Things that make you cringe in Cantr

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Players Department Trainee

raspberrytea

Re: Things that make you cringe in Cantr

Postby raspberrytea » Wed May 16, 2018 3:32 am

Akulli wrote:... I guess I'm just the sort of person who likes for her characters to be with someone I've been roleplaying with for awhile so I know my characters enjoy their company...

...They'll take whatever they can get from their partner, but they don't put in any effort besides romancing someone. And I sort of feel bad for their partner, because the girl's don't seem to like them for who they are, but because they seem willing. They could be replaced with anyone else and the girl wouldn't notice or care.

This too! I play a lot of male characters and some of them get women practically throwing themselves in their direction without any set up or "real" interaction. :( Let my characters even have the chance to fall for yours! The chances of it are high if you're fun to roleplay with! As a player I'll totally find excuses in my character's personalities and lives to fit you in! But there needs to be something there first.
GoldenApple

Postby GoldenApple » Wed May 16, 2018 10:07 am

the_antisocial_hermit wrote:
Akulli wrote:
raspberrytea wrote:All the well-proportioned ladies with moderate but attractive bosoms, luscious lips, perfect heights, neat waists, attractive smiles, glittering eyes, and silky smooth locks of velvety hair.

I can't. I really can't. THERE ARE SO MANY.

On another note, and I know this is just people's personal style of roleplay and to each their own and all, but... lately I've noticed a lot of girls spawning in and the first thing they do is target the first awake male and flirt with him. If that doesn't work, they go for the first willing guy that's readily available. And okay, I get that sometimes it's fun to roleplay with a romantic partner, but at the same time I guess I'm just the sort of person who likes for her characters to be with someone I've been roleplaying with for awhile so I know my characters enjoy their company. (Also, I'm a bit of a literature snob and I think decent grammar and full sentences are more attractive... it's a fault of mine, and I know I tend to view shorthand writing a bit critically)

What I'm getting at I guess is that these characters don't tend to be very ambitious on their own. They'll take whatever they can get from their partner, but they don't put in any effort besides romancing someone. And I sort of feel bad for their partner, because the girl's don't seem to like them for who they are, but because they seem willing. They could be replaced with anyone else and the girl wouldn't notice or care. If that makes sense...

It makes a lot of sense.. no one likes to feel like they just fill a hole or checks a requirement for someone else's life. It's kind of sad to see that be the immediate focus for so many. I've noticed some guys tend to be a bit the same way or don't know how to let go of a relationship if the girl wants to end it (no matter whether she ignores them or tells them to f--- off or what), and that gets old, too (newsflash: it’s not romantic, it’s crappy and abusive behavior). Then there's also the flip side of that where the girls refuse to pay attention to the signs that someone's not interested. I get that happens in RL, too, but the frequency is kind of sad and overdone. There are so many kinds of fun relationships to play besides just romantic ones.

This always makes me cringe, especially when the person behind the player spawns characters and you can tell it's the same person because they immediately start trying to get into a relationship or they believe it's a relationship just because someone flirts with them and then get pissy when that's not the case and it ends up in drama for innocent bystanders.

Another peeve, people who try to shift the way a town may have been rping before they arrived instead of accepting that is the way the people are. Just leave it alone. One of the best rp I've had in this game was playing with a town who chose to be more primitive even though they could've easily gotten all the iron, steel, silk whatever but it can be boring being like everyone else. Just respect other people's choice of play especially if it's hurting nothing but your giant ego.
Neva

Postby Neva » Thu May 17, 2018 12:43 am

GoldenApple wrote:This always makes me cringe, especially when the person behind the player spawns characters and you can tell it's the same person because they immediately start trying to get into a relationship or they believe it's a relationship just because someone flirts with them and then get pissy when that's not the case and it ends up in drama for innocent bystanders.

Another peeve, people who try to shift the way a town may have been rping before they arrived instead of accepting that is the way the people are. Just leave it alone. One of the best rp I've had in this game was playing with a town who chose to be more primitive even though they could've easily gotten all the iron, steel, silk whatever but it can be boring being like everyone else. Just respect other people's choice of play especially if it's hurting nothing but your giant ego.

They don't belong to a single player, there are 4 players who play the same archetype with 15 characters for each. That's why they're everywhere.
GoldenApple

Postby GoldenApple » Thu May 17, 2018 8:04 am

Neva wrote:
GoldenApple wrote:This always makes me cringe, especially when the person behind the player spawns characters and you can tell it's the same person because they immediately start trying to get into a relationship or they believe it's a relationship just because someone flirts with them and then get pissy when that's not the case and it ends up in drama for innocent bystanders.

They don't belong to a single player, there are 4 players who play the same archetype with 15 characters for each. That's why they're everywhere.

Yikes, are you serious? That's even worse. But would make sense why I keep running into them. :/

Return to “General Discussion”