The Dead Character Thread

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Mafia Salad

Re: The Dead Character Thread

Postby Mafia Salad » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:50 pm

Trimmed down my account. I've been waiting for more free time to play, but it's become clear to me that that isn't going to happen anytime soon. So instead of leaving them sleeping forever, I decided to let them go. Some have already been asleep for months, others have had very limited activity.

Charlotte – (Alenz Hills) Never really found a personality or purpose with this character. I made a halfhearted attempt at tailoring with her and had a one sided rivalry with the Charlotte of Zuzi who came on the radio, but she was never bold enough to make that phantom rivalry public.

Skyler Grey – (Alexilad) Just a laid back fisherman. His casual nature made friends easy and his simple ambitions made him easy to play. But he capped as a character early and I didn’t want to put in the effort to develop him in a new direction.

Juneau Jewel - (Spinners Farm) Planned on some exploring on her stripy donkey, Sorry Elle and Cain. Along with Skyler she had friends and I feel bad for them.

Maximilano Manchester McCullough – (Brunoi Hills West) No character suffered more from the sudden intrusion of real life. Fantastic potential, well defined as a character in my mind early on, unique without being overly annoying, ambitions, then about a week after I spawned RL kicked up 3 notches and I didn’t have anywhere near the time needed to do a third of what a character like him would require. A perfectionist by nature, I didn't want play him halfway.

Liar – (Ol’ Windmill Farm) Nobody did figure out her name despite her repeated denials. A character who could say whatever she wanted, as long as it wasn’t true. A great song and dance character to play when I had extra time to do something goofy and creative but that I could leave asleep for weeks at a time if need be. I’ve got two characters that fill that role a little better so she didn’t make the cut.

Teapot – (Krif/Drojf) I thought this character was weird. Really really weird. Weirder than my rhyming doomsday prophet or girl who introduced herself with a different name and backstory every time. The only character I’ve had who got a name in game that I liked. Spawned as my first ever spawnthief but the town had nothing out to steal but a plate of food and a teapot. Rambled about Fate to prolong his life on the road, probably unnecessarily. After that I picked which way he would wander by the number of animals in the first heard in town, and later by die roll. Fate seemed to like keeping him in Krif and Drojf most of the time.
Fortune Cookie Says:
You should consider a career change, you'd make an excellent doormat.

[quote]1441-7: You skillfully kill a racoon using a broom.[/quote]
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Postby Snickie » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:09 am

Mafia Salad wrote:Liar – (Ol’ Windmill Farm)

Nooooo, not Multiname! I loved her and Oackley's craziness together.
Majix

Postby Majix » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:59 pm

Thank you all for you kind words, it makes me both sad and happy. Truly, I thought my chars dindn't matter very much, I have always seen myself as a rather lousy role-player as this is (was) my first experience of it. Also, having English as a second language was also hard sometimes when I wanted to express myself and didn't find the words. It has been a wonderful time, most of the time. (I chose to not think about the evil ones I have met), I have learnt so much and met so many nice people, even if I haven't known them more than through their play. I have been laughing so much and I have cried. I have stayed up too late and even got up in the middle of the night to hunt a kidnapper with Nikki. I found a diary and a map with my Swedish char Jorani Vick, that I printed out at work and glued togehter all the pieces. I hope somone will find her body and put her in the sarcophagus she made for herself, where she lived all alone all her life. I could say something about everone of them, but I'll stop here. Again, thank you!
sherman
Public Relations Chair/Translator-Finnish (PR)

Postby sherman » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:34 am

Nikki Bee, Lumi Canta, Pim and specially Midy Abree were all great chars to have around
Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
-Erwin Rommel-
Andu

Postby Andu » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:56 pm

My account got finally deactivated by my own severe negelect. Most of my chars had been sleepers since long, but I tought I'd post here now that the last few have kicked the bucket.

