Cantr Dreams

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Darigan

Re: Cantr Dreams

Postby Darigan » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:15 am

Snickie wrote:<more bumping and quadruple posting, but my last post was five or six months ago, so shutty :P>

Last night, I dreamed that the Cantr homepage got a complete makeover, showing a giant map of the world and placing dots in the general areas my characters were in. Weather for each sector of the world was posted around the map, as well as newspaper-type writings for each of my characters (though I only got to read one). The newspaper-things were summaries of what had happened since the last time I'd viewed that character. And then there were a bunch of telephones and phone numbers listed under the map that you could call to report bad weather. So I was calling about a hurricane south of Burgeo Island, but I couldn't hear anything from the earpiece attached to the mouthpiece I was speaking into. Then I figured out that the sound was coming from a different handset than the one I was speaking into, and when I finally figured that out, I was on the seventh out of ten numbers. I found the correct earpiece, and it turned out that Doug R. was on the other line, and we argued about the hurricane for a few minutes, and then I woke up.

I hope you guys understand that I want all of this implemented now. :P

Edit:
Arenti wrote:Though my most occuring dream is about being afraid of my char Drake losing his wife because of the sleeping sickness. I guess I dream that often because I as a player am surprised her player is playing for so long.

This reminded me just now of another part of the dream, sometime between the spiffy homepage thing and phone calls. This part was text-based. My character thinks she was disowned recently. So in the dream, Arenti's character Drake had come outside and then gone back into his house. People whisper for some ten minutes, and then my character is dragged inside where Drake and Madeline are, and her attitude towards my character is radically different, more appreciative and affectionate than when my character had been "disowned", and of course Drake was trying to encourage Madeline about it. My character breaks down into grateful sobbing, and then I click out, back to the spiffed up homepage, to check my other characters and the hurricane phonecalls thing.

dreaming this descriptively is when you know you're addicted to cantr.
BeepBeep

Postby BeepBeep » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:48 pm

Last night I dreamed that I woke up dead. I haven't had a Cantr character die, yet, so I don't know what the dead character interface looks like. So, my mind made up that character's events page as just being blank and the word "dead" beside their name at the top. It was both freaky and intriguing because I didn't know what caused the death. I tried to read lower on the events page but the screen became fuzzy.

“When I play with my cat, how do I know that she is not playing with me rather than I with her?” ~Michel de Montaigne
Rebma

Postby Rebma » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:09 pm

This is only partially cantr related. It was part lucid dreaming.

I ad a dream that I got a message from staff-only it was on the forums, and it was mojomuppet messaging me, saying that I as breaking the rules, I couldn't have more than 8 characters. And I was like shit shit shit. And then dream me remembered that waking me had a character die yesterday, so dream me messaged dream staff mojo and was like, one died! I'm okay now.

But then dream me started panicking as it remembered i actually have eleven characters after that death (which is true for waking me) and upon realising that I came to my senses, and realised that 15 characters can be created on an account because thats how many we're allowed to have. And so dream me realised this was just a messed up dream, and i managed to turn the dream onto another subject before losing control of it again.
kronos wrote:like a nice trim is totally fine. short, neat. I don't want to be fighting through the forests of fangorn and expecting treebeard to come and show me the way in
Mitch79

Postby Mitch79 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:25 pm

It's that guilty conscience Reb!
masterekat

Postby masterekat » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:48 am

I couldn't decide whether to post this here or in the "You know you're addicted to Cantr when..." thread, but I finally decided on this one. But anyway, last night I dreamt that my fiance and I had our honeymoon in Teregoth island. Well, partially. We were in Bhak some of the time, but we spent some time on the mainland too, which was where our room was. I guess the two were close enough that we could do the whole ferry thing like how people do when they go to Nantucket or Martha's Vineyard for the day from Cape Cod. All in all, the vacation wasn't that great. I mean, the shoreline was absolutely gorgeous, but the public transportation sucked! It consisted of these little vehicles that were somewhere between tandem bikes (except with four or five seats in the line) and flintstone style cars where everyone puts their feet through to the ground and pushes the car forward. Well, we tried to ride one of those, but none of the tour guides knew where they were going for some reason, so we just resorted to looking for a place to eat, a difficult task in itself, namely because Teregoth doesn't -have- any restaurants as far as I know. I think we finally found one, but it wasn't anything to write home about. So then we tried to get back to our room on the mainland, but there were no ferries running. I remember that Greg and I were getting pretty pissed off by this point, but luckily a few nice sailors recognized our predicament and offered us a ride. So then we finally got back to the room, which actually turned out to be a pretty nice condo type deal. Would've been great except it turned out that somehow two of our friends were there and they kept trying to ask us how our day was and what our plans were for the rest of the week when all we really wanted to do was be alone.

