Game changes - discussion about implemented changes.

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Rocket Frog

Re: Game changes - discussion about implemented changes.

Postby Rocket Frog » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:59 am

It doesn't have to be all at once. We could go in stages actually. After all, we started discussing rot on things and we ended discussing skills, crafts, locks and lockpicking, fighting,...
PaintedbyRoses

Postby PaintedbyRoses » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:55 pm

I don't think we have to worry about suggesting too much. I assume that the staff with sort through the suggestions and, if they are accepted, they will implement them when possible.

I like the suggestions made so far except that, again, they tend to favor the rich and make things harder for the poor/average character and for the smaller communities. Please keep in mind how things affect these characters.
Chris

Postby Chris » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:56 am

Reboot the game with some major changes. That would bring a lot of former players back to check it out.

The current world and its characters are doomed to stagnate. Any major change will feel punishing, but minor tweaks are not enough to get the player population back to a viable level.
PaintedbyRoses

Postby PaintedbyRoses » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:16 am

Chris wrote:Reboot the game with some major changes. That would bring a lot of former players back to check it out.

The current world and its characters are doomed to stagnate. Any major change will feel punishing, but minor tweaks are not enough to get the player population back to a viable level.
I agree and so do a lot of players but the more established players with characters who have been around for a long time would rather see the game disappear completely than loose their beloved characters for the good of the game. It doesn't really make sense but they seem to hold the power so we all have to live with it.
Rocket Frog

Postby Rocket Frog » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:19 pm

Im a new player, but im really attached to my characters actually. I can't even consider the possibility of a reboot.

Why not, instead, put the necessary mechanics into the game for the things to tend to revert to their natural state? Vehicles decay, buildings decay, ships decay, etc.
A reboot would do the same, bit it's not necessary to bring an apocalypse for things to change. The game has an actual cultural richness that's awesome. That all would be lost.

The problem here is the game asking tons of time for doing simple stuff. Tons of time for maintaining and repairing even your simplest gear, and in general asking lots of time for making everything. But once you make it, it can be eternal.

What i think the game needs is faster ticks, faster production, but also decay; and faster decay. Like if you produce a damnillon kilos of potatoes but you dont use them in a year, they spoil and rot away. No matter where they are. That way the richness of a town wouldn't be the centuries of accumulated wealth, but the social interaction and the dynamic day to day events.

Sleepy towns would turn poorer then, while more active communities would prospere. And not just that, but sleepy places would also revert to the wild and virgin state of things if people dont repair the buildings and vehicles.
Rocket Frog

Postby Rocket Frog » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:26 pm

I got another idea here: electrically powered can machine. You can can food and stufd, but the can will decay too and you cant prevent it and once it decays totally the content will do it too. So you can store food for more time, but at some price. And even with that it will rot away.
Tiamo

Postby Tiamo » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:15 pm

The list of possible changes/improvements is endless. What should be done first is to fix the main flaws that obstruct proper gameplay: find a proper speed of events/developments, create a balanced & interesting combat system, get rid of the clogging (in many, many ways), create a feeling of vividness again.
I think ...
Rocket Frog

Postby Rocket Frog » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:21 pm

Tiamo wrote:The list of possible changes/improvements is endless. What should be done first is to fix the main flaws that obstruct proper gameplay: find a proper speed of events/developments, create a balanced & interesting combat system, get rid of the clogging (in many, many ways), create a feeling of vividness again.

Totally with you.
viktor

Postby viktor » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:16 am

delete
Tiamo

Postby Tiamo » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:33 am

Do/will trains have engines? Will the (steam) engine consume water, alongside coal? I cannot find anything about this.

Great game addition, b.t.w.!
I think ...
Greek
Programming Dept. Member/Translator-Polish

Postby Greek » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:03 am

Hello. Train controls work as both the tool to work on to make the train faster and as train's engine. Only coal is consumed, because consuming multiple fuels at once was considered, but it was too complex problem to solve only for trains.
‘Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! You think we should try to get a decent mail service in the city. I think we should try to send letters anywhere in the world! Because if we fail, I’d rather fail really hugely’
Tiamo

Postby Tiamo » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:09 am

Ah, ok. Thanks.

Edit: how about coal and water create steam, steam is consumed as fuel?
I think ...
Millhouse

Postby Millhouse » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:46 pm

Has random deviation on resource gathering been removed since the implementation of harvesting variation? I have a character gathering hemp, normal harvest and the end results for the last three days has always ended with exactly 850 grams. That almost never happens so sequentially. It could just be RNG in my favor but with it happening so soon after a major change I thought maybe there's some correlation.
alecto

Postby alecto » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:00 am

I'm curious about how using reins applies to travel on steeds now. Or is it the same, with the project tick applying the boost before the travel tick, just more often?
Tiamo

Postby Tiamo » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:19 am

Not sure, but i think the reins boost starts after a single (shortened) tick in stead of the 3 hour tick. So there is less delay getting up to speed now.

Edit: checked it. At new tick speed now, so starting real quick, indeed.
I think ...

Return to “General Discussion”