Somewhat recently dead:

Spymaster Boneman Kosci of Kwor,died 165 year old

My by far most favorite character, and the one I got most laughs out of. He was a massive hoarder, and at one time I think he abused his councillor position to hoard all nónes to his house. A deraged man who heard voices, and still functioned somewhat, to the extent of eventually becoming one of the councillors of Kwor, establishing the Bragonguard and being part of the selfnamed Tri-alliance of Blackrocks, Kwor and Firecam. I used my massive turn event backlog as a kind of "perfect memory" that is favourite voice o remembered.
Before that he live through the hectic mid-2000s(?) with lots of Polish people besides English, and I learned some polish that enlightend me and Boneman years later when polsih travellers would come around. After the Polish Exodus he helped the last councillor, eventually joining the council and doing leader. He saw people spawned and died over and over again, and most named friends or others ended up as bone, ivory, pieces and jewelry. I think I learned at least parts of how it feels to get old and see people you know die, and feeling nostalgic about the good old days.
Thanks to Donald from the early, Alanna, Jack, Rebecca, Litta Mann(and her husband I forgot the name of), Blackrocks, Firecam and the feveral people who were Bragonguards over the years. I've forgotten most other names, and saw that I lost the game-logs. :(

Juhani Nahkanska died 160+ years old

He was the founder and leader of the Nahkanskat (translation: The Leather Gloves), the first and my knowledge only organisation in the Finnish regions. Got people to move the community to the (then) most optimal location regarding iron production and living. Later road were built from the Fort(see belove) towards all points of interest, making it one of the few places where roads led to were there were people.
I got the idea to build a stonebuilding as the the wall or fort for the location, enforcing all buildings and machines to be built inside, and it worked out nicely. It kept te mammoths, wolves and the bears at bay. 8)

Heinis Välipeltolainen died 150+ years old

He was attempting to build a road(10+ locations shortest route) connecting the two regions Finns lived on, but died before he completed it. Travelled around the early days, might have been the first Finn to find hematite and enable iron production.

Katri Vaeltaja died 150+ years old

She was a mapmaker who connected the two Finnish region, and explored the surrounding area. After buring her boyfriend and rasing a gravestone somewere in the wilderness, she didn't do much else than eat. I regret that I didn't finish and reupload the last version of the map, as I made the mistake of uploading it to photobucket, so her legacy as a mapmaker didn't live on

Older chars:

Harald Roadhugger of Pok, died 134 years old

He was a trader who inherited the Roadluggers trade company when the leader got a heart attack, and transformed it to the Roadhugger Inc. with I think 4 or 5 empoyees as most, and few resource buildings outside Pok.
Started as a edgy bloodsucker who eventually found other things than blood that kept him awake. Still had him when possible drink blood from dead corpse (out of sight).
Shoutout to Lee Holloway and OEnone

General Germ Serga of Blojt Commonwealth died 90+ years old

Much good drama were had, remember fondly starting the Blojt Behemoth project, to build the biggest and best equipped galleon possible, and I think we came close. Too long ago to remember anything specific, other that Stone Knights and Blackrocks beeing the other organisations in proximity of the (declining) Commonwealth. I did a piss-poor job when wen he became the leader

Harmer Naarwik
Good time started as a forest frontier town, eventually joined when the kingdom was established and started expanded to la claims on surrounding land. One seaside location that was seemly abandoned was not so abandoned and they returned from the several years long thief-chase wit new friend, and where not too happy about the territory claim, and people all gathered to a tense standoff. Shit went down, the Queen and few others got killed, Harmer and few others where imprisoned and stayed so for years He ate all the notes he written and collected over the years about the intel of the region. Death by execution after seeing the rest of his remaining friends die, after having the choice of slaving away in a locked building or death.

Barge died 120+ years old
My only Swedish character, who lived a long but uneventful life. The town had few people living first until e e came the sole inhabitant, so he live as a hermit farming his her gardens. Ones he took a trip to trade to another Swedish location, and later in life there where the bandit attack and he got captured, but ultimatly freed thanks to radio alerts by some people. There were one guy who came back more than once, but oherwise there were travellers/trades every few decade or so.

There were a few others not too impactful or all forgotten.

PM me for nostalgia/whatnot
"An those with little fuel, could tie a pack of bears in front of their limousine, with whip and crossbow in hands to keep them in line."
Aduah

Postby Aduah » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:48 pm

Goodbye Nylla and Peral.

I was startled when Charlotte died, because at the time there was another Charlotte visiting Alenz Hills, and I thought it was her who died.

