The Dead Character Thread

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

deadboy

The Dead Character Thread

Postby deadboy » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:38 pm

Alright, I'm bored, so I decided to post up a list of my dead characters just for kicks:

Gohanez Honahn
Jimbo Bobby
Jamie Beohn
Raphael Koahn
Rachel Hope
Yoban Jeosa
Marlo
Semaj
Houri
Sarah Fahren
Jessica Cornwall
Thomas Geod
Susan Park
Beth Gerot
Joshua Pride
Bethany Huten
Zara Delling
Maerad Adil-Amarh
Romain Claude
Arutha Goldheart
Elise Sange
John Franz
Sabrina Lloyd
Lucy White

I suppose you peoples might as well do the same
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we" - George W. Bush
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:34 pm

Aww you killed Marlo... good thing Jaina will most likely never find out.

Maline (1080) suicide by starvation/post-traumatic stress disorder
Jonas Kooth/Phoenix (1338) asked strangers to finish him off after escaping a murderous mob wounded
Maryan Tusca (880) speedy execution after unknowingly assisting in carjacking
Dove McGregor (1019) deletion, rp'd as terminal cancer
Yvonne Rapothraw (995) deletion, rp'd as drowning
Lewis Parsley (1613) killed after trying to sack the town of Quillanoi
Nayome (1368) poorly planned suicide by starvation
Gunnila Ekholm (963) animal attacks
the Dark Incarnation (1757) peaceful suicide by starvation
Marceidus Starborn (1558) depression, suicide by starvation
Kenneth Ignathius (1787) suicide by sword

I was gonna brag how little deaths I've had but there's almost as much I have living ones now XD I wanna talk about deaths..... but I always talk too much.
Not-so-sad panda
deadboy

Postby deadboy » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:34 pm

SekoETC wrote:Aww you killed Marlo... good thing Jaina will most likely never find out.

Yeah Marlo was extremely depressed and eventually decided that he didn't want to carry on living, but left the town to save Jaina from knowing too soon what with AJ's death and all. He actually died pretty soon after arriving in Zuzi
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we" - George W. Bush
Zanthos

Postby Zanthos » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:16 pm

you have qute the number of suicides...
Person: Akamada doesnt control the animals.
You see a wild boar attack Person.
Person: I still dont believe you.

<Spill> Oh, I enjoy every sperm to the fullest.
the_antisocial_hermit

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:54 pm

From this time around:

Kiara Socholotuk
Kaelyn Boisclair
Moreta Furiosa
Kaewyn
Camryn Agarunov
Evette Lidel/Eva Breitkruez
Tradana Nightingale
Devorah Passaic
Aeryn Kaebel
Lynette Rosewood
Brielle DeSantis
Sandra Briere
Karis Rieser
Sisona Ladron
Kalika Zirnis
Carlotta
Lilka Morrigan
Dalynna Kahl-Stefanov
Shayna Linnecke

Couple I remember from my very first account:

Brekke
Rynn
Kementari
Maethor Rochon
Bryan Lansdale
Kristine Deveaux
Kylara
Gwaereth Handael
Tash
Elentari Tintalle

And I had 5 more, but I don't recall their names. Most probably don't ring bells in anyone's memory. lol
Glitch! is dead! Long live Glitch!
Remember guys and gals, it's all Pretendy Fun Time Games!
Spillages

Postby Spillages » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:11 pm

I will post a few of my dead ones. Only the ones that may have been alive long enough to be remembered.

Iris Eye (Krif/Drojf)
Spam (Doryiskom/Sanctuary Mountain)
Spencer Hill (Cantr Fields)
silence is golden;
DUCT TAPE IS SILVER!
Torkess_theCommie

Postby Torkess_theCommie » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:35 pm

Spillages wrote:I will post a few of my dead ones. Only the ones that may have been alive long enough to be remembered.

