You know you're addicted to Cantr when...

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Marian

Re: You know you're addicted to Cantr when...

Postby Marian » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:34 am

Yeah I thought I thought I had problems just for grabbing for my phone literally as my first action when I wake up every morning to make sure nothing's going on with my favorite.
prometheus

Postby prometheus » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:57 pm

I have an addictive personality. :)
Shedevil

Postby Shedevil » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:20 pm

Or when you can't remember the last time you slept through the night, seemingly to wake up after every travel tick. Only to stay up if a project is almost finished.

On a side note, this happens even without an alarm. Its like your body just -knows-....
Oh look, another glorious morning… makes me SICK!
Alutka

Postby Alutka » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:01 am

... you meet a foreigner IR and your first thought is 'Oh wow, Zamordek' :mrgreen:
“Man sacrifices his health in order to make money.
Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. He is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”
Marian

Postby Marian » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:15 pm

Alutka wrote:... you meet a foreigner IR and your first thought is 'Oh wow, Zamordek' :mrgreen:

I know what that means in game, but it google doesn't know what to make of it or zamordki. So it's purely a Cantr-ism, but I'm curious about the actual origin of it.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:36 pm

I think it comes from zamorski - overseas.
Not-so-sad panda
Alutka

Postby Alutka » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:32 pm

Marian wrote:
Alutka wrote:... you meet a foreigner IR and your first thought is 'Oh wow, Zamordek' :mrgreen:

I know what that means in game, but it google doesn't know what to make of it or zamordki. So it's purely a Cantr-ism, but I'm curious about the actual origin of it.

Yes, it is a Cantri-ism. There is no such word as Zamordek in Polish.

SekoETC wrote:I think it comes from zamorski - overseas.

Wow, my jaw dropped now. How do you know that? :shock:
Yeah, it's one of the possibilities. Seems like actually no one knows where the word comes from, and this is one of the hypotheses. The other is that the word comes from word 'morda' meaning face, but in an informal, slightly offensive way, maybe like 'mug'?
Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. He is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:42 pm

S and D are right next to each other on the keyboard, too. Who knows? :lol:
Read about my characters by following this link.
Rebma

Postby Rebma » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:53 pm

Some iG mistake that played out well, like when for the longest time in Doryiskom Polish people were called 'Jestems'.

I like this zamorski theory.
kronos wrote:like a nice trim is totally fine. short, neat. I don't want to be fighting through the forests of fangorn and expecting treebeard to come and show me the way in
Alutka

Postby Alutka » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:05 pm

*Wiro wrote:S and D are right next to each other on the keyboard, too. Who knows? :lol:

Yeah, the only problem is that 'zamorski' is an adjective in singular, while 'zamordki' is a noun in plural, which makes me doubt that the name comes from a misspelling. I think that it is rather an intentional word-play.

For some reason the name makes sense. When I started playing Cantr and heard the word for the first time, I had no doubts what it meant, even though it was used in a sentence like 'Beware of Zamordki', which doesn't realy imply what Zamordki means. Whoever invented the name was a genius.

Rebma wrote:Some iG mistake that played out well, like when for the longest time in Doryiskom Polish people were called 'Jestems'.

Yeah, I heard that name and it always makes me laugh.
KVZ
Players Dept. Member

Postby KVZ » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:29 pm

Alutka wrote:
*Wiro wrote:S and D are right next to each other on the keyboard, too. Who knows? :lol:

Yeah, the only problem is that 'zamorski' is an adjective in singular, while 'zamordki' is a noun in plural, which makes me doubt that the name comes from a misspelling. I think that it is rather an intentional word-play.

For some reason the name makes sense. When I started playing Cantr and heard the word for the first time, I had no doubts what it meant, even though it was used in a sentence like 'Beware of Zamordki', which doesn't realy imply what Zamordki means. Whoever invented the name was a genius.

Rebma wrote:Some iG mistake that played out well, like when for the longest time in Doryiskom Polish people were called 'Jestems'.

Yeah, I heard that name and it always makes me laugh.

Actually my character knew character who invented this word, and it was new word, not misspelling, and it came from "zamorski" but few characters suspected it comes from a word "zamordyzm".
Corruption born inside. I'm part of dark side / A.F.K. / We'll steal your dreams and control your minds
https://twitter.com/DukeKVZ / http://www.futurerp.net/pages/link.php?id=24880
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Postby Snickie » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:36 am

When you build a map on another game based on a map of Cantr.
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Postby Snickie » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:40 pm

Snickie is going to double post because she needs help.

Snickie has gone one step further in the game and is going around renaming all the pre-loaded characters and assigning them to alliances. Snickie needs to know about the history of Treefeather, namely Klojt/Doryiskom and the Emerald Republic. And maybe Pok Desert West. Snickie will accept PMs at this time.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:29 pm

I'll try to reply in about 11 hours. It's too late at night now to write such a long message.
Not-so-sad panda
Ahrta

Postby Ahrta » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:04 pm

I was explaining where a local town is IRL.... and told my friend it was east.....its south.....

Return to “General Discussion”