Interesting Thing I noticed

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

rklenseth

Postby rklenseth » Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:35 am

I'm not having a parade.

And it's already snowing here. So no rain, please.
kroner

Postby kroner » Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:41 am

creating government is hard. especially when you want it to represent the people..... but they won't tell you what they want *rips out tufts of hair*
DOOM!
rklenseth

Postby rklenseth » Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:51 am

Not everyone is going to want the same thing.
kroner

Postby kroner » Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:56 am

but my character still needs to know what all the things they want are in order to better serve them, but barely anyone will speak up. it's just weird.
DOOM!
rklenseth

Postby rklenseth » Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:59 am

hmmm....Maybe they are planning to take you out of power behind your back. Kill them all and you'll know. They always leave evidence behind.
new.vogue.nightmare

Postby new.vogue.nightmare » Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:00 am

:twisted:
Sicofonte wrote:SLURP, SLURP, SLURP...

<Kimidori> esperanto is sooooo sexy^^^^
kroner

Postby kroner » Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:02 am

yeah, i suppose it's possible. there certainly is a lot of whispering going on there....*shifty eyes* and he can't find his shield either....
DOOM!
g1asswa1ker

Postby g1asswa1ker » Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:06 am

aj - killed in Sring-sri him I really don't know why.
Iam Hades - Ladvicitavoi apparently it's illegal to breath.
Sandy Sappel - Naron another attempted at joining the ladvicitavoi life might have made it if she had the chance to live but then you know the whole thing with the mass murder in Naron.
Pvt-Terra Grimm - Naron another loss to the Ladvicitavoi empire I was actually trying with this one.
GIJOE - Blaman Mountains I got lost so much so that I starved to death.
Darrak Dragon - Ladvicitavoi Forest (north) Um lets see you freak'n killed him. After all he went through for your empire you freak'n killed him. Yes, I understood your reasons but you don't seem to understand mine.
James Shaver - Quillanoi (south) I had no clue as to what to do with him so he also starved.
Larry Flint - Blaman Mountains (Querk side) have you seen it up there it gets really confuseing.
Brady Morgan - Quillanoi Forest (west) died trying to talk sense and peace with someone with a saber. Life sucks then you die. I guess!
Eric Dragon - Kirinn Forest I am not to sure about this one would really like to know how and why this one was killed off which reminds............

So, yes your right I haven't tried but why should I most of the old players are set in there ways and the new ones are just as bad. So, when I get someone one the new Island armed up I guess I'll just have to hold a dictator oh wait thats been tried now how do you get something new started when 90% of the others are just going to use the tried and true so they can have their five mins in the lime light.
Somehow you strayed and lost your way,
and now there'll be no time to play,
no time for joy,
no time for friends
- not even time to make amends.
You are too naïve if you do believe life is innocent laughter and fun.
rklenseth

Postby rklenseth » Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:07 am

Well, I think this belongs on the "you know you're screwed when" topic. :lol:
g1asswa1ker

Postby g1asswa1ker » Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:09 am

Oh yeah and Richard PenDragon. Still alive for the next 9 years at least. But you never know he may get out some how. maybe if he figures out how to turn a bone in to a key or a picklock.
no time for joy,
no time for friends
g1asswa1ker

Postby g1asswa1ker » Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:10 am

No it fits here as well. But then again what would I know.
no time for joy,
no time for friends
rklenseth

Postby rklenseth » Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:17 am

Well you have to get other characters to agree with you. I don't think it's the players that are set in there ways but the characters. Plus, if you don't like how things are ran in one place then move your character and try something new elsewhere but then you would have to get other characters to agree with you or you are a one man team.

Falkirk Corla - Assassinated by Korgan Bloodaxe, Craktar, and Maynard Leeward on a diplomatic visit to Krif.

Tyuil Juiad - Hurt by a madman in Djorf Hills then killed by one of Craktar's men.

Zak DoUrden - Killed after telling Emperor Alex Romanov where to shove his Empire. (And yes, Sester helped execute him too).

Hogan Blight - Murdered by agents from Ladvicitavoi.

Hadden Retoul - Killed by the Mac Gregor Clan in Krif Hills becuase they thought he was a spy for Emperor Simons (which he wasn't).

Thomas Covenant - Murdered by Randal Crandon and Erin Yest because they thought he had government supplies on him and in his building (which he did not) and I believe Erin Yest for different reasons.

Anyone else want to share?
g1asswa1ker

Postby g1asswa1ker » Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:26 am

rklenseth
Zak DoUrden - Killed after telling Emperor Alex Romanov where to shove his Empire. (And yes, Sester helped execute him too).

Yes you can have this type of interesting rp but then again your so far up the food chain the I'm sure you have lots of what you want and are free enough to move around in that location.

But I digress I'm just miffed so please don't take me as insulting.
no time for joy,
no time for friends
kroner

Postby kroner » Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:31 am

None dead yet. :D But I haven't been playing all that long. I currently have 7 characters. Jenny Wong was nearly killed on 3 occasions, but she's still going. I don't know how long this streak will last though...
DOOM!
rklenseth

Postby rklenseth » Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:36 am

Yes, I see.

I play Sester's personality which does not resemble mine at all. He is very loyal to the Empire or his vision of the Empire. And yes, Sester is quite a ways up the food chain but he worked for his place there. There was once a time when he was a measly private in Imperial Guard. He does have a lot of free movement as General but then again all those that are loyal to him also have that free movement. :wink:

I think a lot people are more concerned about ways of making their character's lives better and keeping them alive. And they miss the personalities of their characters and what they would do in the situation. I'm not going to lie to you but I hate to see my character's die but if they die doing something they would do and not just me trying to save their life (and not because someone decided to break the Capital Rule) then I'm fine with it. It adds to the drama of the story that is Cantr.

And the two characters that came anywhere close to resembling my personalities were Thomas Covenant and Falkirk Corla who are now dead. I think Gajaq Veraq, my new character, might come to resemble my me a little bit more though I have never have had a character that resemble me fully because I think that would be quite boring because I deal with me in real life all the time. It is always fun to put yourself into the shoes of another person that is different then you and play out their actions and not your own.

Return to “General Discussion”