When Cantr is down

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

CrashBlizz

Re: When Cantr is down

Postby CrashBlizz » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:47 pm

SekoETC wrote:I doubt there's going to be a rollback after all, although the dead people will most likely be resurrected. This is not an official statement, at the moment it just seems it might be easier that way.

Can I add a few names to the list of people to resurrect? There's a few old charries I'd like back. :D
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:15 pm

To be sure, resurrecting those affected characters will be exceedingly ugly (they will lose all their dynamic memory and their items will have fallen). A rollback is still preferable. I certainly don't look forward to playing 10 characters with amnesia and having all my stuff stolen. Also, how to explain to everyone they know how they just died and are back? I can make that fun with one character, not ten.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
Slowness_Incarnate

Postby Slowness_Incarnate » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:16 pm

Yeah I just checked my e-mail, kinda laughed when I saw what character of mine died.
CrashBlizz

Postby CrashBlizz » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:17 pm

They're zombies, quick, kill them all!!!!! :twisted:
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:31 pm

Doug R. wrote:To be sure, resurrecting those affected characters will be exceedingly ugly (they will lose all their dynamic memory and their items will have fallen). A rollback is still preferable. I certainly don't look forward to playing 10 characters with amnesia and having all my stuff stolen. Also, how to explain to everyone they know how they just died and are back? I can make that fun with one character, not ten.

Well, deleting the death events would be easy. Also stuff on the ground could be moved back to the inventories but in a place like Dory where at least 17 people seem to have died, if I'm allowed to say this, figuring out who was holding what might be pretty difficult.
Not-so-sad panda
Slowness_Incarnate

Postby Slowness_Incarnate » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:38 pm

That is exactly where I had a character die, and she had a lot of stuff I think. I'm in that enormous pile of LOL ridiculous amount of items.
Surly

Postby Surly » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:39 pm

colonel wrote:Will there be cookies there?
You know, I was wondering what happened to him earlier, when Arenti was pumping his post count... :P

You know what's wrong? My first reaction was "How come none of mine got killed?" :oops:
Formerly known as "The Surly Cantrian"
Former CD chair, former MD chair, former RD member, former Personnel Officer, former GAB member.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:56 pm

Are you disappointed? *eyebrow* I was relieved none of mine got hit. I would've assumed it was that person who was posting warnings in the wiki.
Not-so-sad panda
Rumaan

Postby Rumaan » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:58 pm

What did you guys receive in your death reports? - that your char has died of starvation, that they had a heart attack or something more interesting like that they were struck by a thunderbolt?

Anyway, if there is going to be a rollback is it possible for the game admins to send the daily reports for the past two-three days? They can add a note like "the stuff that didn't really happen" or "your characters dreamt the following".
Illey

Postby Illey » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:04 pm

I hope long, boring conversations won't be repeated :roll:
Last edited by Illey on Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CrashBlizz

Postby CrashBlizz » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:05 pm

All of my carries are fine but if its looking like cantr will be down long past the 18th then I don't think I will be. I'd of gone nuts from boredom by then.

Can't we just carry on in the forums? A topic for each town?
mojomuppet

Postby mojomuppet » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:15 pm

Hopefully I'll still care enough to play by then :(
3005-7.35: You expertly kill a giraffe using a bare fist.

Keegan Ingrassia

Postby Keegan Ingrassia » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:17 pm

By the 18th, I'll have long since forgotten the long, boring, political conversations that happened the last day or two.
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.

Bis vivit qui bene.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:24 pm

I don't think you see anything if you die non-violently. It's been said that technically the people died of starvation, but they were still eating so they wouldn't get a "you are hungry" message that might be the last thing normally starved people would see, provided that there wasn't other stuff that happened between the eating and the death. There is no event for "you died" since it already says that in the email subject.
Not-so-sad panda
Pirate Lass

Postby Pirate Lass » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:58 pm

I'm glad none of mine died, I have a brief 10 minutes that I was checking things before the game went into lock down. I was trying to figure out why one of my charries got attacked by 7 animals in a row, but figured that when the animal attacks got turned on that they were making up for lost time.

Return to “General Discussion”