Cantr Dreams

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

SekoETC

Re: Cantr Dreams

Postby SekoETC » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:54 am

I had a dream I was attacking a place similar to Navarro in Fallout 2. Funny because it's been years since I played it, and over a week since I read the walkthrough last time.
Not-so-sad panda
Rugila

Postby Rugila » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:59 am

Last night, i had a Cantr related dream.
It was about the leatherglove clan and the Sysimetsä (Finnish zone)

In the dream, the Sysimetsä attacked Leathergloves and emerged victorious over Askola and then our capital, the leatherglove castle, as a last Leatherglove alive my character to escape them.
Then after a few years, when i had finished plotting and rolling in self-pity. I came back there to reclaim the Leatherglove castle but noone was there.. It was dead quiet.. I woke up just in the moment as someone called my character from behind its back and my character was about to draw his trusty steel longsword.

Prophecy? ... Hope not.
Rugila

Postby Rugila » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:45 pm

Last night. I had a very strange Cantr dream.

My character and two of my business partners where on a car. Where were driving into somewhere, no one never said where.
It was raining hard and the land was pretty much flooded around us. So we couldn't see anything else except the road we where supposed to drive.
We drove around the place and we where in search of riches, treasures, pieces of history about Stone knights and the history of Pok desert in general.
At one point we stopped and jumped out of the car. I can remember clear words.
'So, you are coming with us, then?'
'It ain't dangerous, just a small dive and we'll be rich!'
'But, but, I am not sure if its completely safe.'

My character turned around and sighed. She couldn't decide.
Something in the deep dark water felt evil.. Something that wanted to harm her.
After she was about to turn to answer to her business partners. I woke up.

First time in my life.. I had a dream in English! :D
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:49 pm

Last night I had a brief Cantr dream that all Polish characters were Muslims and couldn't make sexy clothing because it would be a sin.
Not-so-sad panda
Chroma Key

Postby Chroma Key » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:50 pm

I just laughed so hard at that!!!! :lol:
"She could make something sound stupid just by hearing it.”
"For a short moment there, you almost sounded human."
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:55 pm

This isn't cantr related, other than that I was on a green field, but I dreamt I was in a medieval battle and my weapon was a elongated sack filled with rocks. I was bashing people with it, and I remember distinctly not knowing whose side they were on, since everyone was dressed more or less the same. There was a little elf guy following me and finishing off anyone that I hit. I remember trying to block the arrows from hitting him.

The sack of rocks must have been a cantr pillow.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:53 am

So the reason I'm awake at 3:30 am is that I had a dream one of my characters was in a building with someone else and mentioned something positive about themselves in third person, then the other person they were talking to got angry and said X is a bad man and should be in jail, not knowing that my character actually is X. Then my character was in a hurry to get out of the building before someone would call him by his name and reveal his identity. He goes outside and tells his friend it's time to leave, and also "Call me Captain". The friend is like "Okay Captain". My character goes to the harbor and accidentally enters a ship/boat that's not his. There's someone inside. He gets out and apologizes. There's a window so everybody in town hears it, although he didn't specify what he's apologizing for. Then I search the list for (raker), go through it and realize the ship isn't there. It makes me wake up. Only now I realize that it's actually a galleon and thus searching for raker wouldn't make sense, but I couldn't remember what it was called in the dream. I came here and checked the character, but nothing out of the ordinary seemed to have happened, so I saw no need to check the harbor.
Not-so-sad panda
Rugila

Postby Rugila » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:42 am

I really felt a bit sad after waking up from this Cantr dream.

It was raining heavily. My character was driving a car somewhere. The road was a highway. It was easy to control the vehicle, but you really couldn't see what's in front of you. Other than that there is a road and no other vehicles.
My character was driving with a friend sitting next to her.

The friend asked 'But, how can you live with yourself?'
My character answered 'Just don't think about it. It's all beneficial'
The friend replied 'But no, no, no, no'
After that. Something heavy hit the car from nowhere and sends it spinning around into somewhere. It felt like they both died.
Then i woke up.
NancyLee

Postby NancyLee » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:50 am

I had a pretty surreal dream where real life situations and cantr characters blended and I woke to a scene where Wesley Turner and Salty Travers were singing Desperados waiting for a train... I found it cute, since I always imagined a Jennings'-like voice for Salty and Wesley sounded more high-pitched to me in a very Nelson's style even when he was young, so now that he should be in his 80s-90s I find it even more accurate.
“Nothing is absolute. Everything changes, everything moves, everything revolves, everything flies and goes away.”
― Frida Kahlo
Joshuamonkey
Owner/GAB Chair/HR Chair/ProgD

Postby Joshuamonkey » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:07 am

Going through one of my mission journals I came upon a dream I had about Cantr after being in the mission (and not being on Cantr) for over a year and a half. I wrote:
"I dreamed that I logged back into Cantr II. There were small differences in the outerface. My characters had run out of food, but they were still alive, and there seemed to be nothing around, not even notes, and a few people."
It seems that my dream was right about the interface changing. (I don't know why I used the word outerface, but I had been away from English for a while.)