Iris Eye (Krif/Drojf)
Spam (Doryiskom/Sanctuary Mountain)
Spencer Hill (Cantr Fields)

Spencer Hill.. quite the trouble maker eh? :P
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:57 pm

Zanthos> Sometimes when I'm depressed, it reflects on the characters, or vice versa - when my character is depressed, it makes me feel bad as well. Anyway sometimes when I feel like hurting myself, I have one of my characters hurt themselves instead. A bit OOC-ish I know but they mostly have an ingame reason as well.

But if you'd know what some of my characters have gone through, you wouldn't be surprised if they were depressed or even a bit nuts. (OMG she's gonna tell those stories again, run!!) Ok, I'll try to be brief.

Maline's friend/first crush got randomly dragged in and murdered by someone who didn't like us using their firepit. She was building him a shrine but wanted to make it of stone because that's sturdier than wood, and had to bring it over from other places. When there was only a bit missing from the goal, she decided to pop to Blaman mountains to see old friends and grab the last bits of stone needed, not knowing that the town had been sacked by the Barons. She got locked up and I seem to remember that Baron F was touching her, she was sure he would eventually rape her (but never did). They were shooting her with crossbows or something like that until she broke down and agreed to work for them. Also there were corpses of familiar people in the same room. Eventually they stopped keeping an eye on her and she managed to steal a bike cart. But never recovered from the shock.

Nayome was blind, she'd been travelling with her boyfriend for several years, they'd lost some friends on the way. When they got home, some guy was living in their house. They dragged him out and started having sex XD but the guy came through the door with a crowbar. That was scary. Anyway, she didn't realize that the new inhabitant had gone to the back room he had built. They went out. She was asking couldn't they go back in and then her boyfriend told her that the guy is still in there. And that totally freaked her out, it's like saying there's an axe murderer on the back seat. In the end she was totally hysteric. I'd stopped feeding her some time ago already but it would've been nicer to die peacefully after doing your guy one last favour rather than screaming and... pissing yourself... >.>

The Dark Incarnation was a scholar but he was far more logical and intelligent I was. Also he was initially created to research massacres (or to commit one) but I think tiredness got implemented just then, eliminating one man massacres from Cantr. So he was researching death and life and illnesses (this was before the sneezes), trying to find logic in things that are affected by far too many variables. He was very articulate and stiff, always saying I am instead of I'm and so forth, could not understand why everyone insisted on calling him Sir. I think he was on some level autistic or Asperger. Anyway, he required too much effort and I couldn't draw any conclusions from his notes, exept for that one theory... well, he gave his notes to this one guy, somewhere on the Hills of Hilloi. He'd been starving himself for a long time but sometimes people fed him. He'd arrived to the place and slept for a long time, and strangers would give him food every now and then. Then he woke up to thank them and gave them his stuff. He felt cared by these strangers, it was an odd sensation. But then the people left and he decided it was his time to go to his Master, and this one guy was very understanding about it. It was one of the best death scenes I've had, even though the character himself had many boring periods.

Marceidus was (or believed to be) from another planet and was constantly looking for a way home, even though the memories faded in time and she started wondering if she was wrong. She was sometimes rather annoying but she got one friend, and it eventually developped into love. But she felt like she owed too much to this person, because of the age difference and all, and also there were a lot of misunderstandments. So she said she needed some time alone to find herself. Her lover was heartbroken and totally surprised, could not see it coming. Anyway she promised to return one day, and after a long time she did - only to find a grave marker... Now she had no one left in the world. She was like she needed to clear her head for a bit, went for a walk without food. She was hoping to run into someone who'd ask her what's wrong, someone to comfort her, someone to make a difference but no one cared. So she died.

