Violence, Violence, and more Violence

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Alcatraz

Postby Alcatraz » Thu Nov 20, 2003 8:26 am

You've all got it wrong. The system shall be thus:

You may strike a person once a day. Every time you strike someone, a different person, randomly selected, is killed. Then, the weapons on the corpse all combine to hit you, dealing you significant damage. It the weapon was held by anyone else that day, you may hit them a second time.

Sound fair?

Perhaps there should be an element of damage deviation in there.
sammigurl61190

Postby sammigurl61190 » Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:20 am

I just think the entire Krif situation is out of control--and so does Rachel.
new.vogue.nightmare

Postby new.vogue.nightmare » Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:26 pm

.west. wrote:Do you have ANY characters that aren't mass-murdering fxckheads?

Now honvl's trying to send insulting messages to people on the forums, too ^^ I think this is just someone who dislikes Cantr and wants to make it less fun for everyone.
Sicofonte wrote:SLURP, SLURP, SLURP...

<Kimidori> esperanto is sooooo sexy^^^^
Meh

Postby Meh » Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:43 pm

Alcatraz wrote:You've all got it wrong. The system shall be thus:

You may strike a person once a day. Every time you strike someone, a different person, randomly selected, is killed. Then, the weapons on the corpse all combine to hit you, dealing you significant damage. It the weapon was held by anyone else that day, you may hit them a second time.

Sound fair?

:lol:
ephiroll

Postby ephiroll » Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:28 pm

Sound fair?

I don't get this, why should a randomly selected person be killed? And why would all the weapons on the corpse hit you? A corpse can't use a weapon, and even if it could it's impossible to use more then one weapon at a time. None of this really makes any sense.
http://www.ephiroll.com
Jeremiah 'Jerry' Donaldson
rklenseth

Postby rklenseth » Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:43 pm

ephiroll wrote:

Sound fair?

I don't get this, why should a randomly selected person be killed? And why would all the weapons on the corpse hit you? A corpse can't use a weapon, and even if it could it's impossible to use more then one weapon at a time. None of this really makes any sense.

I just thought he was joking but is he really serious about this?
watermelonnose

Postby watermelonnose » Thu Nov 20, 2003 4:10 pm

My idea to slow down mass killings, :( which in my opinion make for a bad RP experience, would be to allow a character to attack only once per turn. This way a character gets only 8 attacks per day.... this will automatically factor in fighting fatigue.

When you engage in combat with another armed person you shouldn't be able to take you attention off of that and run around and strike everyone in the field of battle. :x

When you strike in a town with an armed population the people are not going to just stand there an let you whack them. They will normally run and hide. This change gives them a better chance to do that.

This turn delay in attacking would give characters time to escape or respond back in a more organized fashion. the attacker may be able to get one or two but not be able to hit everyone before it is even known that an attack is happening.

Another option that would be interesting would be to introduce a parry option. An attacked character can use some of their strength on deflecting the blow thus increasing the effectiveness of the shield, but then their subsequent return blow would have less force.
Alcatraz

Postby Alcatraz » Thu Nov 20, 2003 5:05 pm

Seriously, I don't see any problems with the current violence system. I find problems with the shielding system, but that's mostly it. The system takes into account that players are not awake all the time and allows significant time for a return blow. Any automated response would take away from your character as an individual.

Perhaps, instead of killing a random person, it should fully heal them. This way, you hurt a person you choose, and the other criminal gets healed. This healed one can then strike you twice :-D.

That way you don't accidentally kill yourself or your empire.

I think more random events should happen. While travelling, there should be a percentage chance of you falling down and sabre-ing yourself. While manufacturing steel, it is possible to accidentally smelt your arm off and get an additional 10 grams of steel. And even while bike riding, it's possible for your trowel to get a life of it's own and destroy your bike.

Perhaps even spontaneous generation/destruction type things. I'd be very amused if more buildings changed locations at will. And characters, newly spawned, being magically transported to the desert?

Delightful!
Meh

Postby Meh » Thu Nov 20, 2003 5:47 pm

Alcatraz wrote:Any automated response would take away from your character as an individual.

An with hitting back. I agree. Now running is antoher matter. Once a manic starts at you your first instinct is to run, no player invlovement needed. Unless you have decided in advance that that chracter will not run and is brave.

Random events would be fun. I was thinking of personal ones like sneezing, coughing, anf hiccuping. Not too often to make it annoying.
Alcatraz

Postby Alcatraz » Thu Nov 20, 2003 5:59 pm

If running was implemented, that would be an instinct of your character. The first one implemented, in fact. If this were done, I'd want others done too. Or other random events would also satisfy me. I want to be able to hope that the group of criminals chasing my poor little character with war bows might walk into the wrong building and end up on a longboat in the middle of the sea, or perhaps that their war bows will catch on fire and turn into 350 grams of charcoal.
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:29 pm

Sound fair?

not really fair, and very unrealistic.
new.vogue.nightmare

Postby new.vogue.nightmare » Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:45 pm

How about, when you hit someone, a bunch of hard-faced men in black suits roughly awaken Solfius from his sleep and shine a glaring light in his face, then drag him off to a secret government facility to be a guinea pig for some gruesome experiments?

Sorry, I was just expanding on what Solfius quoted ^^

west

Postby west » Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:48 pm

*smack* Back in your cage, Oni! Back, I say!

No more peyote for breakfast for YOU!
I'm not dead; I'm dormant.
new.vogue.nightmare

Postby new.vogue.nightmare » Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:54 pm

*stabmaimsouldevour*
<evil vox> NEVERRRR!!!!! </evil vox>

:twisted:

sammigurl61190

Postby sammigurl61190 » Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:05 pm

I just think there should be no violence at all--a peaceful Cantr.

God, that's so goody-two-shoes--NOT!!!! LMAO

Return to “General Discussion”