Also, last month I had a dream about one of my current characters. I didn't remember the dream very well other than the fact that she had her bus with her.
Joshuamonkey's Blog
http://doryiskom.myminicity.com/
https://writealyze.com
"Don't be afraid to be different, but be as good as you can be." - President James E. Faust
I'm LDS, play the cello, and run.
miirkaelisaar

Postby miirkaelisaar » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:56 pm

Oh thank God! I thought I was going insane but here's a whole ten page thread! Whew...

Oh man, I have so many dreams about Cantr, it's creepy. Last night I remember having a normal dream, about myself, or something.. in the desert, I don't know.. just like normal (though technically all my dreams are very not-normal, cantr dreams are the closest to real-life dreams I ever have LOL). But in the back of my mind I distinctly remember I was playing Cantr, and on one character, her friend and another leader-ish person, suddenly walked down the road and left, and my character was annoyed. But when I think about this, I swear to God it happened, it was a memory of playing the game, not a dream. But it had to be, because that person never left and is still standing there. Like so Cantr is invading my other dreams, I'm actually.. taking a break from my real dream to get online and play Cantr. That's really trippy @__@ And then I have a lot of dreams where my characters will have full conversations with other characters, that never happened, but when I realize they never happened, I can't remember it being a dream because it seemed so vivid, just a computer screen like real life, nothing super weird happened, always normal things that could have actually happened, so it tricks me and I get really confused what's real and what's not XD

Okay but here's a really really freaking weird thing...

I have a character who's been mute for like 15 years or something. There are times, I can be totally wide awake, alert, and sober... and I forget that I can talk. I forget I'm not my muted character and I have a voice, I'll smile and nod at someone, or mouth something to them, and then realize "Oh wait. I can talk." Please tell me other people have done this at least once, 'cause it kinda freaks me out =S Also I mean, I have a blind character that's older than the mute character, and I don't act blind, and I have a mentally handicapped character but I don't act mentally handicapped. So this is kinda weird... I don't get it, I think I need help O__o
“No institution can function smoothly if there is disunity among it's members.”
Genie
LO - Turkish/RD - Tailor

Postby Genie » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:58 pm

I don't have cantr dreams since years, now I feel a little jealous.
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
Edgar Allan Poe
Vega

Postby Vega » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:48 am

I've been dreaming a lot about Cantr lately, though most of the times I just dream I'm playing, pick my phone, read the events... and then, when I really do it, I get confused because those things never happened...

Tonight it was more of a "normal" dream. I was with my family at a Blackrock town. And I needed a shower badly, so I was around looking for a bathroom I could use. And there I went, inside their headquarters, where there was a bunch of Blackrocks around a table having fun. And then the Rau arrived a bit grumpy, so I sneaked somewhere else...

I reached the Rau's rooms (three. A bedroom, a bathroom and a third one, not sure what was it. The doors were awesome, white with the name of the room in a mural using the whole door, and with lots of colors) but, of course, they were a big no. So time to go out and keep looking.

At the end, (some other things happened a bit unrelated, in the meanwhile, but I was still around with my towel, looking for the bath) I found a building like their barracks. It was almost empty, except for Blackrocks I knew, so I tried there. It was less bad than the Rau's, at least...

But when I finished my bath, I had left my clothes outside (?) and when I tried to open the door, something like a thick spiderweb got stuck around my fingers. I took it off but some yellow things remained, like eggs. I washed my hands, then, rubbing the fingers one by one, and each time I rubbed them, they hurt and itched a lot, the eggs would hatch and bugs would start covering my hands and grow very fast. And I was so scared and disgusted than my only thought was to get rid of them... Soon the sink was full of something like huge beetles.

I think I remember something like one of the Blackrocks yelling at me for releasing those beasts, but the shock had been big enough and I woke up.

Rau, please, ask your guys to clean the bathrooms...
Quebec Lima Delta November
Something like a story
Rebma

Postby Rebma » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:51 am

Oh my gosh I am almost dying with laughter about that dream Vega.
kronos wrote:like a nice trim is totally fine. short, neat. I don't want to be fighting through the forests of fangorn and expecting treebeard to come and show me the way in
Vega

Postby Vega » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:53 am

Actually, it was quite fun, except for the bugs part...
Quebec Lima Delta November
Something like a story

Return to “General Discussion”