create a bit of a stir, but then he met Louisa.

Louisa was the sweetest and most genuine little thing, and as soon as they met, there wasn't any hope of him leaving her. She was so unique and bold, and so forward in her interest in Jasper, that she simply couldn't be overlooked :D He couldn't resist her flirting, and before long, they just fell together.

Their relationship was so wholesome, with Louisa being so independent in her thriving business of L&L Designs, and Jasper being so infatuated by that. He was such a narcissist, but when it came to Louisa, he would drop everything to help her; She was his Queen :D Their wedding was the event of the season, with people travelling from all the way across the island to attend. It was literally just a week of celebrations, and is still one of my favourite Cantrian memories.

After Louisa died, Jasper sort of just floated around aimlessly for the next 30 years. He met his fate when he fell asleep for too long and got lost, winding up on the coasts of Fu. Unbeknownst to me, some Polish wanker docked to his ship and hacked him to bits with an axe, which I think was a really lacklustre end to Jasper's story. I'm still kicking myself over leaving him out there.

Anyway, thanks for everyone who helped make Jasper my favourite character, specifically Libby, Shaudawn, and obviously Louisa. He was great, and I'm going to miss him sorely.

This wasn't the raker 'Blackfish' was it?
Finch

Postby Finch » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:16 pm

Wolfsong wrote:
Finch wrote:Jasper White

My first ever character, and much the reason why I didn't unsub when my other characters pitched fits :D He was a melodramatic, self-centred diva, who had the biggest superiority complex I'd ever created, but he was absolutely my favourite. Or, rather, the characters around him were.

He was originally supposed to be a serial killer, which would have been easy, considering that in the first few years of his life, he was handed a raker which was packed with weapons and supplies :wink: I moved him to Treefeather in the hope I could create a bit of a stir, but then he met Louisa.

Louisa was the sweetest and most genuine little thing, and as soon as they met, there wasn't any hope of him leaving her. She was so unique and bold, and so forward in her interest in Jasper, that she simply couldn't be overlooked :D He couldn't resist her flirting, and before long, they just fell together.

Their relationship was so wholesome, with Louisa being so independent in her thriving business of L&L Designs, and Jasper being so infatuated by that. He was such a narcissist, but when it came to Louisa, he would drop everything to help her; She was his Queen :D Their wedding was the event of the season, with people travelling from all the way across the island to attend. It was literally just a week of celebrations, and is still one of my favourite Cantrian memories.

After Louisa died, Jasper sort of just floated around aimlessly for the next 30 years. He met his fate when he fell asleep for too long and got lost, winding up on the coasts of Fu. Unbeknownst to me, some Polish wanker docked to his ship and hacked him to bits with an axe, which I think was a really lacklustre end to Jasper's story. I'm still kicking myself over leaving him out there.

Anyway, thanks for everyone who helped make Jasper my favourite character, specifically Libby, Shaudawn, and obviously Louisa. He was great, and I'm going to miss him sorely.

This wasn't the raker 'Blackfish' was it?

Nah, he owned the Legacy.
The human version of the one hundred emoji
Snowdrop

Postby Snowdrop » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:23 am

Finch wrote:Unbeknownst to me, some Polish wanker docked to his ship and hacked him to bits with an axe

Well, that seems like a totally unnecessary act. If it was just one character attacking him, then they would have needed at least two hits...so they could have just worked on the locks instead and stolen everything from the ship. That would have allowed his story to have a chance of continuing, and given you something to work with once you woke him back up. Damn those overly violent people! :evil:

I'm pretty sure I saw his ship sitting off the coast of Treefeather for quite a while, some time back. Maybe you should have left him there longer. Hindsight is great, right? :lol:
Finch

Postby Finch » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:59 am

Snowdrop wrote:
Finch wrote:Unbeknownst to me, some Polish wanker docked to his ship and hacked him to bits with an axe

Well, that seems like a totally unnecessary act. If it was just one character attacking him, then they would have needed at least two hits...so they could have just worked on the locks instead and stolen everything from the ship. That would have allowed his story to have a chance of continuing, and given you something to work with once you woke him back up. Damn those overly violent people! :evil:

I'm pretty sure I saw his ship sitting off the coast of Treefeather for quite a while, some time back. Maybe you should have left him there longer. Hindsight is great, right? :lol:

Right? I was like, um, that was literally so rude.
The human version of the one hundred emoji
Mitch79

Postby Mitch79 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:53 am

Couple more of mine will be dropping soon. Apologies to those around them. There are very few I am still actually playing and a few of them are just existing. Not quittting but I am cutting my list back more.
Joshuamonkey
Owner/GAB Chair/HR Chair/ProgD

Postby Joshuamonkey » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:07 am

Posted on behalf of Alutka:
Alutka wrote:The time has come for me to end my two and a half years long Cantr experience. Sadly, having two little brats at home is too much to keep on playing, besides well sorry, but I do prefer to spend my time with my family and focus on them.
I want to thank everyone for playing and for the amazing adventures we shared, for all the times I laughed, for all the times I cried and all the times I had bloody adrenaline rushes. And for sleepless nights too, I guess.
Let me post the list of my characters: Snerg, Merrygold Cypher, Tom Undertoe, Eist Galarr, Bastian and finally the apple in my eye Artax. Artax and Mona died cuddled together in their sleep, not even knowing their end was coming. I personally like to think that they still are out there, doing whatever they are doing in the green, and it's only me who cannot witness it anymore.
That's how I want to remebmer them and the town they loved:
5337-1: Annorah Caverly says: "It's nice to meet you Mona. Please call me Caverly. I've always liked my last name better than my first."
5337-1: Mona says: *Her eyes flick to the young woman and she suddenly seems amused.* Always in your one day of existence. If you do not like your first name as much why not get rid of it, or have a new one? Caverly is very nice on its own. I suppose you could just make that your first name."
5337-1: Artax says: "*he steps outside and steps by Mona's side, sliding an arm around her waist. He grins* Or we can come up with something. You know, invent a name for her."
5337-1: Mona says: "*She leans against him and licks his cheek once.* A nickname, sure, but I don't really want to force a true name on her."
5337-1: Artax says: "*he grins at the lick* Don't you think it's pretty unfortunate that we weren't given a chance to finish what we started? I guess it's work time for now."
5337-1: Annorah Caverly says: "*looks slightly embarassed as she turns back to her building* Excuse me..."
5337-1: Mona says: "*She tilts her head at him with bemusement.* Well I don't know about you, but I was finished."
Joshuamonkey's Blog
http://doryiskom.myminicity.com/
https://writealyze.com
"Don't be afraid to be different, but be as good as you can be." - President James E. Faust
I'm LDS, play the cello, and run.
Shaudawn

Postby Shaudawn » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:12 am

October Skye

Playing got extremely difficult this summer when what turned out to be a pinched nerve in my neck made my entire right arm useless. Although I recovered, my right index finger and part of my thumb have lost feeling...maybe permanently. It makes it hard to type sometimes when my fingers slip off the keys.

Anyway, poor October suffered from a deep fear of scarab beetles, which is not great when he lived on Sring-sri. He found himself in charge of the inn there, and was making drinks for a while. But I just couldn't play him. For some reason, Daisy Lou Roulfe kept him alive, and he was eternally grateful for her leadership. He respected her a lot. He really lost heart after Summer passed. He got such a kick out of her drawings. Anyway, sorry I couldn't keep up with him. Out of respect for his name, I waited until this month for him to go into that long good-night. Seemed a mite fittin' 'er some such. Rest in peace, old man.
--Shaudawn

"We all know that art is not the truth, art is a lie that makes us realize the truth." --Picasso

"Another belief of mine: that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise. " --M. Atwood
the_antisocial_hermit

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:33 am

Shaudawn wrote:October Skye

Playing got extremely difficult this summer when what turned out to be a pinched nerve in my neck made my entire right arm useless. Although I recovered, my right index finger and part of my thumb have lost feeling...maybe permanently. It makes it hard to type sometimes when my fingers slip off the keys.