So what I learner from this is that the Cantr world isn't that great of a place to take a honeymoon. :lol:
raspberrytea

Postby raspberrytea » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:55 am

Last night:

One of my characters (let's call them G) found themselves waking up in a hospital in town Z, having fainted, and remembering nothing of what had happened the past couple of days.

I woke up with the same sense of panic as G, immediately going to check Cantr and wondering what in the world had happened. It took a long while for my mind to wake up and realize all the reasons this situation hadn't actually happened. But the more I think about it, it would make for some interesting RP.
Bowser

Postby Bowser » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:18 am

I hate G in town Z
Homer wrote: "Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel. "
raspberrytea

Postby raspberrytea » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:14 am

Oh, is there a G in town Z? 'Cause that was totally arbitrary letter substitution.
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Postby Snickie » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:22 pm

I dreamed last night that Narrator was still alive, and about halfway through I was like, "Wait, isn't he...dead...?" But I was just like, "Whatever," and moved on.
Cheshierekat

Postby Cheshierekat » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:01 pm

During my 3 hours if sleep this morning, I dreamt I spawned another character. I logged on this morning expecting there to be a new one, but nope! It was just a dream. :) good thing....believe me.
When people tell me that great minds think alike, all I can do is look at them and think "oh you dirty, dirty bastard"
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:52 am

Early this morning, I awoke from a dream where five characters had been drug off into a room and were being struck by an assailant. Somehow, I was able to see what was happening, even though my character wasn't in there. I remember that I was fond of the characters, and upset about it. At the time, I remembered one of the character's names from the people screen, which I thought was odd since I had thought that you couldn't read in your dreams. The name was pretty bizarre and I forgot it within minutes, even though I was trying to remember it.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
the_antisocial_hermit

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:27 am

I think sometimes just having a strong enough impression of who/what is going on is sometimes enough for your brain to trick itself. I know I've been able to read in my dreams occasionally, but sometimes when I think back, I'm not sure if it was because I actually read it in my dream or I saw text on something and made the connection and just knew what it said. I actually had that happen last night. But it wasn't Cantr related. I can't remember a recent Cantr-related dream.
Glitch! is dead! Long live Glitch!
Remember guys and gals, it's all Pretendy Fun Time Games!
Rugila

Postby Rugila » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:48 pm

I had a very strange Cantr related dream two days ago.

I was dreaming of transporting food from port G to Town M, with a single kayak!
Whats the funny part? There was three of us in a single kayak! Me and two of my friends in cantr.
And a billion grams of cooked meat!

The journey took loooooooong... but, we didn't got bored, cause in between these two close cities we hit a storm, pirates, refugees and merchants all on a single trip. I remember myself being crying a lot sometimes and then again laughing a lot sometimes.. I was like living in a La-La land.
While my friends controlled the Kayak, i was mumbling some rather strange words and wishing all them a bad luck and even worse.. :lol:

I woke up just when we where docking onto Town M.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:29 pm

Last night I had this dream that I was planning to quit Cantr and was making arrangements for my characters to die. Also one of them was a scarecrow or a similar puppet, just prettier, and she couldn't remember how long she had been that way. She wanted to be human again. In the dream I was also planning to kill myself. I remember biking on a very difficult terrain, actually I don't even have a bike. Then I was also going to get a mohawk hairdo before dying.
Not-so-sad panda
Mee

Postby Mee » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:58 am

Dreamed about that the man who's keeping me locked up let me go. Big dissapointment when I woke! :(
I don't sleep, I dream

Return to “General Discussion”