Ken married a widow... They'd had a nice romance but it soon faded into sleeping sickness after the wedding. I think it was due to her player being too busy irl. I forgot to feed her, my character tried to but he was growing increasingly frustrated. Then she starved to death. He put her things in the storage room along with most of his own stuff, locked the main door, walked into their room and hit himself. He was pretty strong. He wrote a letter revealing all his frustration and what he wanted to say to people. I was going to have him walk out and hand out some keys before striking the final blow, but the damage wasn't linear, it was reducing on each blow so I assumed it would be smaller yet, but then I got the Error: you tried to play a dead character! message. And I kinda regret all the things he said in the suicide note, he was just mad at himself. It would've been better to give out the impression everything was alright.

deadboy> Perhaps Jaina deserved to lose him.. but who's gonna keep her from killing people on her whim when her "conscience" is gone? ;)
Not-so-sad panda
deadboy

Postby deadboy » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:43 pm

Anti-social - Didn't know you played Kaewyn :D

Spillages - Now Spencer Hill is one I know -very- well, how did he die though, DoUrdens?

Seko - Nothing ;), with Marlo gone feel free to kill whoever you wish :P
the_antisocial_hermit

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:02 pm

I didn't mean for her to die at the time she died. She died once, then we had that 3 day rollback, and I saved her then, but then I didn't notice she was close to starving again a little while later. I thought she'd picked up more food than that.
deadboy

Postby deadboy » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:07 pm

How is the ol' BHW going by the way? King Jimmy still in charge?
the_antisocial_hermit

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:09 pm

Last I heard. Don't know much as I'm not there anymore. lol
Antacid

Postby Antacid » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:29 am

Heimdell (1388)
Allen Waters (1419)
Matthew Fields (1397)
Adam Storm (1392)
Joe Calm (1420)
John Kite (1396)
Lorhiggins Kjaad (1347)
Vincent Draccor (1411)
Arcus Hades (1399)
Hester Ezidora (1420)
Brian Ulphdon (1404)
Sam Dorff (1543)

I will be exceedingly suprised if anyone remembers ANY of these. All of my important ones are still alive, and I'm not telling them :wink:

All of the ones that are dead never did anything truly lasting.

Heimdell tried to start a mountain town, named one after himself, not sure if it's still called Mount Heimdell or not.
Joe Calm was a very bad town guard, he was very sleepy.
John Kite briefly ran a forest, but then fell asleep and the townsfolk killed him to get his things (I went on a big no-playing spree that saw a huge amount of my charries die).
Lorhiggins was a horrible experiment gone awry, I don't even want to go there. :lol:
Vincent...Arcus...Brian...Sam... I don't even remember them.
Hester was my very wierd and horrifying attempt at playing a female character that just didn't work out. For some reason I felt like naming her after The Scarlet Letter, figure that one out.

Like I said, my important ones I haven't let die. If anyone remembers any of those dead ones, amazing...
Pie

Postby Pie » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:44 am

the scarlet letter? hmm..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scarlet_Letter

:shock: :? :shock: :o :shock:

well anyway, here are four of the... about 30 or so dead carries that I have.

Sparticus,Kristoff Bismark ,Anthony Birch,Ashinta Marina

sparticus:cant remember...

Kristof:I remember this one. He traveld around with a lady named Zahara, on the eastern side of Omeo island, went of exploring, and died soon after.

Anthony: born in a mountain, died in a mountain. did nothing.

Ashinta: one of the first english newspawns to be in omeo. everyone was sleeping. as did she.
Pnumerical Intuitiong Engyn
Paranormal Investigation Exorsism
Porcupine Interspecies Extra_poison
Pick In Enter

... The headquarters of P.I.E.!!!
Nosajimiki

Postby Nosajimiki » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:50 am

deadboy wrote:How is the ol' BHW going by the way? King Jimmy still in charge?

I saw him within the past few days so I'm faily certain he is.

As for my own list of dead charies...

Malik Fairvis - Murdered

... that's it... that's it? how come all of mine are so good at not dieing? I can't even kill off my suicidal newspawn and he's already 25... why do people keep feeding him?
#004400 is my favorite color.

Return to “General Discussion”