Anyway, poor October suffered from a deep fear of scarab beetles, which is not great when he lived on Sring-sri. He found himself in charge of the inn there, and was making drinks for a while. But I just couldn't play him. For some reason, Daisy Lou Roulfe kept him alive, and he was eternally grateful for her leadership. He respected her a lot. He really lost heart after Summer passed. He got such a kick out of her drawings. Anyway, sorry I couldn't keep up with him. Out of respect for his name, I waited until this month for him to go into that long good-night. Seemed a mite fittin' 'er some such. Rest in peace, old man.

:(
Glitch! is dead! Long live Glitch!
Remember guys and gals, it's all Pretendy Fun Time Games!
AshBee
Game Mechanics Member

Postby AshBee » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:28 am

Shaudawn wrote:October Skye

Sorry to hear about your health. October will be missed!
Akulli

Postby Akulli » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:51 pm

Joshuamonkey wrote:Posted on behalf of Alutka:
Alutka wrote:The time has come for me to end my two and a half years long Cantr experience. Sadly, having two little brats at home is too much to keep on playing, besides well sorry, but I do prefer to spend my time with my family and focus on them.
I want to thank everyone for playing and for the amazing adventures we shared, for all the times I laughed, for all the times I cried and all the times I had bloody adrenaline rushes. And for sleepless nights too, I guess.
Let me post the list of my characters: Snerg, Merrygold Cypher, Tom Undertoe, Eist Galarr, Bastian and finally the apple in my eye Artax. Artax and Mona died cuddled together in their sleep, not even knowing their end was coming. I personally like to think that they still are out there, doing whatever they are doing in the green, and it's only me who cannot witness it anymore.
That's how I want to remebmer them and the town they loved:
5337-1: Annorah Caverly says: "It's nice to meet you Mona. Please call me Caverly. I've always liked my last name better than my first."
5337-1: Mona says: *Her eyes flick to the young woman and she suddenly seems amused.* Always in your one day of existence. If you do not like your first name as much why not get rid of it, or have a new one? Caverly is very nice on its own. I suppose you could just make that your first name."
5337-1: Artax says: "*he steps outside and steps by Mona's side, sliding an arm around her waist. He grins* Or we can come up with something. You know, invent a name for her."
5337-1: Mona says: "*She leans against him and licks his cheek once.* A nickname, sure, but I don't really want to force a true name on her."
5337-1: Artax says: "*he grins at the lick* Don't you think it's pretty unfortunate that we weren't given a chance to finish what we started? I guess it's work time for now."
5337-1: Annorah Caverly says: "*looks slightly embarassed as she turns back to her building* Excuse me..."
5337-1: Mona says: "*She tilts her head at him with bemusement.* Well I don't know about you, but I was finished."

And then Caverly went from being that awkward newspawn to the Pack's little Fox/Squirrel. I'll miss you guys...
Slowness_Incarnate

Postby Slowness_Incarnate » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:18 am

:( I have one character that will be utterly devastated if they ever find out.
llcoolj11
Game Mechanics/Programming Dept. (Asp)

Postby llcoolj11 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:53 am

Hey, I'm currently looking for the player behind Xyxy
Shedevil

Postby Shedevil » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:19 pm

Saelena Blackrock - She had a rough story that finally took everything from her. Still mourning the death of her love she grew sleepier and sleepier over the last decade or so of her life until she passed peacefully in her sleep.

Her story is one I had trouble keeping up over the past few months, and she deserved better.

Will have a few more coming sooner or later as I try to tie up some loose ends. Cutting back again.
Oh look, another glorious morning… makes me SICK!

Postby 15454 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:34 am

I was evil itself, thought to be immortal, and surviving hundreds of years as I slithered across land and sea. It all started on that dark morning in a small forest, when I, a young woman fought off starvation and hawks. Covered in all white silk, I became an expert of everything. After years of torturing others, orchestrating the 'death games', sitting in a cell, and sailing on the open sea. I finally met my end to a deep slumber.

Return to “General Discussion”