Kills

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

ephiroll

Postby ephiroll » Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:59 pm

...I can't even begin to think of how many chars I've killed as a player...I'd have to guess that Senacca has probly killed more then 100 by himself. But violence is for many different reasons, and playing someone who absolutly won't strike someone is just as unrealistic as playing someone that kills every single person they come across, violence is part of life and since Cantr is a society simulater it is only expected that violence be a part of it.
http://www.ephiroll.com
Jeremiah 'Jerry' Donaldson
new.vogue.nightmare

Postby new.vogue.nightmare » Tue Dec 02, 2003 12:03 am

Actually, I might some day make a very realistic serial killer type. ^__^ However, that would probably have to wait until combat skills are implemented, or surprise attacks or something.
Sicofonte wrote:SLURP, SLURP, SLURP...

<Kimidori> esperanto is sooooo sexy^^^^
Pirog

Postby Pirog » Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:37 am

But violence is for many different reasons, and playing someone who absolutly won't strike someone is just as unrealistic as playing someone that kills every single person they come across..

Um, I don't agree with that.
There are plenty of people who wouldn't kill people under any circumstance, but the amount of people killing others without no motive, just because the oppurtunity arises are incredibly rare.

I'm not saying that killing people in Cantr is wrong, but killing them for OOC reasons, just because you find the idea of killing others characters (this seems very usual) is in my view immature and bad RPing.
kroner

Postby kroner » Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:56 am

I only have one kill.... it was with a billy club....
DOOM!
rklenseth

Postby rklenseth » Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:17 am

Pirog wrote:
But violence is for many different reasons, and playing someone who absolutly won't strike someone is just as unrealistic as playing someone that kills every single person they come across..

Um, I don't agree with that.
There are plenty of people who wouldn't kill people under any circumstance, but the amount of people killing others without no motive, just because the oppurtunity arises are incredibly rare.

I'm not saying that killing people in Cantr is wrong, but killing them for OOC reasons, just because you find the idea of killing others characters (this seems very usual) is in my view immature and bad RPing.

So in others, you are saying if someone was holding a gun up to this kind of person's family or someone that that person loved very dearly and if given the opportunity to kill that person to save the lives of his/her family or loved one, he or her would not take it. I think anyone would.

Though I would have to disagree with all of you. Everyone kills for a reason in real life. Just some reasons we don't understand in some cases so it looks like that person killed for no reason. I think the same can be applied in Cantr for mass serial killers. And yes killing characters for OOC reasons is wrong. I do agree with you on that.
rklenseth

Postby rklenseth » Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:19 am

Pirog wrote:My most ruthless character killed about half a dozen of people, in the service of the Lad army...but I very seldom kill people just because I get a chance to. In my eyes it is very bad RPing...

It also depends on what kind of character you are rping. There are some characters that can rped who like to get into fights and kill people though if the player is playing every character like that then it would be bad rping.
The Lurker

Postby The Lurker » Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:32 am

David G wrote:You have to keep track of the first one per chracter. Who it was. Where it was. The chracter should always remember it.

1072-2: a man in his fourties says: "I remember my first kill. I was in West Kol, back then, and a note thief came through there, causing all kinds of trouble... you see back then, we didn't have any fancy 'steel' weapons, we had hunting bows... I must have chased that ------- for four days, but I finally got him."
Last edited by The Lurker on Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is no greater mistake than the hasty conclusion that opinions are worthless because they are badly argued."

Thomas H. Huxley
swymir

Postby swymir » Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:11 am

Continuation of the story....

"...We had to walk across the island 4 times uphill both ways through a Blizzard and wild horses attacking us the whole way."

I really have no idea if horses are a problem there anymore. I don't have any characters on that continent. I need more exploring characters. I only have 2 right now and one is trapped on a lake. But he knows that lake very well. Migh tmake a map of it one day.
rklenseth

Postby rklenseth » Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:47 am

Return to “General Discussion”