Oh Multiname - what a headache. ;)
Rebma

Postby Rebma » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:42 pm

Andu wrote:Spymaster Boneman Kosci of Kwor,died 165 year old

Oh myy. I had no idea he was even still alive. I knew him back in the early 2000's with Jaiden Trebor in Karnon Forest, and Jume Sunshine of Firecam. He was great! Sorry to hear he's gone!
kronos wrote:like a nice trim is totally fine. short, neat. I don't want to be fighting through the forests of fangorn and expecting treebeard to come and show me the way in
ManyVoices

Postby ManyVoices » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:47 pm

Well, I wasn't around as long this time as previously, so my characters wouldn't have made as big an impact, but I know people are still curious when characters die (I always am). I've spoken to many already via PM, but for those that I haven't and you're interested, here they are:

Jossel (Omeo) - Spawned in Omeo with Luna as the town's leader. She loved her town, but never felt she fit in. She was too boring and straightforward thinking than the majority of the town folk. Love all the spooning! Good RP in that town when people are awake. Somehow I don't have success in that town. Last time around I had a character die locked in a back room.

Dretlon Strend (Nraam) - Tried a character with a physical condition. His skin was sensitive, and often dealt with a tingling sensation. Cared for his town leader Paris, as often they were the only two awake until Pete and Arielle returned. Had a desire to travel, but was always concerned that Paris would get lonely. Only started to travel as the city grew. Arielle was a great addition to the town, and then Adelaide spawned, and with Rank there, it all kinda felt like a family. Then Adelaide (Addy) and Dretlon started getting close, and together they worked on upfitting a ship to trade for the town. They both loved being at sea and quickly formed an unbreakable bond ... until he dropped dead on their ship. :( Hardest character to say good-bye to this time around. Hurt to know he was leaving Addy behind. Fantastic RP Addy, thank you!

Kleed Bernt (Olipifirovash Forest) - A Stone Knight! Love, love, love the stone knights. Best organized group in all of Cantr. Read through all the historical documents this time in the library and compiled an index of them all. Now you can actually find something in there. Had other characters in the forest in the past, but this was probably the most educated, on Stone Knight culture. Hayden - awesome RPing, perfect fit for Kleed and his desire of knowledge. Salara/Brayarb, good to RP with you again.

Kazia (Andralia) - spanwed in another location when town folk were gathering resources. Vlad figured out that she got her abilities from two people, Vlad and Suna, so Kazia considered herself their "Inheritance". Loved the whole concept as it made them like family, without ever using the word family. Was devastated to see Vlad die, but seemed to strengthen her bond with Suna. Had big plans to help the town grow, but now they've lost three people in relatively short order ... ouch. Enjoyed the RP of others in town, when it wasn't quiet.

Strath Eldon (Tircqi) - had a little fun with him in the beginning. He spawned to a dead person right in front of him, and a very sleepy town, so he thought that everyone was dead. This caused real problems for him, when he left and ended up in Tircqi, people were dying every couple days. He was certain that death followed him, much to the displeasure of the town people who tried to convince him otherwise. Ended up becoming a trader with Mantorok, and enjoyed touring Cantr island. Got in a bit of a mess with Decklan's crew and after surviving it, always felt at liberty to share with other towns how evil he and his group were. Kat was a great addition to the RP he picked up on the way home. Sorry I didn't get to see that progress further. She had a great personality. I think there was some great RP ahead. Oh, and though Strath didn't know Lumi super well, I as a player was happy to RP with her as I had former character Brayson who knew her extremely well. I as a player got to mourn for Brayson through Strath after her death.

Frez Minno (Guildport) - spawned into the town where everyone was visiting and not looking to stay. Was at a loss as to what to do because no one really seemed interested in adding another crew member, though they were generous in equipping him. Then Salem spawned and he was willing to make a go of the town. So together they decided to stay and build it up. Got some additional support from Shin Shin after he was picked up on a resource run, and Fifty was always helping the town. Spent quite a bit of time alone gathering resources need to make iron, but it was really rewarding to see the town come together. They're a radio away from being a productive trading port! Good luck guys!

Grainger Lanwell (Seatown) - Probably developed his character the least. Wasn't sure how to make him fit in, or what to do with him. Don't usually have that problem. Never had a worse character for attributes, he was awkward at half the stuff he tried. Did enjoy a trip to Midgar as I've had characters there in the past, so good to see the town. Nice to see some visitors come through town that I knew from a past character Orand as well. He spent his last years making propane, and though awkward at it, Seatown should have a pretty good supply of it now.

I quit abruptly this time, so none of them had any closure. Crap I wish this game wasn't so addictive! Sorry to the few people that my quitting affected, now I get to once again go through all the withdrawal symptoms ... lovely! :)
Aduah

Postby Aduah » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:22 pm

ManyVoices wrote:Jossel (Omeo) - Spawned in Omeo with Luna as the town's leader. She loved her town, but never felt she fit in. She was too boring and straightforward thinking than the majority of the town folk. Love all the spooning! Good RP in that town when people are awake. Somehow I don't have success in that town. Last time around I had a character die locked in a back room.

Dretlon Strend (Nraam) - Tried a character with a physical condition. His skin was sensitive, and often dealt with a tingling sensation. Cared for his town leader Paris, as often they were the only two awake until Pete and Arielle returned. Had a desire to travel, but was always concerned that Paris would get lonely. Only started to travel as the city grew. Arielle was a great addition to the town, and then Adelaide spawned, and with Rank there, it all kinda felt like a family. Then Adelaide (Addy) and Dretlon started getting close, and together they worked on upfitting a ship to trade for the town. They both loved being at sea and quickly formed an unbreakable bond ... until he dropped dead on their ship. :( Hardest character to say good-bye to this time around. Hurt to know he was leaving Addy behind. Fantastic RP Addy, thank you!

Kazia (Andralia) - spanwed in another location when town folk were gathering resources. Vlad figured out that she got her abilities from two people, Vlad and Suna, so Kazia considered herself their "Inheritance". Loved the whole concept as it made them like family, without ever using the word family. Was devastated to see Vlad die, but seemed to strengthen her bond with Suna. Had big plans to help the town grow, but now they've lost three people in relatively short order ... ouch. Enjoyed the RP of others in town, when it wasn't quiet.

Strath Eldon (Tircqi) - had a little fun with him in the beginning. He spawned to a dead person right in front of him, and a very sleepy town, so he thought that everyone was dead. This caused real problems for him, when he left and ended up in Tircqi, people were dying every couple days. He was certain that death followed him, much to the displeasure of the town people who tried to convince him otherwise. Ended up becoming a trader with Mantorok, and enjoyed touring Cantr island. Got in a bit of a mess with Decklan's crew and after surviving it, always felt at liberty to share with other towns how evil he and his group were. Kat was a great addition to the RP he picked up on the way home. Sorry I didn't get to see that progress further. She had a great personality. I think there was some great RP ahead. Oh, and though Strath didn't know Lumi super well, I as a player was happy to RP with her as I had former character Brayson who knew her extremely well. I as a player got to mourn for Brayson through Strath after her death.

Jossel... did fit in very well, Everyone misses her very much.

Dretlon... The consequences could be very bad.B

Kazia... Our dear Kazia, The loss, with all the rest of the death, it has been pretty overwhelming to the town.

Strath... :3 I interacted with strath a few times. I dont have a character there, but it does make me wonder what will happen to that place now.
Genie
LO - Turkish/RD - Tailor

Postby Genie » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:55 pm

Aduah wrote:
ManyVoices wrote:Jossel (Omeo) - Spawned in Omeo with Luna as the town's leader. She loved her town, but never felt she fit in. She was too boring and straightforward thinking than the majority of the town folk. Love all the spooning! Good RP in that town when people are awake. Somehow I don't have success in that town. Last time around I had a character die locked in a back room.

Jossel... did fit in very well, Everyone misses her very much.

Jossel's difference was nice and rping with her was always fun. People liked her critics and she was a good challenge, she made a place in the hearts. You may not think so, but I believe all the Omeotians will miss her dearly.
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
Edgar Allan Poe
MattWithoos

Postby MattWithoos » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:40 am

Kazia and Frez... :(
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:57 am

Speaking of Omeo, did they ever found out what happened to Princess Meridian? It would be awful if they thought she stole the ship.
Not-so-sad panda
Aduah

Postby Aduah » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:07 am

No. And I'm sure they are more worried about her than anything else.
ManyVoices

Postby ManyVoices » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:20 am

SekoETC wrote:Speaking of Omeo, did they ever found out what happened to Princess Meridian? It would be awful if they thought she stole the ship.

Jossel had a theory that W.B. Kidnapped her. :)
MattWithoos

Postby MattWithoos » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:32 pm

This is probably going to out myself but Jossel recently visited DMS, right? In which case I knew three... Man, this sucks! Will miss you.

Return to “General Discussion”